main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

They never gave it a release date and neither have they said it was canceled so yes...it is still happening

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Detours hasn't been officially canceled either.

BigAl6ft6 and Golbolco like this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    well this is a big live action show,so.

4. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I’m pretty sure Jordan mason pointed out that rangers is also another show being done by Dave and John so I mean they are kinda busy. I’m sure they will get round to it at some Point.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    schrodinger's cancelled

Which seems to be a lucasfilm/disney thing. Nothing ever gets canned, just push else where.

Riv_Shiel, Daneira and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This is likley their last show to do, and they won't cancel it.

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You're overlooking that they can announce a new show whenever they want.

AusStig and Irredeemable Fanboy like this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I just think the whole they cancelled Rangers thing is just one of those things fans have taken out of proportion

Jedi Ben and Irredeemable Fanboy like this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So given that i still think this is all leading to a big Heir to the Empire like scenario with each show introducing a certain element of the Trilogy

In my mind Book of Boba is adding in the Criminal Underworld element that was part of the OG TTT

My guess is Ashoka more or less adds the Force/Darkside element to it as well not only in case of Thrawn but the dark side elements ala whoever the equivalent of C'boath will be.

JediFett10 likes this.
  10. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Yes it could be that, hence the "Rangers" part, or maybe it's just a SpecOps group that has a lot of liberties to protect the Republic as they see fit, something like that, but either way we will get expansion on the reign of the New Republic and how the Military structure of it works kinda, regardless of the protagonist being part of it or not.

AusStig likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

See i don't really see any of these shows doing that sorta deep dive at all really.

Maybe a good tie-in novel...if that's allowed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2021
  12. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Hahhaha well i'm not expecting anything too deep, just showcasing some New Republic Military forces doing their job and how they relate to the "Rangers" maybe have some tension there.
    That would be great, more tie-in novels for the post-ROTJ era shows to keep expanding the time period, but of course there's the issue of the Story Group not wanting to "get in the way" of the shows, much like what happened with the ST, i feel they will keep the tie-ins to the minimum if we're being realistic.

I could be wrong, though.

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yep, US TV is awash with the corpses of announced then axed series.

I dunno, jurisdiction and agency politics are pretty much hard wired into a lot of US TV output, especially cop procedurals. A SW riff on that could work better than you might expect.

As to other mediums linking in, that might be changing with the recognition that the shows are telling contained, compact stories that are easier to get around and plan for.

Riv_Shiel, JediBatman and Golbolco like this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

IDK why but i always guessed that Rangers was like the Star Wars equivalent of Suicide Squad but maybe the characters are less villainous per say.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I was thinking it might end up being a little like Wraith Squadron. The squadron that mainly ran ground missions to keep things in line. Making sure the Imperial Warlord of the Week doesn't get too rowdy.

It's a show like that that could make use of Donald Glover and Alden Ehrenreich... if it's based just a few years after ROTJ, might as well use those actors for cameos in a few episodes.

16. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Kinda ironic how we're all clamoring for a "Warlord of the Week" storyline, when people were sick of that sort of story in the late 90's.

Times change.

Jedi Ben and AusStig like this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I honestly doubt those two are gonna be appearing in any of the Mandoverse stuff

To be fair I kinda don't really want that either, i much prefer this streamlined way of doing it then just getting a bunch of Warlords. We've already got Gideon and we're about to get the ultimate Imp Remnant leader Thrawn at this point.

18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Some people are clamoring for it. Though if you compare the timeline of the two EU's they are at about the same spot.

19. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    That's fair, but i wouldn't mind at least another Warlord to have around other than Gideon, not just because of the "nostalgia" of it, but because having smaller villains would build up Gideon and Thrawn since they wouldn't be as competent or threatening as those two.

At least that's how i see it, smaller Warlords help build up the big boys.

@AusStig True, we're in the Bantam Era of the New Canon! Or perhaps we should call it the "Mandoverse Era"?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    Jedi Ben and AusStig like this.
  20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean i just feel that it would get old real fast if every episode is "hey lets go to a planet and overthrow this Pro Imperial Dude" like sure it works in Suicide Squad but normally it's just one Warlord or govemrent they overthrow while dealing with issues.

And technically this Era is Called the "New Republic Era" but I so far prefer New Canon version because it's gonna have more tie in to Dark Empires unlike Bantam so that's a win for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2021
  21. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Oh, not every episode of course, just that maybe in Rangers you have a different Warlord as the antagonist of the series that isn't Gideon or Thrawn, someone more like Daala, so that when they get to Gideon's last confrontation it becomes more apparent this guy is much more dangerous than all the other random Moffs or Admirals that appeared.

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Depends on if Gideon isn't dealt with the end of the Mandalorian.

I guess one way they can do this is they deal with some timey Warlords, they own a planet or two, ragged looking Stormtroopers...Bascially Werner Herzog types.

Then maybe the whole thing leads to them hearing about whispers about stuff going on in the Unknown Regions but juuuuuuuuust as they are about to find out about the First Order, something happens cuz ....Sequel Trilogy gotta happen that stops them.

Or this could be the Event Series that has them deal with Thrawn ...that's option B.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  23. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I think people just want thrawn because they think it will be like it was when they first read it.

I mean you could have two episode or more arcs.
    Even in Bantam, the big warlords (Daala, Isard, Zinj) all were there for more than one book. i mean one warlord even had a trilogy all about him.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah but at the end of the day Thrawn sorta outshines them all he's the OT Imp Warlord and the one who is the most remembered by a wider audience.

25. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Exactly, that's my point, the "Warlords of the Week" are only so when compared to the most important or menacing ones, not literally taken out in one episode or chapter lol.

AusStig likes this.