main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Book of Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeff_Ferguson, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Hint? What hint? [face_mischief]

2. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    It was will not with !!

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

People been comparing Boba to Maul in terms of wanting to be "A Godfather" and also being resurrected.

But I honestly think Boba can pull it off way more than Maul did.

4. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    I hope Boba is abit like the joker in The Dark knight and just want's to rip the underworld apart not rule it. Just to get what he truly want's ?? and what he want's will be the mystery of the series.

Sarge likes this.
  5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Boba’s got a lot more going in his favour than Maul did. There are no Sith or Empire who he needs to be wary of, the New Republic has pretty much left the criminals to do their thing in the Outer Rim and most of the big players like the Hutts have been cut down so there’s a vacuum to be filled.

6. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Don't you dare bring up Boba's resurrection... or else they throw him into the Sarlacc Pit again... and again! Been there done that!

Can we get a "Jawas of Doom" adaption episode?

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

even they were Boba’s got a bit more self control and a bit more....tact.

granted both are plagued with issues but it seems a post Pit Boba may be overcoming them.

but that we shall see

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is exactly the kind of thing a fanboy/gal author would pull in an offshoot novel or sourcebook. Just a little side reference.
    When Fett took control of Tatooine, he held many titles. The yokels of the small dusty village of Sernpidal called him mayor, and often recount a colorful tale of how he jumped down a sarlacc hole with a thermal detonator.

9. QuinlanSolo

QuinlanSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2019
    Is it just me, or...

did we just see Filoni-verse Mosep Binneed with a speaking role in the trailer? [\spoiler]

Vialco likes this.
  10. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t think their personalities have much bearing to their success/failure, so much as the circumstances around them do. Maul was never going to properly flourish in a world where Palpatine was essentially God King.

In a world without Palpatine or Vader though...I think Maul could have been a very credible threat to the New Republic as a whole.

11. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    B'omarr character when? :p

Sarge, Kadar Ordo and Senpezeco like this.
  12. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Maybe the B'omarr in the opening shot has Bib's brain after he got shot by Boba.

13. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    My prediction is that attackers with shields are members of the Red Key Raiders and this organization will be Fett's main opponent for the first two or three episodes.

JediBatman likes this.
  14. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    It will be interesting how they play bobba, the grey to others back perhaps?

Also since Bobba is becoming the godfather, is there a mandalorian tradition of being unable to refuse requests on the day of his daughters wedding?

JediBatman likes this.
  15. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Go to jail

16. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    really like the Ithorian in the trailer

17. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Still hyped for this but minor-ly worried that the trailer is hinting that "they" are doing the one thing I hoped "they" wouldn't but "they" always seem to do with these kinds of stories. Namely when making a show or film about a bad guy make them less bad and even actually a good guy, and Disney are the worst offenders. "Rule with respect" come on Boba Fett. Thinking this could be a warm cuddly version of Boba Fett

Sarge and AusStig like this.
  18. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Star Wars really does evil protagonists, normally they are fighting people who are worse.

But yes it does like they are greying Fett.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean what's wrong with that not like Fett has much of a character in the first place

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    He froze Han, or at least was a willing participant in it for monetary gain. Fett's a bad dude. Not sure how much you can make him hunky dory good guy on that. Maybe a whole respect the game of it all.

21. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    He’s been an Anti-Hero in a lot of storytelling before canon, so this doesn’t bother me at all.

Nom von Anor and AusStig like this.
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

To be fair he fell in the Sarlacc pit and he's only NOW coming back into the fold after 5 years so...Maybe he's changing.

Characters can do that you know....They aren't always stagnant

Not the best example but wasn't he a bit of a anti-hero in the Legacy of the Force stuff.

And even in Tales from Jabba's Palace isn't he kinda a big anti-spice anti slavery kinda guy. Like he's a Bounty Hunter with Honor or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2021
  23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah he pretty much had a code of honour throughout Legends. It was about the only consistent part of his characterisation, that he always had some kind of morality governing him.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    Daneira and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah, so if anything this probably a very Legends friendly depiction of the character.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Just saw the trailer today, i'm digging the premise, of Boba as leader of Jabba's Crime Organization and wanting to be a fair leader for it, the characterization of the titular character is also my preferred way of doing Boba Fett.

I originally expected this to be an anthology of various unrelated Boba stories.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    CampOfSorgan and AusStig like this.