main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Was Anakin good for the Jedi Order ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Master Endz-One, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    Anakin was a great Jedi, a model in many ways. He disagreed with the corruption in the Jedi Order and he caused the Jedi Order to look within themselves, the next generations of Jedi has stood away from government politics and embraced the balance of the force. Anakin brought balance to the Force, by wiping out all Jedi and Sith.

In saying this, the Jedi Order was very powerful, before Anakin joined the Order and was almost extinct when he does as Anakin.

My question to you, was Anakin good for the Jedi Order ?

BlueYogurt likes this.
  2. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Was the Jedi order corrupt, or simply incompetent? It's not like Palpatine was paying them off to look the other way, or anything. I mean, when Palpatine managed to improperly extend his term of office, the Jedi quickly put an end to...umm. Well, when he manipulated events in the senate to have them grant him emergency powers, essentially making him a dictator, the Jedi were there to stop...uhh. Anyway, when a complete cloned army, which took a decade to grow and train, just happened to turn up, the Jedi jumped into action and...err. You know, Yoda did own a suspicious amount of prime real estate, on Dagobah.

BlackRanger and Master Endz-One like this.
  3. Master Endz-One

Jun 30, 2017

Even before Palpatine became Supreme Chancellor, the Jedi Order was serving the Senate. You can't serve the greater good, by serving a corrupt government.

4. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Oh, sure you can. If what replaces the corrupt government is a fascist regime, then defending a fading republic is the better option.

BlackRanger likes this.
  5. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    How did he disagree with them? Investigating Padmé’s assassin and spying on Palpatine are all I can think of. And he did agree to spy.

How were they corrupt?

How so?

Depends on which ST you look at. Are you saying the Jedi before did not embrace the balance of the Force?

He did so by wiping out the Sith. Besides, he only helped kill some of the Jedi. Most were killed by their Clone troopers. Anakin's role in killing the Jedi at the temple wasn't crucial for Order 66. It was only crucial that he betray Mace and going to the Temple was crucial for him in embracing the dark side.

The Jedi Order was almost extinct when Anakin joined?

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean was it good he betrayed them so they would need start over? No. That wasn't the only solution. For example, if Anakin had been more in line with the Jedi Way (controlling anger, following his Master's orders) he could've helped stop the war before it started by helping to stop Dooku, and maybe even later stopping Palpatine before his endgame. All while the Jedi learn to be more vigilant and humble and the Senate vows to root out corruption so something like this won't happen again.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  6. Master Endz-One

Jun 30, 2017

Deleted Scene :

https://youtu.be/B-w1SbkpzV8

https://youtu.be/A1kRAd5Krks

https://youtu.be/GaXHDpCe-KI

https://youtu.be/zlTpGavc56w

Audio is from the book Master and Apprentice.
    https://youtu.be/BO0a-ammrH4

These videos are showing an abundance of main characters speaking about the Corruption in the Republic. Anakin clearly disagrees with the council on more than 1 occasion and the Republic.

The Jedi Order had about 10,000 members, when Anakin joined the Order. The Jedi Order was at the height at their power.
    In the last Jedi, Luke spoke of the failures of the Jedi Order, allowing Sidious to rise in power and had a hand in creating Darth Vader. Yoda in a way agreed, by saying failure is our greatest teacher. In a way, Anakin's betrayal caused the remaining Jedi to look within themselves and learn from their mistakes.

By serving the Corrupt Republic, The Jedi Order in ignorance followed the orders of Darth Sidious and helped keep the war going. Becoming generals instead of peace keepers. There's a saying, you can't follow 2 masters, so by following a Corrupt Republic, you can't serve the balance of the force. In the video from the book Master and Apprentice I posted, Qui-Gon felt he couldn't serve the force, if he joined the Jedi Order.

I don't think if Mace Windu killed Palpatine, the Jedi Order would have learned the lessons in victory. It's harder to see mistakes in a successful outcome. I don't think Anakin could change the order as a Jedi, he was undermined many times, while he was in the order. They undermined all his arguments, by pointing out his impulsive behavior, almost never listening to him.

My question was to ask everyone's opinion, I offered 2 sides to the argument. I believe in defeat, the Order was better off and learned from their mistakes. Luke didn't get involved in the New Republic and I don't think Rey will either. We learn more from mistakes

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Anakin's split loyalty between him self and the jedi counsel, ultimately makes him to not to be the ideal jedi. So even putting aside his ultimate betrayal, Anakin's character flaws and split loyalty made him a bad choice for the jedi order. I think this was recognized by the council in TPM when they initially rejected Qui Gon's application to train him.

8. IJjones41

IJjones41 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2021
    I don't know. Maybe . . . maybe not. But I believe the Jedi Order would have fallen even if he had not been a part of it.

9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    They were probably overstaffed so he helped with the downsizing.

10. Darth Vahvistaa

Darth Vahvistaa Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 17, 2022
    Yes, Anakin confronted the dogmatic and diminished status quo of the Jedi Order. He like Qui-Gon challenged the Order to look past their “cradle of power” which was slipping from their grasp.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  11. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Anakin helped the Jedi Order be wiped out and replaced by a tyrant, so no.

12. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Is this question a joke? Anakin helped destroy nearly all the Jedi. Anakin did one good thing, but he caused the death of nearly every Jedi.

Darth__Lobot and Vasco_Rojo like this.
  13. Darth Vahvistaa

Darth Vahvistaa Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 17, 2022
    That was Lord Vader, when Anakin had transformed into a Sith Lord.

14. The Quintessential Jedi

The Quintessential Jedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2022
    He was rebellious and ruled by his emotions so no i think Qui Gon was perfect for the Jedi Order.

15. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Agreed with the above Anakin becomes like a twisted echo of Qui-Gon’s more liberal belief system. Qui-Gon was more open minded and would have been the perfect mentor for Anakin, he was more in tune with the living force than a lot of the more rigid Jedi on the Council but still mostly followed the Jedi code believing it was the best way to compassionately serve the greater good for all sentient life.

Anakin starts out with good intent but ultimately devolves into selfishness.

So no, he wasn’t their answer.