main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The usefulness of Aftermath is that the flashbacks can be set after Endor, with the current day stuff after Dark Empire.

As to the sarlacc, I would say he didn’t fall in again; he had a spare suit in Legends but left behind his fathers armour. Later he went to reclaim it. We can take it that it was on Tatooine for some years (if you wish to).

Golbolco likes this.
  2. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    I've been thinking a lot about this one myself, and I don't really abide by it because it seems weird that Fett would just spend so much time waiting to get his father's armor. (That's a problem I have with the Canon already, but One Canon just makes that waiting period longer. Hopefully BOBF will give insight.)

Is it possible that per The Bounty Hunter Wars, Dengar did indeed rescue someone he believed was Boba Fett from the Sarlacc, but actually it wasn't?

It's actually pretty convenient that Fett has so many imposters/imitators built into his story. Save for Dark Empire, you can take the pre-BOBF storylines and either move them up in the timeline or slot in Jodo Kast, Ailyn, or Spar (or some other clone) when convenient. I don't think any of these characters could replace Fett in The Bounty Hunter Wars save for Spar, and I don't think any of them could replace Fett in Dark Empire save for maaaybe Ailyn?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    If IG88 can have several spare bodies, so can Boba Fett! Remember how Jango used clone kids like Boba's "brothers" for bait and sacrificed some to get a bounty in pre-AOTC times? If coldblooded like his father, Boba might do just the same to clones of himself. Set them up and then fool them into dying in his place without telling them before it is too late.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Honestly, I just think it's funnier to imagine Boba Fett falling into the sarlacc pit three times. There's something about Boba Fett being that unlucky which amuses me.

5. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    At least make one falling in not him but Cobb Vanth wearing his armor... even funnier then!

6. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    So how is IG-88 handled in the One Canon? How are the differences between the Legends version and the Canon version reconciled?

7. QuinlanSolo

QuinlanSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2019
    Well, already in "Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88," he was uploading his files/consciousness to new host bodies, so perhaps one copy infiltrated the DSII in 4 ABY while another survived to meet up with Bazine Netal in 34 ABY.

(There may well be other Legends/Canon conflicts on this, but I'm not well-versed enough in IG-88 lore to be sure.)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    Daneira likes this.
  8. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    I like the idea that IG-88 has effectively become a virus on the IG-series hardware. Not familiar with the exact details that need reconciliation, but I'm sure it can be dealt with.

Daneira likes this.
  9. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    This makes me want IG88 uploading himself into Valance at one point and becoming... a droid-human hybrid.

Golbolco likes this.
  10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Some OneCanon syngergy between Legends and Canon involving Pirates:

The Underworld in the GFFA always played a huge part. How do timelinewise and storywise Legends Smugglers Alliance under Karrde and Mara coexist with Maz Kanatas pirate queendom and the Sovereign Latitudes Pirate nation, etc.? There sure is no contradiction and room for everyone, but I was speculating about any crossover story potential for Onecanon fans.

Did the Sovereign Latitudes join the Smugglers Alliance at some point?
    How might Maz and Karrde get along?

Aside from all the cartels and darker criminal underworld of the GFFA with Black Sun, drugs, slaves and else, there seems to be also a "honor among thieves" type of criminals with morals like Han Solo and others, with some of them banding together in Smugglers Alliance.

Or was the Smugglers Alliance only a politically sanctioned way to get criminals to go legit under the guise of keeping their freedom with just a few concessions to the state? The Legends NR keeping their heroes of the galactic leadership elite in cahoots with criminals all the time must have made quite some press to the point of a lot of it being either tolerated or legal consequences being that political immunity stretched to blow or NR laws breaking down due to lack of enacting them. I can see some Bothans just dying from burocratic annoyance over this in the Organa administration. Seems the NR turns a blind eye to a lot or even pays the criminals whenever it suits it. But that was the Organa-monarchy more so than the senate learning of all of it.

11. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    You know, moving Shattered Empire to after Dark Empire does make a few things interesting...

Like Poe's age. Wouldn't he be ten years old when his family settled on Yavin 4 instead of two or three years old like in Canon? Since Poe is mentioned in the ongoing Marvel comics, he has to be born between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. That can't be moved.

I'm not actually complaining about this, because if anything I think it adds to the story. In Canon, Poe rarely saw his parents as an infant until they left Rebel service to reunite with him. By moving up Shattered Empire, you extend how long Shara and Kes were separated from Poe which highlights what they had to personally sacrifice by fighting for the Rebellion... a fight that we know they later feared was all for nothing because the weaknesses of the New Republic allowed the rise of the First Order. They gave up time they could have spent raising their son to defeat an enemy that would eventually rise up again anyway. That's already tragic, but even more so if you move Shattered Empire up.

Also, does this mean that the Dameron family were on Yavin 4 during Luke's attempts to rebuild the Jedi Order and everything that went down because of that?

Golbolco likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bingo.

It’s really good fun, what it adds to Poe.

13. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Since I don't think we ever learned how Shara Bey died, I can't help but wonder if Daala's assault on Yavin 4 could have been a factor...

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Or Hethrir’s, or that random Nightsister, or the Second Imperium.

I assume Poe leaves Yavin 4 before the Vong attack, mind you.

15. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    I assume so as well, since doesn't "Free Fall" take place in 18 ABY?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I guess it depends on whether it gets nudged along or stays in 18 ABY. As long as it’s pre-Conquest no harm.

17. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    I feel like it should stay 18 ABY or around that point because to me it makes more sense for Poe to be a teenager when he runs away from home to join the spice runners and as I pointed out he still has to be born before The Empire Strikes Back.

Sinrebirth and Golbolco like this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I agree yup.

19. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    I do wonder what Poe was up to in the One Canon during the more than twenty years between Free Fall and The Force Awakens. Particularly during the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion...

20. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    Do we know when he enlisted in the Navy? Maybe he begun his career during the Invasion of Yavin.

21. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Well one does wonder if the colony was established in the Lost City of the Jedi actually along with some other nearby Massassi ruins? Maybe Ken(th) Palpatine Hammner was once the Mayor.

Also, I, Jedi's notion of Corran and the boys wishing for a bar on Yavin IV is funny given halfway around the globe is one in the colony and Luke probably forbade them to go there... which they ignored I bet.

I hope canon uses Old Peckhum and the Lightning Rod to resupply the colony settlement like he does with the Jedi Academy!

22. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    How is Dooku's backstory handled in the One Canon?

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I was about to say that strangely more or less i would assume quite nicely but the only real difference would be to reconcile when he left the Council.

In Canon it seemed he left waaaay earlier then Phantom Menace compared to legends when it was after Phantom Menace.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Legends made mention that he had threatened to leave before, so I took it that he flip-flopped. His actual departure was finalised by 32 BBY in my eyes - when Sidious sinks his claws in.

25. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Something else I'm wondering... is there like an outline for how the events of Rogue One fit into the Legends explanation for how the Death Star plans were stolen? I know that the Battle of Scarif happened alongside the Rebel Alliance's efforts at Danuta and Toprawa, but I'm still curious about the specifics.

Sinrebirth likes this.