main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge WIPtober! (Finish WIPs, Win Prizes!)—Sign Up Now through Sept. 30!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Sep 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    @ViariSkywalker @RX_Sith @amidalachick @Raissa Baiard wow, you folks are unmitigatedly awesome! Some fantastic writing and reviewing work, there; I've got it all logged in the index. Just what I love to see as we enter the home stretch of our WIP month! :cool:

EDIT: Logged my fifth review: @ViariSkywalker ’s deliciously dark Metamorphosis. That completes my five reviews; I’m working on the tarot challenge scene, too, and hope to have that one done in the next few days, too!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    So, I might have been shamefully negligent about completing most of my writing goals for WIPtober (though the month isn't over yet, so maybe in the last two days, I can somehow manage to achieve at least one more of my writing goals) but at least today I have found the time to comment on some wonderful stories written by some lovely authors that managed to be more motivated than me this October. So a round of applause to them for their dedication to writing=D=

Links to my five reviews are below:

[Tolkien] Hither & Yon: An Eventful Sojourn in Middle-Earth DDC 2021 (Gandalf) by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

"Unexpected Allegiance" Luke/Mara, others. WIP by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Bright Sadness (Lasat OCs; Lira San introspection; various Mini-Games challenges) by @Findswoman

Metamorphosis (AU, 47 ABY, Jacen, Vergere, vignette, Haiku Poetry Roulette) by @ViariSkywalker

"Something There" | Ad-hoc OTP Romcom & Discworld Challenge |Song!verse; Jag/Jaina, Anakin Skywalker by @Mira_Jade

Thank you to all the authors for producing these gems that were a joy to read[:D]

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wonderful reviews, @devilinthedetails , and nothing to sneeze at in the least—congratulations on getting these done (and, speaking personally, thank you so much for the awesome one you gave me)! They are logged, and your goal is achieved. :) If things don't work out this month, our Word Race is right around the corner, which I know I'm going to avail myself of for some of my own unfinished goals from this month. Hooray for second chances, I say! :D

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hmm, question - does finish mean posted? Or finished writing and now just editing before posting?

I think I can finish my third challenge by tomorrow, but not have it edited sufficiently before the deadline.

5. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    That’s a good question. I would say that finished doesn’t necessarily have to be posted; I’m willing to take your word for it that it’s finished and log it as such (and it’s fantastic that you’re so close!), as I’ve been doing for other folks throughout this challenge. Also, given that plenty of people’s goals involve WIPs that aren’t ready to be posted anyway (one of mine, for example), I’m taking their word for those, too, of course, so I definitely don’t mind taking people’s word for things that are going to be posted anyway in just a manner of days!

I’m also guessing that your third story will likely be up well before Sunday, November 7—is that right? That’s when I am posting the special WIP Month edition of the Reader’s Choice thread, so it would be fantastic to have a link to the story by then. But it looks like that shouldn’t be a problem. Just add the link in this thread when it’s ready, and I’ll be sure it gets in that list. And well done once again for being so close to finishing your three-story goal! :cool:

While I’m here, I’m going to announce that I just completed my small goal of finishing a scene of my story for @Seldes_Katne ’s Tarot Trio challenge. It too is a WIP of the very kind I mention above, currently clocking in at 822 words. That means I won’t have it ready by Seldes’s stated deadline of the 31st (tomorrow)—really sorry about that, and I hope it won’t be a problem! But it feels good to have at least a substantial section of the story done, especially since I have to devote November to onto another project with a much harder deadline. I at least know where I am going with it now, and that’s a great feeling! :)

6. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I managed to get my final 2 reviews in:

Star Trek: My Game Plan, Actually by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Beginnings by Raissa Baiard

Now I hope to use November to catch up on the rest of the stories I wanted to read this month. :p

Congratulations again to all of you amazing writers for all you've accomplished! =D=[:D]

7. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Five reviews are finished:
    My short piece "Huntress" remains unfinished, although I did get some writing done on it. (This story will not be rushed, apparently....) Once October is over and life has slowed down, I'll go back and look at what I've written and see if I need to tweak it, or just force myself to sit in a chair and write for a couple of evenings. It will get done eventually, I'm sure.

8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    So, it is my pleasure to announce that I was able to finish my multiple chapter WIP (which is now no longer a WIP[face_dancing]) All the Difference.

This means that I have completed all my large goals and my reviewer goals for this month, which I'll take as a triumph given that my life has kind of been a chaotic shambles lately.

Happy Halloween[face_pumpkin], everyone, and a big thank you to @Findswoman for hosting this magnificent and motivational event[:D]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  9. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Well, I did not finish chapter 23 of Enter the Foreign, but I did manage a total of 7,768 words for the story as a whole, after several months of being completely stuck. I'm hoping to use the word race to finish out that chapter and the entire story in November; we'll see if I can make it happen. :p

I did manage to meet my reviewer goal, even if I was a bit down to the wire, lol. My 5 reviews are:

Bright Sadness by Findswoman

All Fools in Love by Mira_Jade

The Garden was Beautiful by devilinthedetails

Child of Lasan--Child of Lira San by Findswoman

Leaping to Conclusions by Kit' (part of Snips and Snails and Bantha's Tails)

Great job this month, everyone! And thanks to @Findswoman for running this challenge! I really enjoyed taking part. :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  10. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005

You don't want to know how my last few weeks have been.

(Yes--more veterinary drama, worrisome bloodwork results, and the word "cancer" has been used in a sentence. Tomorrow afternoon, my cat has an appointment with the specialty vet, and I don't even want to guess at what terrible truths may be revealed. You had better believe I'm scared.)

But moving on: I didn't complete my medium goal of 1000 words for "The Winter Queen," but I did manage to write 730 words--and considering everything I have been dealing with, I want to acknowledge that. That, and the fact that I have now successfully finished my failed WIPril goal of 500 words for this story.

-------------------------------------

Finally, congratulations to everyone on their goals, both accomplished and still in progress, this month!

11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh no Pandora! Big hugs for you and for the Kitty.

Also congrats to everyone for finishing their goals (even if you missed some, any accomplisment should be celebrated!).

I got my third one done of my oneshots. In by the skin of my teeth and with the amazing @Findswoman giving me until the 7th to post it, the last tweaks of editing that could not happen at the time I finished it will mean that it'll be posted too!

Yay!

It's called "The Reluctant Padawan" and it has Kirsh and Heilan :)

12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    @amidalachick @Seldes_Katne @devilinthedetails @ViariSkywalker @Pandora @Kit' wonderful work by you all, whether on stories, reviews, or both! =D= I believe I have everything you mentioned logged in the index now—If I've missed something, please do not hesitate to let me know. @Pandora, I hope that beautiful cat of yours will be OK; that sounds unbelievably stressful and scary! <3

So, my friends, this officially wraps WIPtober 2021! To all who completed goals this month, way to go—I'm in awe of all the passion and hard work you put in to make your story dreams reality! =D= And to those who didn't accomplish all they had hoped to this month: please don't feel bad, and please do be proud of what you did manage to accomplish—it all counts and all brings you closer to your goals, and I am proud of you for that! @};- There's always our awesome Word Race as a second chance, and I know I'll be availing myself of that for sure. Looking forward to seeing you many of you over there, and sending you all best writerly vibes for this new month, too! :cool:

13. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    @Findswoman you're amazing with everything you do for these boards! An absolute powerhouse!

I just finished posting mine up! Yay!

Tidepool which is part of the new Reluctant Padawan series

14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Well, shucks, thanks so much, Kit'. <3 I certainly try. I love this community so much that I really want to do all I can for it! :)

And hooray to see this posted! =D= I've got it in the index now—and in the special Reader's Choice edition I'm planning for this coming Sunday, along with links to all the other stupendous stories on which goals were achieved last month! :)