main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
  2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    @Chancellor Yoda So great to see you back!!

One of the most impactful things I've found in recent comics was this part from issue 6 of the Star Wars series:

[​IMG]

In some extreme use of evilness and dark magic, Vader managed to keep the Grand Inquisitor around after his death in a ruined Jedi temple, as a trap of unsuspecting Jedi (or at least Jedi to be). It seemed like the responsible of this dreadful act was Vader himself, and even if its not certain that it was actually the GI or just a CGI programmed to think itself to be him, I think it speaks volumes about Vader´s interests in necromancy, as we saw in the Fortress Vader arc and the VR game...

3. KaleeshFett

KaleeshFett Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2021
    @Ithorians, Vader's ventures into the Sith darks arts as it were, are always delightful for me. With how much contempt Vader had for the Grand Inquisitor, he probably found cruel amusement out of turning the Inquisitor into a glorified guard dog on the Jedi Temple. I could envision him doing a similar insidious deed on the Second Sister for her "failure" on Fortress Inquisitorius as well.

Vialco, Darth_Furio and Ithorians like this.
  4. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Oh, absolutely! Their relationship is so interesting, its actually I would be very happy to explore it in live action (in Kenobi, for instance, if the rumours end up being true). And aside from the Inquisitorius, Vader had some pretty intriguing subordinates in both legends:

[​IMG]

And canon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    "Alas, Poor Sith Lord. I knew him, master."

:p

6. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    I'm always fascinated by alternative timelines of Vader surviving ROTJ as a reborn Jedi. Found this on the Star Wars reddit, searching for Vader related stuff.

7. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  8. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    That's a pretty interesting concept, @KaleeshFett!

I was thinking about back around the early 2000s, the PT times. If there was one thing that bothered me about it, was hearing people say that Vader was a loser, and that he would be completely destroyed by any lightsaber wielder from the PT era because he was slow, a shadow of his former self, and so on. I was always wondering how could they possibly conclude something like that seeing, and knowing, how powerful Vader is! Then new content came from what we now know as canon, and we got to see how these lightning quick Force and lightsaber wielders would fare against our favorite Sith Lord. And guess what:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

... it seems that he wasn't so slow after all!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  9. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Anyone remember the Star Wars Infinites comics? The ANH one was my favorite, always fascinated by these what if... stories in Star Wars.

Darth Vader training Leia as a Sith.

[​IMG]

Cynda, adalmentia, PCCViking and 4 others like this.
  10. Starwars0101

Starwars0101 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2021
    [​IMG]
    Darth Vader is the best villain ever.

11. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Anybody here remember the Dark Times comics back in the day? I have fond memories of the various post-ROTS stories released at the time with DT containing some excellent tales of surviving Jedi.

Darth Vader always being a dark shadow over the entire series.

This cover I remember standing out the most at my local bookstore at the time.
    [​IMG]

12. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    Hayden Christensen is confirmed for Ahsoka

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  13. Jedi_Prophet77

Jedi_Prophet77 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2017
  14. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Just played as vader in the force unleashed.

He is SOOOOOOO powerful

Ithorians and CampOfSorgan like this.
  15. Jedi_Prophet77

Dec 14, 2017
    Best line of the entire series? "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
    [​IMG]

16. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    @KaleeshFett The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite of the Infinities comics. Vader versus Leia!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  17. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  18. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I was wondering about your thoughts about the concept art from the Kenobi series. Our beloved Sith Lord appears to have prominence in the series!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems interesting enough, right?

19. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  20. RedVader7

RedVader7 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 7, 2021
    [​IMG] My collection of Vader funkos so far, Trying to find the tie fighter one is proving difficult. All encased with funko protectors.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  21. Jedi_Prophet77

Dec 14, 2017
  22. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    Vader died nearly 40 years ago and yet still remains THE character of Star Wars......

As it should be

23. RedVader7

Nov 7, 2021
    I managed to find it at long last! This will be soon going on a shelf with the other Vader funkos so keep an eye out for that but here is the Vader Tie-fighter funko finally!!!

[​IMG]

24. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Congrats! I know there's a collecting thread you should brag in. Also @Jar-Jar Binks collects Funkos, I believe.

25. RedVader7

Nov 7, 2021
    I have other funkos but the Vader ones are my prized possessions. I have around 50 or so from Michael Myers to Captain America. I like collecting them I have few more from Star Wars but obviously I’m a Vader nerd so I’ve really gone after his best ones.

I’m not getting anymore now for awhile. There are some silly ones like red chrome and pink Vader a complete waste of money and a mockery IMO, I don’t know who would want those but I think I have the best ones actually. The tie fighter one eluded me but I managed to prize a collector into giving it up for a tidy sum.