main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference Dune: The Between Years OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by darthbernael , Oct 14, 2021.

1. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    @greyjedi125, @BobaMatt, @Sinrebirth, @Mitth_Fisto, @TheAdmiral, @pashatemur, @Darth Tormentum

And for those who I know will be sending CS’s soon, @HanSolo29 and @Shadowsun, everyone welcome to the OOC thread for Dune, all questions comments, lore you desire to ask about, all things related to the game and the story, and just chat, here’s the place.

For anyone else that desires to join as well, this is a place to say hello, ask questions, and get the information you need to be able to create your CS's.

And, here are the threads for the game, resource and game thread.

Resource thread
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads/dune-the-between-years-resource-thread.50056704/

Game thread
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads/dune-the-between-years.50056666/

Welcome, my friends, this shall be an interesting and fun experience for us all.

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    DUNE! DUNE! DUNE! DUNE!

greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  3. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  4. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    No direct tags this week, more in the order of setup, backstory type responses, singles of course, until the update goes up next Monday.

For any who need it, feel free to PM me with questions, for anything, to be able to write your responses.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  5. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    For reference, based on the OP, pashatemur’s Na’die, TheAdmiral’s Aya-Carolina, Corellian_Outrider’s character, BobaMatt’s Thufir, and HanSolo29’s character are at the Grand Audience on Kaitain. Sinrebirth’s Ike is in the meeting with Rabban on Arrakis, Mitth_Fisto’s Randolpho is at the transport in Arrakeen, as is BobaMatt’s secondary (should you desire to play them). And the Fremen, greyjedi125’s Naveed, Shadowsun’s Shamir, and Darth Tormentum’s Shafra are all spread out on Arrakis, preparing for raids.

6. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    One thing I haven't mentioned is I do plan weekly updates, so if responses are done by end of the day Sunday the update should be able to go up on Monday.

Oh and be prepared for small, like a couple weeks at the most, time jumps here and there, not often and not right in the middle of conflicts, but they'll happen sometimes.

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Surrounded by Bene Gesserit witches on Kaitain!

Also @Mitth_Fisto if you wanna do a combined, message me.

8. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I’m bowing out.

Feel free to use my CS sheets or pretend they weren’t submitted.

9. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Sorry to see you go, I wish you well in your other endeavors here.

For the rest of the cast, the first update will be up on Monday. A decent bit of it is already written, just awaiting responses to finalize it.

10. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    My goodness... watched Dune today at the movies. Amazing. Very faithful to the book, absolutely hyped for this game.

Awesome stuff.

11. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I’m looking forward to seeing it though I have to wait a bit longer. It doesn’t come out till December here.

It has quite a lot of positive feedback so far. Just hope they green light production for the next film.

12. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Smiles at all the responses so far, pulls the hood up over his head, fingers steepled before him, a dusky "Exxxxccccelllleeennnttt!" coming from the shadows of the hood.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  14. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Awwww, it's just a matter of getting used to the subject matter. And you're definitely good at that. And wait, one of those I haven't seen yet, in thread...

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Umm, I have not watched any version of Dune nor have I read any of the books. All I did was read the OP and check the Wiki on a couple named things. 8-}

16. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I’m not that versed in the realm. I’ve seen parts of the miniseries years ago but can’t really remember it... and a friend used to have that PC game, Dune 2000. I used the wiki and also have to thank @darthbernael for answering my barrage of questions :p

I did stumble upon this which might be of help:

17. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I saw the movie ages ago and am marginally familiar with the world. I did a lot of Wiki reading and got my head back in the 'sand' as it were. I was actually channeling my inner 'Sinre'. I'd imagine @Sinrebirth , you'd have no problem flowing in Spice in short order. :)

EDIT: I also watched the new movie this past weekend, so I'm super excited for what happens next. :D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  18. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    I read the book back in another life, saw the older film with Sting as Feyd, and saw a snippet or two from the series. Fortunately, Dune seems enormously popular and has a huge fan base. There's lots of information out there! So I read some. I was very concerned I get my post right. You can't actually throw a virtual rock without finding what you need online.

Frank Herbert is just another rper who put together a game and we are all guests in his head, worms in his desert, scooping up tidbits and leaving ...eh...er...trails!

Come on in, @Sinrebirth and all, the water's great!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  19. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Now you how I felt when I joined Dark Reach. :p

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    And the reason I declined this game............just do not have the brain space for another universe! :p

21. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    I understand @Adalia-Durron, but it is sad not to have your talent in the game.

22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    o_O Interesting choice of words there Pash! Talent...........[face_rofl]

23. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Sighs Update is up....

As for the pair of @Mitth_Fisto and @BobaMatt, if your response or responses are up today I'll do an update for them and otherwise it can go until the next update.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes sir! We are just wrapping it up. Sorry for the delay, I shall ever endeavor to post more sire!

25. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    No problem. I didn't want to rush you both. And look forward to the combo.

OOC: I forgot to mention, everyone is in approximately the same place as with the OP. Certain movement has occurred on Arrakis and is noted in the update.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021