main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Black cats are the best! I am totally not biased at all :p

I FOUND A COUCH! WOOOOO! I wasn't confident at all, but I came across pretty much exactly what I wanted, the size I wanted, colour, comfortable, and in the price range I wanted to pay (wanted something nice but not crazy ridiculous). Even got a matching ottoman (it's smaller but I like it, and I could eventually get a coffee table too). So I bought it. The delivery crew had a free afternoon so my sister's boyfriend was like, lets do this now!!! So yeah, it was a hectic hour but I have new couch is sitting in my living room! It's so much smaller (and waaaaay more comfortable) than my sectional. I love the idea of having a sectional... unfortunately I just don't have the room or the need for it.

...Unfortunately my old sectional is still here too - the two parts are taken apart and kinda half in my kitchen and we chucked the ottoman in my office. But I put it online for super cheap and someone is coming by tomorrow morning to hopefully buy it (and if it's not gone by tomorrow night, I'm just going to find someone to haul it away).

I also took advantage of having able-bodied help and got my sister to trim my cats' claws and to clean up my mohawk (her boyfriend needed his done too so 2 birds; one stone).

So, yeah feeling super accomplished (I did my car insurance yesterday)! And ready to not have to deal with anyone.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Currently sitting in a tent in 40°F temperatures because I thought a night off from classes with campus recreation would be fun, but I'm wearing four layers and freezing. About to climb into a winter sleeping bag and try to survive the night. :p

In the morning, it will be my 11-year boardversary. :D[face_party]

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Home from the Carribean with so many hilarious memories and a curiosity as to how I lost weight on a cruise where I just ate too much on some days.

Chyntuck and amidalachick like this.
  4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I survived. :p The sleeping bag was nice and warm, but it was slightly below freezing when dawn broke. I'm always up at the crack of dawn when camping, so I about froze my butt off trying to tear down the tent. I was running over to the fire to warm up every two to three minutes because I completely failed to bring gloves and a hat. 8-}

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Caribbean vacation? So jealous. International travel is still looking a long ways off, but my sister and I were fantasizing about a Scandinavian trip yesterday.

Wooo hooo on surviving JC! I know I need to be EXTREMELY motivated to camp past October 1 and I don't think I could do it into November!

My big, uncomfortable sectional is gone from the middle of my kitchen/living room so that's nice. There are few things I hate more than dealing with selling things on Facebook... and one of them is moving big furniture out of and into my condo! But it's done! I was going to spend a bit of today cleaning up, but after the stress and the anxiety of the past few days, I think I'm just going to throw a load of laundry in, then sit back and enjoy my new couch and all the space I now have!

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    The cruise required vaccination proof, negative tests, hand washing and sanitization at every entry and exit to everything and obeyed the country’s laws on Covid restrictions. There were even separate areas for vaccinated people to enjoy the pool deck and we had wristbands to distinguish us. (The only unvaccinated in our party was 6. He got vaccinated today!) And there was 1/3 capacity.

Chyntuck, amidalachick and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    They are characters. They are always wrestling with each other and playing. The black cat can sometimes be a jerk. He will eat all of his snacky-snacks and then run over and eat everybody else's. The orange kitten does dumb stuff like miscalculating a jump and end up falling on his head. Because one is a bit of a jerk and one a little dumb we decided to call the orange cat Fry and the black cat Bender from Futurama.

8. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Someday when he grows up, he will learn how to be an even greater jerk like my cat is: first you eat everybody else's snacky-snacks just to tick them off and then you go back to eat your own and the other cats watch sadly :D

9. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    [face_laugh] I love that so much! Awesome names! :D

Chyntuck likes this.
  10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh] Sounds like my tuxie. She'll gobble down all her treats then start hoovering my all-black cat's treats.

Last night the little jerk destroyed my lamp. It was a $10 paper lantern IKEA thing I stole from my sister's donation pile so I don't care but it was a perfect illustration of why I cant buy nice stuff.

I put in for a week off in January. Hopefully I'll get it and I can't see why I won't. I don't care if I can't do anything fun or go anywhere, I just need a break from work and I know my nerves will be absolutely fried after not getting any holiday time off and this fundraiser on New Year's Day.

Tomorrow is a stat holiday but I've decided just to work (from home), 1, so I can focus without having to deal with my slightly annoying co-worker, and 2, to give myself another long weekend :p

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My company is doing our awards ceremony today and since we're having to do it virtually I'm sitting on my exercise ball with leggings and slippers, and then a blazer and blouse on top. It's cracking me up wondering who else it business on top and casual on the bottom. They also rubbed it in that we would have been going to Palm Springs this year had we actually had our normal sales meeting. So instead of a week in a warm, sunny place they give us half a day off after this. :rolleyes: (I do think canceling the meeting was the right thing to do, but they should at least give us some other kind of reward or appreciation since they are saving millions on not having the meeting in person.)

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Probably more than you think. I did several job interviews with a suit coat, dress shirt, tie, pajama bottoms, and bare feet. Just don't stand up in front of the camera. :p

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I dont think I've done the "formal on top, jammies on the bottom" for a zoom meeting. But I also work for a place where no one would bat an eye at me showing up in sweatpants in person sooooo.... I once did a zoom work meeting from my adjustable bed (I had really hurt my back) and no one cared. But yeah, it probably happens a lot. I totally would if ever needed.

But I did do the last AGM kinda from my bean bag chair. Definitely not something I would do in person, but I didn't have to have my camera on, nor was I allowed to have any input as an employee... so it was 2 hours of pointlessness (and my co-workers and I texting gifs to each other).

But that sucks that you didn't get anything for not going to Palm Springs.

I've got a 4 day weekend and nothing to do and I am so happy! Condo is relatively tidy, and I'm even all caught up on laundry. Unfortunately, I do have to go out today for cat food. They recalled the food I normally give them back in September. I found a replacement both cats liked (one of my cats will eat anything so it wasn't hard) and didn't upset their digestive systems. But I ordered groceries last night and they subbed in that cat food for a different brand and I don't know how I feel about changing up their food AGAIN.

I might get some baking supplies while I'm out and make some cookies

14. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Wow, that's brave. I always dress formally during a virtual interview because
    1) it sets me in the right mindset whereas wearing pajama bottoms would not (I also wear shoes) and
    2) I can stand up and say "LOOK I HAVE PANTS" and this always impresses them :p

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I got my Pfizer booster yesterday and am very tired today and have a sore arm, but am otherwise okay.

Chyntuck, amidalachick and gizkaspice like this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    or have a mirror behind you that the camera can see

17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I did all of my virtual interviews with a plain white featureless wall directly behind me.

Chyntuck likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    So the main highway connecting this area to the nearest shipping hub (Vancouver) was completely washed out last night. They are saying trying to get anything shipped here is now going to be a nightmare (as if it wasn't already between the global shipping issues; pandemic, holiday shopping). I thankfully bought my usual 3 month supply of medical supplies last week so I am all stocked up. I try to buy Canadian-made stuff but even getting that will likely take awhile.

Fun times ahead [/sarcasm].

19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Today has been a lazy day. I had an 8am group meeting about my capstone project and a 2pm online class, with lunch and a quick visit to the grocery store to find that they finally had gallon jugs of spring water back in stock (I bought 10, which will last me about 3 to 4 weeks). I had resorted on my last trip to buying a case of the stuff in individual bottles, which I hate because of the plastic waste, but it was the only way to get spring water and I had only half a gallon left before breaking into my 2.5-gallon emergency jug that's a pain in the *** to use.

But it's lazy because my independent study advisor cancelled our weekly meeting due to an emergency on his end, so I had no reason to venture onto campus except to grab dinner, and otherwise I've been lounging at home in my pajamas when I should be doing homework. I really, really should be doing homework, but the assignment's not due for another week. But it's a BIG assignment. But I just don't wanna.

The closer I get to graduation, the less motivation I have. It's the ultimate burnout at the worst time. Yay. [face_plain]

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I totally get the burnout. It was fairly strong the last semester of my undergrad. I just did not care.

I'm kinda feeling the burnout right now. Despite my 4 day weekend, I just really did not want to get up - and it didn't help that I had to deal with a low blood sugar last night. Then, when I finally got up and got into the office, I received some really sad news from my brother: a family friend had died. I had known him since I was a kid and IDK, just felt like I was going through the motions today and the news just added to the feeling.

People are now comparing the province to Jumanji. Roads are washed out and Vancouver is now completely cut off. I know people who are stranded in small communities until one of the routes open up. The town where I was born is underwater. I'm fine but there are already food and other shortages from idiotic people panic buying (like seriously, there are still routes from the east and north, we are going to be fine). My sister had to go searching for her medication because places were sold out (thankfully she found a place that still had it in stock).

So, yeah, the burnout is strong.

I THANKFULLY got the week off I asked for in January. I have no idea what I am going to do - besides sleep.

Chyntuck, amidalachick and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Only a matter of time before things disappear from shelves again and it's going to be like 2020 again!

EDIT: too late. :p

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Toilet paper is already limited to one package per person again at my local grocery store. Some other things also have purchase limits in place.

23. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Eggs and milk disappeared here because cows and chickens do not exist anywhere else I guess.

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    So my doctor wants me to work from home from here on out in my pregnancy but my job really isn't one that can be done from home. I still waiting to hear from HR how this is going to work out. People around me keep saying that I basically worked from home for 6 months at the beginning of the pandemic, which is true but that's because hospitals wouldn't let us come in. I guarantee you if they had, my company would have expected us to go.

It might not be something you are interested in/might not work for you depending on your water, but Brita does make large fridge filtered water dispensers (like this one). It's often cheaper to do that than buying even large water bottles and it's easier than lugging water home from the store. Even though NYC is considered some of the best water, we still do that if only because it keeps it colder.

I'm so sorry about your friend. :( *hugs*
    And oh boy, people panic buy at the drop of a hat! It's certainly not a good thing that the roads got washed out (and I hope people were okay, that's so dangerous when it's happening!) but it sounds like it's not panic worthy, just inconvenient.

That always cracks me up! Where I grew up we got blizzards quite frequently and the power might be out for days, maybe even weeks if you lived in a really rural area. Any time they'd predict snow, people would buy out the bread, milk, and eggs. Nothing else as far as I could ever tell, just those things. My mom would always keep around 3-4 days worth of emergency supplies (canned goods, water, etc.) and we'd be good to go if need be, no panic buying necessary. We'd still use some of the things throughout the year so it wouldn't go bad and she'd just replace as necessary

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh no. I hope HR is reasonable. That is a very legitimate reason to need to work from home.

Yeah, it would be totally fine IF people didn't panic buy. There is also routes from the south that are fine, it just means getting a COVID test and crossing into the US. I'm sure if things get dire (which they wont - one of the routes is expected to be open by the weekend) the government will come up with some sort of deal with the US.

Exactly, Where I grew up - even where I live now - blizzards or other road conditions can shut everything down, Sure it might mean some creative meals for a few days using canned goods and whatever is in the freezer - and not having fresh produce can suck - but it's also not going to kill anyone to make up a pot of vegetarian chilli using random cans.

I'm just having one of those days where I just dont want to work.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021