main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Thrawn BBQs them.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Filoni specifically mentioned Rian as being a major contribution for helping him make the leap into live-action production, so I certainly wouldn't be surprised to learn he contacted Rian Johnson to direct an episode for his Ahsoka series.

4. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Nice, good to see her being played by asian.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I have to admit, I also want a team up of Ezra and Thrawn in the Unknown Regions against some threat there as Thrawn's seventh fleet has a BSG style journey back to the known galaxy.

....though since I doubt Ezra would ever approve of what Thrawn's doods were up to in the Mandalorian, I kind of want for it to end with a betrayal and Ezra captured.

But I suppose there is no point in speculating on such things until we actually see Thrawn and Ezra again.

Ah, cool. I really looking forward to seeing Sabine again and the casting choice looks fitting.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Now we only need confrimation off Ezra and Thrawn's casting.

8. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    That one leaker half threw cold water on that rumour. At least on the Ezra part.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Wasen't it only one thing that was wrong, has sabine was rumored to be played by 3 other actresses.

10. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    He said some casting news is correct and some wasn’t. And then in a later video dismissed the LRM article saying that none of his sources had ever heard of “the Aladdin actor” for the part and from his understanding the role hadn’t been cast yet.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    ok, as long as Thrawn is the voice actor. But Ezra's will probarly be someone who looks like an middle eastern, so far their casting been spot on.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That would indeed be impressive casting.

13. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Filoni backed himself into a corner when he cast Mikkelsen in Rebels. The voice has become so iconic and associated with the character that it’ll be weird if they go another route.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Lars Mikkelsen is the only Thrawn, there is. Even audio books try to sound like his rebels version. He has the voice and cheeckbones for it. I wonder if Ahsoka will be his first appearance and they wait until Andor season 2 for his time in the empire. Will they only show Trawn in white unifrom in live action or would they also show him in grey uniform like in the comic.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    Vialco likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    There is SW precedent for splitting roles out thus:

Non-speaking role, tall height required, plus dark hair, cannot be fat.

Mikkelson does the voice work.

Ramza likes this.
  16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    “Must like wearing blue paint. No, seriously, a lot of blue paint. And painful red contacts. ‘Could the contacts simply not hurt?’ No. No they could not.”

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    BigAl6ft6, Sarge and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    IT worked for Maul but he was only a cameo in Solo, they could have used ashley's voice for Ahsoka, but they didnt. I think either it Will all be Lars Mikkelsen like Katee with Bo katan or it Will be a recast. I hope Lars Mikkelsen rumor leak is true.

18. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Had to be, she is clearly supposed to have be Asian in Rebels
    I don't know if *that* many people are familiar enough with Rebels for it to be that iconic. Way more people would have watched the Mandalorian and will watch the other Live action shows. Still agree that he would be a great casting choice though

AusStig and Iron_lord like this.
  19. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Timothy Zahn dislikes this post

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if Sabine will appear in Mandalorian season 3 first as we get first glimpse or in Ahsoka and slowly build her up to the Mandalorians story.

21. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Iconic within the context of Thrawn himself as a character and his place in the franchise fandom. I’m not suggesting that the general audience has seen Rebels or even knows who or what a Thrawn might be.

But I think if someone’s familiar with the character they’ve probably seen at least some of Rebels. Lucasfilm certainly made a big enough deal about back in 2016.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Also, remember we're in the world of streaming, far easier access to all the TV /film material.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

While I don't think Thrawn is a household name like Luke and Vader where pretty much EVERYONE has at least heard of of them I think Thrawn is notorious enough in a bigger circle as sorta the titular non movie Villain.

24. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Let me ask you this, what do you think would get a bigger reaction from the casual viewer, Thrawn first appearance in Ahsoka, or a Snoke cameo? Because I think the latter would be a bigger deal for most non-forum going viewers.

Sarge and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Probably, granted I honestly think Snoke might get some too given he's a movie character.