main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars: Crimson Reign

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthTalgus, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Comics Ochi is so funny. The movie built him up as this badass killer, a Sith assassin!, and he died by falling in a pit. The new Boba Fett, in a way. And then unlike the what the EU did with Boba, which was play up that badass killer side, Ochi is portrayed as exactly the kind of joke character who would die from falling in a pit. Also, you don't need to be some cunning vicious killer to kill Rey's parents, who, regardless of their lineage, were just regular people and therefore could have been killed by pretty much anyone hired to do the job. Next time I have the stomach to watch TROS again it's going to be very amusing hearing everyone talk about deadly, frightening Ochi when we know the truth.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I hear 80s scream voice when he speaks, the high pitched whiny.

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I hear Starscream, Skeletor and sometimes Alex Hersch Bill Cipher/King voice when it come to Ochi

And that's why what they are doing with Ochi is genius.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2021
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ochi still hasn't taken off his helmet, the one shot of his unhelmeted face in TROS when he's advancing of Rey's parents holding the dagger is genuinely creepy. But he's just way funnier with the helmet on and kicking down doors hollering "I'm Ochi of Bastoon!" and then getting punched in the face.

Although he did, y'know, stab 2 unarmed people to death. Or at least one person. Could have vaporized Rey's mum. That's pretty darn nasty. I'd love to see them reconcile it with the somewhat doofy guy we got now. Better be a One-Shot in the future about his actions and demise.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Sometimes you just have to lean into the silliness of the films.

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah but you can do one horrible thing and 99% of the time be a complete doofus.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I love that the comics ran full-steam with Ochi being exactly the sort of character who would drive around with a Sith emblem as a hood ornament.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyway, totally a personal theory, but I think the main reason this isn't a Big Multimedia LFL project ala Shadows or High Republic is the project impetus itself probably really likely came from Marvel wanting a Big Summer Star Wars Crossover. If the whole Qi'Ra/Crimson Dawn return (which I totally dig) came from anyone it probably wasn't LFL/Story Group but Soule. If it wasn't, that's probably a multiple level publishing project. Heck, maybe it was just his idea for the next arc in Star Wars but Marvel said "Crossover!" (Older example but Brian Michael Bendis had his Ultimate Six arc become a separate miniseries from Ultimate Spider-Man by Marvel editorial although he initially just fully intended it to just be the next arc)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Real question is what happens to Qi'ra when this is all over

Cuz if she dies then well...... :(

I mean technically flashback stuff but like, that wouldn't 'be as interesting if she was in the Post Endor material.

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'd put better odds that she'll still be alive by the end, maybe Crimson Dawn will be a bust, but I doubt they'd bring her back to bump her off. I mean, it COULD happen but eh not likely they'd bring her out of her storyline void just to kill her off.

Bringing Emilla Clarke back in any of the Mando-timeline live action stuff would be amazing. And they'd definitely drop a reference to this, they referenced Operation Cinder!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  11. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    It would be a stupid decision to kill her off in a comic, whatever their plans are. They rarely kill film characters in books or comics.

Qi'ra would make sense as a potential ongoing series for Endor-Jakku. Darth Vader won't exactly be able to continue.

QuinlanSolo, BigAl6ft6 and AusStig like this.
  12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they tried to cram in another Vader series taking place during an earlier point in his timeline. But in general, somethings gotta give if they want to keep the comics going post-RotJ.

Qi’ra’s as good a suggestion as any I’ve heard for carrying the line forward.

Golbolco and AusStig like this.
  13. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    A mini-series serving as a prequel to Obi-Wan Kenobi, possibly.

14. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    That sounds about right, though knowing Marvel they’d try and make it a full 25 issue run.

AusStig likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

This will be total story of Qira and Ren seems to ge like he is in others stories olny 20 years younger.

Vialco, BigAl6ft6 and AusStig like this.
  16. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    I think that they'll probably go with a Vader series prior to the OT again. The 2017 run barely scratched the surface, there's a lot of space in those ~20 years for more stories. Personally, I've felt for a while that the next Vader series ought to be in fact a Kylo Ren ongoing series prior to TFA.

If the main series and the Aphra series (and the Bounty Hunter series?) go post-Endor or post-Jakku, I think that a spin-off Dark Sideish character is likely to serve as the fill-in for Vader. Qi'ra fits the bill for that role and is a strong enough character/concept to carry an ongoing, if you ask me.

Or a full series serving as a sequel, depending on the fallout from Kenobi.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Hopefully Qi'ra gets to beat up Ochi with her pair of Sailor Moon Kaledo Scope inspired weapons...

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Now her next arc begins with the WOTBH has ended. And we see her work with Ren and others on the cover.

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Hopefully, Qi'ra will be more front and center in this one and the sequel. She didn't do much besides briefly fighting Vader in the crossover.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    AusStig likes this.
  20. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

Hey... what else does she need? I enjoyed her flexing her muscles from all different angles and artists styles.

I know they are cheating by telling the same story from a thousand povs but that piece was glorious!

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

First cover most likley, and im getting beyond excited, red guards.!

22. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    cover for #2 actually

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-january-2022-star-wars-comics-exclusive
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: CRIMSON REIGN #2 (OF 5)

CHARLES SOULE (W) • STEVEN CUMMINGS (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

SABACC CARD VARIANT COVER BY DAVID LOPEZ
    KNIGHTS OF REN VARIANT COVER BY RAHZZAH
    WARRIORS OF DAWN VARIANT COVER BY VALERIO GIANGIORDANO
    ENEMIES OF DAWN VARIANT COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN
    SYNDICATE VARIANT COVER BY KHOI PHAM
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY ARIO ANINDITO

THE ASSASSINS!

QI’RA sends two killers to do what they do best to continue with her plan to plunge the galaxy into chaos. The relentless, Force-blinded OCHI OF BESTOON and the mysterious, unstoppable DEATHSTICK each have a target, and nothing will get in their way!

24. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Looks like this isn't a crossover after all. Phew.

Well, not like WOTBH was. I'd imagine there'll be cross-references in the other issues, but it doesn't seem to be taking them over for a few months.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the next is probaly the last of the Qira trilogy,