main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics DARK Horse getting Star Wars comics again!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PimpBacca, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's an interesting Q but the answer is likely to be none. DHC issued trades of Marvel's run, Marvel has done the same now. Though, at the rate they're issuing omnibuses that well will run dry 2023 I think.
    I'm more thinking in terms of trades - volume 1 or volume 4 or a new title entirely?
    Wonder how that will be collected, together or apart?

2. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah this isn't really all that big of deal. Dark Horse won't be publishing new legends material.

All that is happening is IDW is losing the license and Dark Horse is gaining it.

3. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Well, Quinlan Vos is an established canon character, so he could have always potentially showed up in SWA, and probably holds an equal potential of appearing in whatever DH's successor to SWA ends up being. As far as Zayne Carrick goes, canon hasn't really opened up the era and storyline he's primarily identified with, and I doubt an all-ages comic will be the one to open it, so that might be a down-the-road-if-at-all type of thing.

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  4. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    DARK HORSE IS BACK and does canon SW [face_party]^:)^

So like Marvel does with their characters from Legends, DH can now pull Legends characters over from their old lines and make them a cameo or recurring canon counterpart!!!!!!! Who is most likely to fit the bill and get approved, eh?

And if that is not enough, like Marvel did once, maybe Dark Horse can continue Legends comics and give them some closure at least as a oneshot celebration special or whatever every few years? If not fully kickstarting a paralell Legends line some day!

Nom von Anor, Golbolco and spicer like this.
  5. continue Dawn of the Jedi

6. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    non we are doing canon stuff - dark horse comics 2022

swear every page of this thread is going to have to have the disclaimer no this doesn't mean there going to do any legends stuff . no continuing lose plots or reviving old legends titles . we only have the all ages comic licence so think what idw was doing before us nothing else changed

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Riv_Shiel likes this.
  7. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001

8. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Yeah, should be an interesting compare and contrast against both contemporary Marvel and EU Dark Horse.

I could trust Stradley to push back on overt OT riffing.

Golbolco likes this.
  9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I've been hoping for this day to come since Dark Horse - unfairly IMO - lost the license back in 2014. As the years went by, I lost hope this would ever happen. But, I'm glad I was proven wrong!

Sad to see IDW lose the license though, I enjoyed the comics I've read from them. It would've been nice to have 3 publishers work on Star Wars comics (Marvel, Dark Horse and IDW). Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

When it comes to old characters appearing in the new Dark Horse comics like Jaxxon did in IDW, I have a hat to throw in the ring - K'Kruhk.

10. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    what's idw?

11. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    https://www.idwpublishing.com

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    hey IDW brought back Jaxxon, I'm sure somewhere in Dark Horse's new run they will bring in Dark Empire. I mean, we got a sorta adaptation of it with Rise of Skywalker anyway.

13. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    To be honest though I am a little surprised Darkhorse did this (I am sure they had to put up an impressive bid to get it) just for the all ages line. I know for myself I try to get as much as I can and even I didn't bother with the adventure comics until High Republic started.
    And they will also be second fiddle to what Marvel does.

14. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Love the fact that Dark Horse is back. I always thought that had a better handle on Star Wars than Marvel even though the latter has produced some good stuff. I'm interested to see their stories in the High Republic era.

WMIRTUTSF likes this.
  15. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    It will likely just be what has already been planned. The same writer who was doing the high republic adventures comic will probably just be working under a Darkhorse contract now.

16. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    I'm sure Older will continue to do The High Republic Adventures (or whatever the series will be called now that it's at Dark Horse), but there's also going to be an anthology as well as "one-shots and specials" according to Mike Richardson in the StarWars.com article, so presumably it'll be quite a different line from what IDW was offering.

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm excited to this happen. I always liked Dark Horse and they did an amazing job with the line. It was only fitting that they get this back. I like what IDW did but Dark Horse is the place it needed to be.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This will be a Day long remembered.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Idk if it’s because you’re a younger guy (no judgment there I started posting here when I was 14) but you should REALLLLLYYYYYYYYY dive into dark horse Star Wars because just thinking about it gives me the warm fuzzies and oh god I’m starting to sound like my boomer parents about 90’s Star Wars

Dark Empire, Crimson Empire, Republic, Empire, like everyone always talks about stuff like KOTOR and Thrawn when dealing with Legends but Dark Horse to me was sort of the heart and soul of the EU when you have stuff like Kir Kanos and Dark Empire

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  20. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    This guy is the most knowledgeable about what's being planned:

"The idea is to build up a Star Wars program that includes an on-going series as well as an anthology," Dark Horse Comics founder and CEO Mike Richardson said. "Mixed in would be one-shots and specials.

And this quote:
    " I am thrilled that Dark Horse will once again bring new stories to life from this incredible galaxy and I’m not exaggerating when I say we can't wait to bring these new adventures to fans of every age." -- Mike Richardson, Dark Horse Comics Founder and CEO

He used the word "adventures." :cool:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  21. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I see you’re now acquainted with 2Cleva.

22. QuinlanSolo

QuinlanSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2019
  23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    No, I know that is not happening but what I can say is that Dark Horse run will be much different than IDW's. Not taking anything away from IDW but Dark Horse knew how to run the line and under the new canon I see no reason why they are not going to carve out there niche. Marvel does their thing but make no mistake that Dark Horse will do there's and they will be good.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

yeah cuz in the legends days there were pretty much free reign

Dark Horse now is going to have to follow the same rules and regulations all modern Star Wars stories have to follow

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    No, they didn't have free reign and the rules are unlikely to have changed much, especially as new canon has reincarnated the sins of the old.

Riv_Shiel, QuinlanSolo and Golbolco like this.