main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Mini-Games Challenge (Now Open For NEW 2024 Challenges!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 15, 2020.

1. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    LOLOLLL I should have known. o_O

#5 for me, @Pandora! [face_whistling] (Yes, I have a lot of prompts outstanding, shhhhh, I'll get there. [face_batting])

2. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    @Mira_Jade : You certainly may! You have received "Ruska":

(And I have to admit that I was so excited to encounter someone else who likes Apocalyptica--I mean, I have worn my Apocalyptica t-shirt in public since 2013, and no one, not one person, has even recognized their name--that I had to go pacing all over the house, and then try to head bang, but got too dizzy and had to give it up.)

-----------------------------------

@ViariSkywalker : And you have received "Deathzone". (As for outstanding prompts: I'm in the same situation, so I know what you mean.)

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_rofl] Drats, I'm becoming predictable! [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

NOT ONE PERSON??? What a sad world we live in. Well, I, personally, applaud your most excellent taste in music and thank you for this wonderful prompt, again! [face_dancing] [face_love] [:D]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  4. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Only to those who know your taste for European symphonic metal bands. [face_mischief] ;)

My gosh, it's so eerie, I love it.

Also, "Deathzone"... okay, universe, I read you loud and clear. o_O

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  5. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @Mira_Jade : NOT ONE PERSON??? What a sad world we live in. Well, I, personally, applaud your most excellent taste in music and thank you for this wonderful prompt, again! [face_dancing] [face_love]

I know. Well, I'm wearing my t-shirt at work today, so who knows: a nice 70ish couple, who are--against all stereotypes--into European symphonic metal and/or cellos, might just happen into this museum...

And you're very welcome about the prompt!

-----------------------

@ViariSkywalker : It definitely has that eerie funeral march feeling. I don't think it's one of their best known songs, but it is one of my favorites--and it is the entire soundtrack of a short story I have started in notes form. (It's original fiction, though, so no, it won't be coming to the boards.)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  7. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Thank you! It's been added to the index. :)

8. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    I love getting this insight! The song really lends itself to being played on repeat, so I can see why you could write a whole short story from it. I already have a couple of ideas for how to use this, so we'll see what I can come up with. [face_mischief]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I listened to those songs and love it. Can I get number 2 @Pandora

10. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
  11. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
  12. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Could I have #4 please, @Pandora? I have to be honest, I will probably end up not writing anything because my muse vanished months ago and shows no signs of returning (although I guess technically it's not impossible that this might inspire something!) but I always enjoy finding new music to listen to. [face_batting]

13. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @amidalachick : You have received "Kaamos" (which is the Finnish word for polar night):

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  14. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    For @amidalachick's wonderful Bruce Springsteen Song Challenge, I present an Avatar: The Last Airbender fic inspired by my assigned song "Brilliant Disguise":

Dances and Disguises

Thanks to @amidalachick and Bruce Springsteen for the song and the inspiration for a story I wouldn't have written otherwise[face_dancing]

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  16. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
  17. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    I realized I forgot to add this to the index when I saw the thread bumped just now. So sorry about that!

It's all in there now, and thank you so much for writing and sharing this! [:D]

18. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    YAY! Gotten and indexed. :D [face_mischief]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And the Worrt is now part of the new entry 89 of my diary too: Emergencies

20. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, that critter sure gets around. [face_hypnotized]

21. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  22. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  23. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @RX_Sith : You have received "Last Hope"--which is, as it happens, the most metal song in the challenge. Legendary metal drummer Dave Lombardo was featured on this one. That's how metal it is.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  24. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
  25. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Awesome!

I've added it to the challenge index now:)

Mira_Jade likes this.