main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny All Aboard the Hype Train to June 2023!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by choccy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I definitely think in the first movie, they were purposefully playing with the classic "light = good, dark = evil" color schemes were Indy and Belloq were concerned.

Especially apparent in this entire sequence:

[​IMG]

2. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Ah...I can't see the image. Broken link.

3. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Crap. Try this: https://www.cnet.com/a/img/eHq3T0O9...b1dd7cc/screenshot-2021-06-10-at-12-52-51.png

If that doesn't work, I mean the scene in the bar where they're chatting right after Marion's death. Indy's in the shadows and kind of blurry. Belloq's in focus and in the light, emphasizing his bright clothes.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    But that's a whole 'nother year!:luke:

BigAl6ft6, Gobi-1, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  5. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Set photos with Antonio Banderas

6. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    It is triggering me that Indy wears the shoulder bag both over the jacket and on the other shoulder from normal [face_laugh]

Disappointing that the film have been pushed back to 2023

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    In all fairness... wearing the shoulder bag under the jacket almost got him killed in Last Crusade when he got stuck on the tank :p if I were him, I would have stopped tucking it under the jacket, too.

8. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Mangold weighed in on that one. [face_laugh]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Maybe the bag has been moved to cover his gun or to cover where his gun was.

10. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    Ha yes. Although, that stunt always bug me because how did his strap go over the gun barrel? Wasn't the gun barrel all open out at the end because Indy push the stone inside it and it explode?

It is one of these "just shrug and accept it" film moments. :D

Sarge likes this.
  11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

paradigmes and PymParticles like this.
  12. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I don't care that Indy's satchel is a gas mask bag from 1942 and they use it before that time but, the sequence in The Last Crusade were Indy's satchel is stuck around one of the tanks guns never made sense to me. The satchel is wrapped around the gun, ok. Now its not?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Gobi-1, paradigmes and christophero30 like this.
  13. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I always thought Ford looks like Steve Martin when he does that shrug.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    paradigmes likes this.
  14. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    "Genius of the restoration..."
    "...aid our own resuscitation"

Sarge likes this.
  15. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I'm disappointed that the film got pushed back it's because of COVID and the fact that Marvel movies are backed up in a log jam because of COVID and not Just MCU but Marvel Sony Pictures has to come out chronologically so they don't want Marvel to steal Indy's thunder at the box office or vice versa. But Indy 5 should be done filming in December 2021 so at least that will be over with just post production work! This will give Lucasfilm and Mangold time to really refine the film give us something really special! And we might get a Trailer in 2022 The new James Bond film got a teaser two years before release so you never know?

16. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Take your time. Get it right. make it good.

paradigmes and Sarge like this.
  17. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The only reason James Bond got that teaser was because it was supposed to come out much earlier. That movie has been postponed numerous times. Basically, the movie was done and about to be released, wit hthe marketing campaign already ramping up, and then Covid prevented that from happening. So it's not like they wanted to release an early teaser. It came out when a teaser would normally come out, but unforseeable issues caused delays in the release. That being said, with a 2023 summer release for Indy, a teaser in late 2022 wouldn't be all that surprising.

I never really understood this idea of more time somehow allowing for something special. Either the movie is great or it isn't. Some additional months of post-production will make very little difference, unless you had way too little time to begin with. TROS could have needed more time, because it's production schedule was very compressed. But a movie that already has a normal production schedule is unlikely to gain much at all.

KyleKartan and AndyLGR like this.
  18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    What about the Jurassic World Dominion Teaser with The Fast And The Furious in Summer 2021 a whole summer before its release Jurassic Park Dominion was supposed to be released last year as well;)

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    sorry for the double post my edit window expired. any movie can benefit from extra time tweak the script, editing reshoots or refining the visual effects!

Sarge likes this.
  20. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    You are still using movies that were pushed around during a pandemic.

I also never said that you couldn't have an early teaser, just that your example was a bad one, because the James Bond trailers were right in time for when the release was supposed to happen. It was a very late decision to delay the movie again. So late in fact, that the marketing campaign was already in full swing. To make Rogue Squadron comparable to that, you would need to have the final marketing push for the movie to begin in late 2023, only for the movie to suddenly being pushed back to 2024 or 2025.
    It's simply a very unique circumstance that could in no way be applied to any other movie.

No, a movie can only benefit from that if there is something to improve. If you are done with something you are done with something. If you already have all the time you need to create the special effects, than they won't get any better if you have more time. Nor does every script need to be tinkered with endlessly.

There is also the possibility of not being able to stop, and simply making things worse the more time you spend on tinkering with the movie. Too much time to think is not always a good idea.
    Also, this is Star Wars we are talking about, it's not like there aren't plenty of fans who wish Lucas wouldn't have tinkered with the OT after its release...

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Indy going Scuba Diving!

Indy wearing a tie in Morocco!

22. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    Great pictures. I am very particular about Indiana Jones aesthetic though which is why I do not like the bag strap to be over the jacket. I also did not care for Indiana adding a tie to the khaki shirt and leather jacket look in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. For me "classic" Indiana Jones is how he appear at the start of Raiders of the Lost Ark in the jungle, but I appreciate that in each film, his look or his equipment is slightly different in each one.

23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Banderas and the kid reminds me of the old Tarzan films with Gordon Scott or Mike Henry, often Tarzan would be transported up river by a salty old sea dog and he'd have an orphan in tow.
    [​IMG]

Sarge likes this.
  24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    The Tie with the Khaki pants and Leather jacket was scene in Last Crusade but Indy gave Elsa the Tie and Fedora and wore her Scottish tam o' shanter and In Last Crusade remember this,
    [​IMG]
    in the bottom right picture Indy having the strap under the jacket trapped Indy on the Tank Gun Turret had the strap been over the jacket Indy could have just taken off the jacket Walla he is free I think this Is why Spielberg and Mangold went this route! good choice IMHO!

a tam o' shanter Scottish hat,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  25. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Is the guy not supposed to update his wardrobe in 4 decades? :p

PCCViking and Sarge like this.