main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Book of Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeff_Ferguson, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Really? Even after the end credit stinger of Mandalorian? Cuz that would not be the vibe i would get watching that end credit stinger.

Riv_Shiel and Vialco like this.
  2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Yeah and that's fine, but i hope they explain it.

Legacy of the Force Fett is a traviss creation, not the best example.

He has a code, but he isn't a good guy, that makes him an anti-hero or anti-villain. But having a code is very different from being a good person or the type to rule through respect.

3. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Yeah, because it could have been set in the "present" but with various stories of Legend of Boba Fett, or maybe just one of the stories directly follows Mandalorian.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Ah.

Well there can always still be that element but sorta flashbacks.

Or maybe they'll go the Once Upon a Time/Lost track of having a Present Day Story and then a Past Story that box have thematic connection to each other.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  5. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    So kinda like the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy, right? That would be cool.

But i think it will be just a present day story that furthers Boba's character now after the trailer.

The one that's definetly going to be an Anthology is Lando, with Donald Glover as Young Lando and Billy Dee Williams as Old Lando telling the story!

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

One can only hope if that gets off the ground.

Although i suspect some flashbacks just to see him get out of the Sarlacc Pitt just because A.) People are gonna wanna see that and B.) We kinda need to know what Boba's mindset is and why he is only now doing this I mean, he couldn't have spent five years in the pit right? Like he would have had to gotten out pretty soon. So what's his M.O why is he deciding to be the Godfather all of a sudden. What changed.

Sarge likes this.
  7. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I imagine that shot of the Tuskans in the desert is probably from said flashback.

8. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Of course it's going to get off the ground, it's Lando.

Oh, you're right, while i think he could have been 1 or 2 years inside the Sarlacc, definetly not 5, and seeing how he got the idea of becoming the new Crime Lord would be interesting, to see what he was doing prior to that and in what place he was in mentally right after getting out of the Sarlacc, that said the same could be explained by just exposition, but that wouldn't be nearly as engaging, unless it is part of an interesting present story that has something to do with it.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean honestly Boba's reasoning for doing all this is sorta the last missing piece in all this. Like how does one go from Bounty Hunter hanging out in Jabba's Palace to ...I'm gonna become a Crime Lord now.

Like I kinda get why he helped Din because of his own father related issues and what not

But going from Bounty Hunter to new Godfather ...I wanna know why.

Daneira and Irredeemable Fanboy like this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    'Why' could be as simple as, "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing." BHing is a young man's game, and as the saying goes, it's not the years, it's the mileage.

Jedi Ben, JediBatman, AusStig and 2 others like this.
  11. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Often when people retire they pick up hobbies like building model trains, maybe Fett's hobby will be building criminal empires instead.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Remember when Sophie Thatcher's casting rumour came out from Variety and later it became clear it was for Boba, her character is considered streetwise and in ''in need of refinement'' i'm guessing she's a street youth in that big desert city Boba is strolling through, perhaps he takes pity on her and takes her under his wing aka an adopted rather than biological Ailyn Vel/his daughter from legends.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If there is a Thrawn connection, if anything I'm assuming Boba at the end of the season stands tall amongst the criminal Empires and then Thrawn gets connected with the Underworld to do Thrawn stuff.

14. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    I really haven’t seen a lot of discussion on what role Jango Fett might play in this story.

They obviously have the actor to play him, and we know there will be at least some flashbacks to the aftermath of ROTJ. Seeing that this is a story tying into the greater The Mandalorian arc, and Jango Fett is the first Mandalorian we ever saw on film (if you accept that Boba isn’t a Mando based on his comments in TM season 2), it seems reasonable that he might play a part in the unfolding of this story.

My mind is drawing a blank: in the EU, did Jango ever take jobs from Jabba? We know he had a relationship with Hondo Ohnaka.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, I know he killed Gardulla for Jabba* in the Bounty Hunter game. From what I remember, those scenes made it sound like Jabba and Jango were meeting for the first time, and he goes into semi-retirement at the end so I don't think they had much of a history together, though I don't know if any other media established otherwise.

*Until TCW unkilled her - still, the incident officially happened (hutts just prove to be hard to digest again) and pretty much demolished Gardulla's power and reputation, turning her from Jabba's rival to his flunky.

AusStig likes this.
  16. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    If this show somehow shows Fett walking by the Lars Homestead ruin remembering how he once disintegrated them it will be a day long remembered...

At least I hope the above is more likely than them showing us Fett flirting Rystall again as in the Special Edition.

CampOfSorgan and Sarge like this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    JediFett10 likes this.
  18. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    One slightly strange observation I have of both this (from the trailer) and the Mandalorian is that the settings feel quite .. empty? I don't know if that's the right word but I don't know what the right word is, but there always seems to be a rather scaled back amount of extras milling about in the background. Maybe that's just my sense because we only follow a very small group of characters, or maybe it's a sensation that the way it's filmed with the Volume, I'm just not sure.

Does anyone else have this sensation or is it just me?

AusStig likes this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

The Empire magazine also revealed the directors involved including two brand new ones I've never heard.

It's a bit small scale but i think sometimes we need smaller scale stories.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2021
  20. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    I have no issue with small scale stories, and I'm not suggesting we need some sort of sprawling epic, more just that there always seems to be almost literally no one on screen. Might just be me though.

AusStig likes this.
  21. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    That was pretty noticeable with Mos Eisley in Season One as well. Maybe (in BoBF at least) it's a deliberate story choice.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Maybe trying to visually depict the power vacuum? Or just the reality of filming in a pandemic world.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    They've been very creative in overcoming the budgetary limits they have, but those limits are still there.

One reason we haven't had SW TV until recently is that any TV output has to be up to visual standard established by the films. That's a high bar to hit. They found a way of doing so but not without trade offs.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    AusStig likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Kenobi or maybe this show will show us how far they can go with star wars tv shows and on the volume. Andor is shoot like a movie.

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The solution they've found works well.

A short number of eps of variable length tending to be between 30-45mins. That allows them to invest more in each ep.