main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Congratulations @devilinthedetails and @Mira_Jade! Awesome stories and well-deserved wins, both of you! =D=[:D]

A round of applause for all of the other participants as well, all of the stories were fantastic! And many thanks once again to our amazing host @Captain Rakkaus for these wonderful and creative challenges. :)[:D]

2. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats devilinthedetails and Mira_Jade! They were great prompts.

And can I have 7?

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Okay, I´m choosing the german song "Marsch der Verdammten" (March of the Damned) by Karl Sternau.
    And I chose number 11 in hopes its something doable. [face_nail_biting]

Kahara, Findswoman , pronker and 2 others like this.
  5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    The last month has disappeared in a haze. Congrats [mention]Mira_Jade [/mention] and [mention]devilinthedetails [/mention]!!!

I’m going to try for this months even though I’ve repeatedly told myself no lore challenge until one of my two long fics is finished.

Blergh. That’s not going to happen for ages!

So [mention]Captain Rakkaus [/mention] May I please hav number 14 for Mr Blue Sky by E.L.O

Kahara, Findswoman , pronker and 2 others like this.
  6. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Right? Literally feels like we blinked and September - this whole year, really - was gone.

Anyway, back on topic. :p After much thought and indecisiveness I decided to go with the song that came to mind first.

May I have #3, using "Right Time of the Night" by Jennifer Warnes? Thanks so much! :)

7. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Thank you all so much! :) And now, more prompts to hand out:
    Ah, so, first, please choose the song you want to use as a prompt, and then I'll hand you #7. :)

Great, I've got you in my list! For #11, you receive Constant Interruptions.

Yes, absolutely, and great to have you on board! For #14, you receive Third Wheel / Tag-Along.

Yes, of course, and great to have you, too! For #3, you receive Awkward Encounter.

And I think I've gotten everyone who's signed up so far, now—please double check the index to make sure things look right, and as always, feel free to ask any questions! This is going to be super fun, and I can't wait to see what will come out of these combinations! :cool:

Kahara, amidalachick, pronker and 2 others like this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    May it be from Enya is my song

9. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great, thanks! I've got it written down. :) And here is #7: In the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time.

10. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Okay, should be able to work with that.

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    So, when I first considered my prompts with my usual SW OTPs in mind, I had no idea what to write. Then a NSW plot bunny came along and spilled all the words in an unabashedly fluffy vignette of somewhat epic proportions. You gotta love muses, right? :p

That said, I am all too happy to share All Fools in Love, featuring Elinor Dashwood/Edward Ferrars of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. With a hearty dose of Marianne Dashwood/Colonel Brandon on the side, but they are still rather stuck in pre-OTP denial. Shhh, I already know that I'm a sap. You don't have to tell me. [face_mischief]

As always, I have to extend a thousand thanks to our hostess for posing yet another fantastic challenge! I can't wait to see what entries are inspired next! [face_dancing] [face_love] [:D]

amidalachick, Kahara, pronker and 3 others like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  13. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Yay, got them both in the index! Our first two—can't wait to see what else the next few weeks will bring! :)

14. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again, with a one-month warning—stories are due in exactly one month, on November 23! :)

15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
  16. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
  19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent! Two more awesome submissions—got them in the challenge list now! Thanks so much! :)

@earlybird-obi-wan just a question for clarification: is there a romantic pairing in your story as well, or is the focus mainly on the friendship between Kyp and Corran?

QUICK EDIT: Also, just to let you know, there are now two (2) weeks left in challenge #22, with stories due November 23! :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Where do I find the actual challenge #22 please?

EDIT
    Ignore me, I found it and have sent questions. ;) Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  21. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    I think I'm going to have to bow out of this one @Captain Rakkaus :oops: If you want to take me off the list so that someone else can have my spot, please feel free! ;)

amidalachick and Mira_Jade like this.
  22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    This was like 95% finished before my muse decided to cooperate with my original idea, but since this one was practically finished, I decided to just finish and post it as an out-of-competition entry.

Left Behind was inspired by the same prompts as my other entry, but its SW with an OC/OC pairing (Pan/Teilo)

23. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    No worries, Viari, I totally understand how things can go! @};- It’s completely up to you whether you want to be taken off the list; given the relative proximity of the due date, I’m not sure how many new takers we’re likely to get. Let me know how you would like to proceed.
    Excellent, thanks so much! I’ve got it listed in a new “Ad-Hoc” category. :)

24. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again, announcing that OTP Challenge #22 has just one week left! Stories are due November 23, after which voting will begin!

amidalachick and pronker like this.
  25. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now just three (3) days left! Getting down to the wire! :D