main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny All Aboard the Hype Train to June 2023!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by choccy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I forgot about that, but then I don't watch Temple of Doom that often since it's my least favorite of the Indy films.

2. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Those are a mix of different soldiers, from different eras. I see both Greek (from at least two different time periods), AND Roman helmets. If the boat in the other photo is in fact, a viking longship, we can add them to the mix. My guess is that the boat is Greek, though.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    paradigmes and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It's hard to tell with this boat, I suppose it could be Greek, or Roman.[​IMG]

But this one is 100% Viking.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  4. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    I'm not so sure. I think the boat on the flatbed may be Greek, and the smaller one in the picture with the soldiers could be Roman. I'd expect a viking ship to have the high prow/stern with a figurehead, but they could simply be adding that later on (possibly with CGI).

paradigmes and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  5. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    There's a full-size reproduction of the Argo, that looks an awful lot like that boat on the flatbed. I saw them building it years ago, using traditional methods. I think it's in Crete, now.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    paradigmes likes this.
  6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    May be he is just scared of live snakes?

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    RL Viking longships had removable figureheads; they were usually stowed away at sea and only mounted when there was somebody to see and be impressed by them. I went through a Viking phase, did a lot of research on their ships, and built a scale model of one. The boat on the flatbed trailer is 100% Viking. The overall shape, the decking, the oar holes, all match up, and especially the shape of the big wooden fitting for the mast is distinctively Viking. Also, the rudder mount on the starboard side (the word starboard is derived from steering-board, since their ships always mounted the rudder on the right side).

BlueYogurt likes this.
  8. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    The curved rectangular shields are Roman, and the round ones are Greek. The bronze helmets, and bronze swords are greek. The plot probably revolves around something from the Trojan war, or Greek mythology. The armor of Achilles? The Golden fleece? Maybe Indiana Jones descends into Hades, for some reason.

Sarge likes this.
  9. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    Trying to think of something that would fit for all those time periods, but the viking ship throws me off. Of course, the ships/soldiers may not be directly related to whatever object he's searching for.

Sarge likes this.
  10. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    At the jungle camp when Willie grab the snake thinking it is the elephant trunk and throw it towards Indy "I said cut it out!" - he jump up terrified. [face_laugh]

Also, Indy tip his hat to a snake statue when he first grab the stones in the Temple I think.

Sarge and PCCViking like this.
  11. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    I'm still not really excited for this. I just hope it's better than Indy 4 and Temple of Doom. Still can't get into Temple of Doom all these years later.

12. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Just enjoy the movie, and worry about comparisons after it is released and you watched it. No use worrying about it at this point, is there?

KyleKartan and christophero30 like this.
  13. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    I'm not comparing them. I can't do that since this isn't out yet. I just pointed out how I don't like Crystal Skull and that ruined some of my enjoyment for the next one. Franky I don't think we even need a Indiana Jones 5 but it may be good. I hope it is and I am wrong. Nothing wrong with me saying or feeling I have issues with a few of the others in this franchise.

14. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Indy 5 is made by another author and director then Indy 4.

Frankly I'll never understand the mindset of not liking a previous movie would ruin the next one for me. If its a franchise I dont care about I wouldnt even care if I like or dont like the next one, if its one I care for I just would think positive and give it a fair chance.

christophero30 likes this.
  15. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I really do love the idea of Indy stumbling across an Italian film studio set, though, as some of you have speculated. Having Indy being chased by some baddies only to find him stumbling through an Italian film studio (hence all the historical costumes, etc.) would be pretty funny, and in my kind, quite an "Indy" thing to do.

Sarge and PCCViking like this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    And then a young Clint Eastwood teams up with him.

Sarge, PCCViking and GunganSlayer like this.
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

:p

18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Like the breaking the fourth wall scene in Blazing Saddles?

christophero30 and PCCViking like this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd pay good money to see Harrison Ford "Doing the French Mistake."

Bazinga'd and christophero30 like this.
  20. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
    Anyone got any good news? Things have been quite as of late.

christophero30 likes this.
  21. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    No news is good news? Hard to believe they are finishing up filming soon yet we have to wait a year and a half. Harrison could film another movie or two and put it out before then.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    Jar-Jar Binks and GunganSlayer like this.
  22. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
    You know, I'm curious if there's any more projects Ford has in the pipeline. Like, are there any passion projects he's been trying to do for years? Any filmmakers he's wanted to work with? I've always wanted him to work with Spielberg on a non-Indy movie.

I've always thought it'd be cool if he'd be in some sort of old fashion aviation adventure movie, since flying is such a passion of his. Something akin to Howard Hawks' Only Angles Have Wings, or even the 1980s Indy-knock off High Road to China.

23. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I know Tommy Lee Jones just stepped into a role Ford was going to do but he had to keep filming Indy 5.

GunganSlayer likes this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd love it if somebody made High Road to China into a movie based on the book, not the Tom Selleck movie. I like that movie well enough, but there are mountains of great stuff in the book that would look amazing on the big screen. Peter Jackson has the airplane collection to make it happen and make it look incredible.

GunganSlayer likes this.
  25. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    How about a remake of Telve O'Clock High or Strategic Air Command. Ford would fit the roles of Greggory Peck and BGen Jimmy Stewart pretty well.

Sarge likes this.