main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Hawkeye, Introducing Kate Bishop and Pizza Dog

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He’s coming. You can literally feel his presence in the episodes. :D

Of course I’m talking about Mephisto. :p Jk.

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The best thing about episode one is it's actually inevitable that "Rogers: the Musical" will eventually make it to Broadway. Also the actor who plays Hawkeye's son looks like a clone of Kyle Rittenhouse.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Really enjoyed it.
    ”I fought Thanos.” ^:)^[face_laugh]^:)^

Hailee was just as delightfully annoying as I remember. Jeremy was great...and I like the mystery set up.

Annnd Echo! Cannot wait to see more of Alaqua.=D=

Love that techno music that leads into the episode 2 credits too.

Also, I adore the credit sequence animation as it pays awesome homage to David Aja and his graphic design eye.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Cool pair of episodes bro.

You see the inspired title sequence aesthetic bro? Pure Aja bro.

Pizza dog, that is all bro.

Hearing aid Hawkeye bro.

5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Really fun first two episodes.

Under that is more of phase four content being about the fallout from the previous three phases of the MCU and how these stories now cross generations. The younger characters grew up as kids in the fictional universe and their world view is shaped by it.

At the same time that fictional history can be a stand in for events from our real world. It allows the MCU to deal with the cultural effects of real events without delving into actual politics and reality.

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Seriously think
    Elenor is hiding something major…maybe ties to The Hand (She runs a security firm), maybe something else, but I think Echo is on Elenor’s payroll. Think Elenor had or killed Jack’s father Amand and planted the monogrammed Butter Scotch on Jack.

Really hope that techno track is available next week. The “Save Our City” song from Rogers The Musicial is already available.

Also, Jack’s
    molotov cocktail line is [face_laugh]

7. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I enjoyed those first two episodes. I was going in expecting another Falcon and Winter soldier but it was genuinely enjoyable

Loki - Great from episode 1 and got better
    Hawkeye - Good first episode, better second episode - interested to see where it goes
    Wandavision - Loathsome first couple of episodes and so glad they dropped the first three as had they not I wouldn't have watched 3 and thats where it picked up
    What if - Good first episode but hit and miss series
    Falcon and Winter soldier - just not good at all

8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I agree that the second episode of Hawkeye was the better of the two so far. I realize they need to set up Kate and did quite well with her, but I am eager for what comes next.

Interestingly, with the exception of The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, the villains are the most interesting characters in the previously aired D+ series IMO.

Hawkeye is hinting at some serious scum and villainy and I’m there for that reveal. I liked the mix of humor and seriousness and the duplicity almost every lead character is hiding…

Hoping for a
    new Clint Ronin flashback and I cannot wait for more Echo.

9. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I've enjoyed it so far.

I don't know if everyone is aware, but in the comics, Jack...
    (or Jacques) was Hawkeye's mentor, known as the Swordsman. I'll be interested to see if they keep that connection, and if they go full hero/villain with him.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I have the same thoughts. A little unsure about the third point, but definitely the first two.

I mean, I hope for Kate’s sake that
    her mom, who raised her, isn’t some murderous husband-backstabbing mafia queen

…but they are definitely leaving those hints, since the fiancé is way too obvious.

The other option is she’s marrying him for the money she thinks he has, and he was marrying her for the money he thinks she has. And she owes favors and debts to people from bad decisions she’s made.

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Did anyone else notice that Kate destroyed Stane Tower? As in, Obadiah Stane from Iron Man. Wonder if that means anything.

The musical was as gloriously awful as I expected, maybe worse than Loki's stage play in Asgard.

Speaking of gloriously awful, the fight choreography for the LARPers was perfect.

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    No, I didn’t notice that, but I was surprised that Trevor Slattery turned up in Shang Chi. I had wondered if there might be an Iron Man call back in that movie, given the title, but I sure wasn’t expecting that one. Maybe there’s a connection between the bell tower and the watch? I have no idea what it might be though.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Do we know what that watch is, by the way? I couldn't remember...

Jedi Merkurian , Master_Lok and Sarge like this.
  14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I’ve read that Stane Tower
    is just a nod to Hailee’s first role in True Grit alongside Jeff Bridges

I think
    Stane Tower was simply a nod to Hailee’s film debut in True Grit with Jeff Bridges. So her destroying the Tower named after Jeff’s MCU villain was cute.

And in my sleep deprived stare missed that @Ghost and @nilzo antonio were spitballing the same theories about Eleanor sooooo…

I can only wonder why Clint was drinking from a mug that says Thanos Was Right…though. Maybe it was the only clean mug available…

Sarge likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Given that Renner himself has said that Clint's past as Ronin would be touched on in this series, I'm better there's an even chance of that.

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Speculation:

That Jack is so obviously shady means that he's probably not actually shady.

17. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Rogers the Musical - brilliant!

Sarge and JEDI-RISING like this.
  18. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    seems like most are saying it's mislabled and is more the Kate Bishop Show. i would like a couple more than 6 episodes.

19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Actually, Kate will be Hawkeye so it’s not mislabeled. They have to set her character up, and while I’d love more with Clint
    especially Ronin
    , I do not mind. I think we will get more of Jeremy’s Hawkeye too.

20. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    One interesting point is
    This Jack Duquesne character is based in the comics Jacques Dusquene, the SWORDSMAN, who in the Hawkeye lore was Clint's mentor and the person who make him take interest in archery to begin with.
    So, it could be some "plot twist" that he knows and works with Clint ( hence why he took Ronin's katana to avoid that anyone could link it with Clint)
    Let's wait and see. Only the tip of the iceberg was shown in these 2 episodes.

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Then those people don't realise that it is being faithful to the source material

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Hawkeye crew are claiming Jack is
    not Clint’s mentor in the series. I do like your idea about Jack taking Ronin’s sword.

23. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    I'm all for a Rogers The Musical on Disney Plus, especially green tshirt hulk

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  24. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    That's sick .

... ok yeah , it can't be any worse than most of those shows.

25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Sounds like fun!