main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests RPF 2021 Awards Ceremony- Finale

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by QueenSabe7, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Smiles softly as he watches @CosmoHender accept the award. "Congratulations, my friend. You deserve it."

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Congratulations @CosmoHender ,may your star continue to rise.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Applauding along with everyone else.

Congratulations @CosmoHender! I look forward to seeing more of your works and characters.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I got mentioned! Squee!

But more seriously, you’ve been a treat to GM and I enjoy the energy you bring to games. Really well done, Cosmo.

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The conductor-dressed Genie arrived to the stage and stood before the orchestra.

“Ladies and Gentlebeings, we return again with the Theed Symphony Orchestra. We shall transport you to a mystical realm, where dragons roam... and bards sing of the Saga of Ryujin....”

After the performance, the conductor bowed to the applauding crowd.

“Thank you. Thank you. I love you all.”

Arriving on stage was a well dressed, bearded man. As he made his way to the microphone, he turned to the orchestra and clapped his hands. He then gestured for the crowd to make more noise with their applause.
    “Ah-ha! Thank you Genie.” He spoke with a distinctly rich accent. He then turned to the audience and remarked. “My, isn’t music magnificent? When you find the right piece, it really siiings to the soul.”

He paused to take in the room and smiled.

[​IMG]

“I suppose I should introduce myself and why I am here. I am Captain Cassell Wystari of the Valkyria. Leader of Echo Flight for the intrepid, boisterous and enigmatic Black Sheep Squadron.”

He looked to the table where the rest of his squadron mates we’re seated and chuckled.

“An opportunity has found its way to me to greet you all and to say a few words... I say a few as given the hour of the night, I best spare you some of the stories I can regalia you all for another time. And so, it pleases me to present the award for Best Original Character.”

An old Republic-era treadwell droid rolled out. It sported a bow tie on its extendable neck and carried an envelope in its manipulator claw.

Cassell arched his brow at the droid’s appearance and covered the microphone. “Matey. Don’t tell me they’ve press ganged ye into this?”

The droid, Matey, warbled a confused response and offered the envelope to Cassell.

He took the envelope from the droid and leaned to the microphone.

“The nominees are...the dynamic duo and Elite League Limmie fan favourite, Lyndsey and Artemis Cash, sponsored by @Trieste ....

...The very lovely Ayira, supported by @spacelady ...

And... The enigmatic Rebecca Dragon, along with the pirate Malagath the Black, supported by the one and only, @galactic-vagabond422 .”

Cassell carefully lifted the seal on the envelope, Matey extended its neck up and peered over Cassell’s shoulder with its photoreceptors.

“Wow.” Cassell let out a low whistle. “This has been a close one.”
    “The winner of this illustrious award is Ayira!” He started clapping and gave a big hearty smile. “Please make your way up here, my dear. This award is for you.”

The orchestra started playing the theme to Genesis Gate:

~CO Note~

Special Thanks to @Shadowsun for selecting the theme for the Saga of Ryujin.

7. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Ayira stepped onto the stage, her floor length dress billowing with her movement. She had the urge to check for any stray hair that may have come out of place from her updo, but resisted, pulling her shoulders back and lifting her chin slightly. Her very demeanor exuded confidence as she took her, rightful, place at the center stage, a large and radiant smile lighting her face up.

[​IMG]

After murmuring a quiet thankful to the announcer, she turned to face those in the crowd, not letting the bright lights beaming down to break her focus on the audience. "Well," she began, nearly breathless, unable to hide her smile and the excitement bubbling within. "this is quite the honor to be chosen for this award! Thank you for seeing my worth for what it is and voting for me. I will not forget this night! I will admit, the runner ups were also very much deserving of this honor. There is so much talent here among us and I count myself lucky to be apart of this community." She beamed, gratefully and gleefully. "Thank you, again!" She gracefully curtsied before taking her leave for the next award to be announced.

Thank you all so much for voting for Ayira to be the best original character! It's been fun sharing her story (what little I can at the current moment in Genesis Gate!) and I'm eager to see more! Also thank you to @Corellian_Outrider for this beautiful artwork of Ayira! You are extremely talented! :D

Sinrebirth , Darth_Elu, Sarge and 4 others like this.
  8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Congratulations @spacelady , a well deserved award indeed.

Sent from Dagobah System

9. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Delfi applauded madly, although her head was hurting. Definitely time to pull back on the bubbly. She made a note to introduce herself to the young woman at the afterparty...she simply HAD to find out who had designed that gorgeous dress!

(Well done, @Ayira!)

10. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    A most noble winner, congratulations Lady Ayira... - The Patriarch.

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Congratulations Ayira and @spacelady! ;) Very well deserved as always! :D Knowing Ayira as well as I do, I can only heavily approve of everyone's votes on this one. :p

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    As Cassell arrived backstage, he found Zephyr there with Matey, while talking with a beautiful, purple Twi’lek. He remembered her from the other table.

“So you are telling me you are Zara, but not our Zara. Your mother is my Pussycat?” Zephyr frowned. “Then why haven’t you written to your grandmother? What have they be feeding you? Once this shindig is over, I’m making you something to eat.”

"I was named after 'your' Zara, and I'm fine, I didn't know you were.....wait...... you're not my......." Confusion, "I don't need food."

Don’t need food? Bah!” Zephyr scoffed. “That’s because you haven’t tried my cooking! Everyone has to eat sometime. One taste and you be hooked. Just ask your mother or Max-”

“So that was you.” Cassell interrupted whatever conundrum Zephyr was spinning and nodded to Matey.

“You were sweating out there so I thought you could do with an assistant.” She patted the droid while grinning to Cassell. “Guess what? I got the next gig.”

Cassell froze. “Who did you bribe to get that?”

“They found me charming.” She gave an impish smile. “It’s my time in the spotlight, wish me luck!”

“Oh... force!” Cassell gave Zara an apologetic look. “She has a faulty filter and an tendency to speak her mind. We better find someone to go with her.”

Zara smiled. "So this is where mum learned it...........and taught it to me." She inclined her head. "Allow me to assist."

“Thank you.” Cassell sighed with relief. “I owe you one!”

Zephyr had already toddled off towards the stage. The Nosaurian had a gleeful expression as she neared the edge of the curtain. This was her moment!

Zara shot Cassell a grin, "leave it with me." Before breaking into a jog. "Wait up! Together, remember!"

Zephyr paused and turned, then waved Zara over. “Come on kitten, the spotlight awaits!”

"Kitten? Right.....this kitten scratches, keep that in mind." Zara said as she sidled up beside the woman.

“You’re the offspring of my pussycat, I wouldn’t expect anything less.” Zephyr remarked as the stagehand gestured to go on stage. “Showtime!”

"I'm not....I mean......." Zara shook her head, it was complicated and they didn't have the time for it. "Sure, ok, let's do this.”

They walked out on stage, making their way to the microphone. Zephyr reveled in the moment as she looked across to the audience.
    “Follow my lead..” Zephyr spoke from the side of her mouth to Zara then adjusted the height of the microphone. “Good evening, I am Zephyr Trillo...”

Zara leaned over and down as Zephyr was a good 30cm shorter than her, "and I'm Zara Christa-Ordwgal."

“And we are here to talk about the troubles that plague our society - taxes. Where is this money going? You think it goes towards building your schools or temples? No, it went towards building a Death Star... a gigantic production which has stripped worlds of their precious resources to construct- wait, this isn’t the right script. Max? Is this you?”

Zara frowned, what was she going on about? She reached over and took the microphone. "That is not.." She shot Zephyr a stern look, "what we are here for. Ignore my counterpart, I think ..." Zara turned and gave a half smile, "old age is catching up with her."

“Is that what they call it these days?” Zephyr rolled her eyes then looked over to the table with the Black Sheep and winked in Max’s direction. At least she got part of the message out there for the young Corellian.

Zara sighed before speaking. "We're here to announce the winner of the Best Portrayal of a Canon Character." She turned to Zephyr, "can I trust you read a couple names?" An eyebrow raised.

“Of course.” Zephyr gave her best innocent smile. She cranes her neck to read out the first name.

“The first nominee for canon character-hey, what makes them canon? Aren’t we all important to the stories” Zephyr stopped as she saw Zara’s look. “Okay, first nominee is that stunning Togruta we had on stage earlier, Jedi-turned-fashion icon, Ahsoka Tano, supported by the @Corellian_Outrider .”

Zara gave her head a slight shake as she pushed her rogue curling lekku back over her shoulder. "The second nomination is the memorable Hal, supported by @Darth_Elu ."

“I think it’s a droid, there’s a serial number. HAL 9000.” Zephyr whispered. She looked at the image and squinted her eyes. “It’s just a glowing red light on a box... that’s it? That’s a character?”

A glare. "It has a personality, shut it and read out the next one!" Zara hissed.

The Nosaurian shook her head and shrugged. “And we have Rey. That’s it? Rey? Rey, who? Artists these days- Rey, supported by @QueenSabe7 .”

Zara wanted to tell the older woman to loose the sarcasm, but her up bringing took over. "Another great portrayal." An R2 unit wearing a tiara on its metallic purple dome and extended an arm with a gold envelope rolled out. She frowned, and whispered, "where'd you find my tiara, dad will kill you!" She took the envelope, "put it back now!" Zara ordered as she stood up with a serene smile. "And the winner is....." she gently opened the envelope and read it with a smirk.

"The One Red Eyed Hal portrayed by @Darth_Elu!"

“HAL 9000.” Zephyr corrected with a whisper. “Really? A box that talks outshone all those-“ Zephyr paused.

Wait, is it because they fear what the boxed one can do?
    Are we in danger?”

"No.." Zara let out a deep audible sigh. "I'm here, you're safe." She chuckled slightly visibly patting her blaster. "If our winner could come and show this dear old lady how harmless they are please?"

“You’re starting to sound like the ‘warden’ over there,” Zephyr pointed over to Cassell.

"Seems to me there's a common denominator there."

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ahsoka had to chuckle at the way her nomination was read out by the pair. A fashion icon? Well that’s... something. She exchanged an impish glance to Anakin and thought she saw him wink back to her. She then looked back to the stage as the winner was on the verge of announcing- HAL 9000 and @Darth_Elu

“Congratulations!” Ahsoka cheered out. She brought her hands together and applauded.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Kirstine, Queen of Bakura and a woman of influence, most of it not good, stood impatiently backstage. Her jaw set with her chin tilted upward, her blonde hair swept up in an elaborate display around her oversized tiara, she was more than a little annoyed her co presenter was not exactly where they were supposed be. As Queen, she'd already decided that her press secretary would be dismissed and disposed of for booking this ridiculous event. She was a born Queen and this kind of award ceremony was so far beneath her, but her credibility was suffering so she felt compelled to see this through. Forming her lips into a hard line, she glanced around wondering who this 'Renn' was.

A rumbling sounded, the stage floor shuddering slightly, growing more pronounced. A shadow fell, massive, revealing a shape before the being came into view. The tall protrusions on either side of his head brushed the overhead curtains. A humored sigh escaped Renn's lips as he ducked slightly. Now coming fully into view was a three-meter tall dark grey and green figure. He glanced down at Kirstine. "Ahhh, you must be the one I'm supposed to do this with. Another princess, wonderful."

Her eyes wide, Kirstine took three involuntary steps backward, a repulsed expression on her hard features. She should have asked what this Renn was, not who! "I am NOT and Princess. I am a Queen, your superior in every way and you would do well to show me the respect I deserve.....whatever you are." She spat as she craned up to look at Renn.

Renn chuckled, "Met Queens and Princesses before, cut off their heads, not impressed." he said, wryly. "So no, don't expect me to bow and scrape. Oh, and if we're going that route, I'm the Prince Consort of the Hapes Consortium, my wife the Queen Mother so I do believe I outrank you."

Her skin prickled, temper rising and her disgust almost palpable. “You are filthy, do not touch me, keep your …” she indicated to his limbs, “whatever they are, to yourself.” She turned and picked up the gold envelope off the table. “Just do you job and stay away from me.” Arrogantly lifting her chin again, she strutted out onto the stage.

Renn chuckled, "Ahhh yes, you're one of...those." he said, shaking his head. Then stepped up just beside Kirstine, deliberately brushing against her. Xenophobe, sad. But...you're forced to work with me on this so take the stick out of...your mouth and smile or I'll toss you into the second balcony, he sent the thought directly into her mind. In the spotlight he smiled at the crowd, raising an arm to wave as he heard Tamus' shriek of joy at seeing his father on the stage.

A voice in her head, Kirstine was revolted at this invasion of her person. She spun to him, “how dare you!?! GET OUT!!” She did not care who heard her, “I will not tolerate this insolence!” She spun the audience. “I am Queen Kirstine of Bakura, a divine leader born to my role and blessed by the Gods, not married nor voted in. I am here to read the winner of the Best Role Play game award, and I have been forced to with this this appalling creature who had deemed it acceptable to invade my mind!” Stepping back from Renn, she glared at him, “read, if you are capable.”

At this point Renn couldn't hold back his laugh, "Met the Gods too, they'd never pick a line such as yours to rule. But sure, since I'm sure you're illiterate too, I'll read the category and nominees." His visage turned solemn and he gaze at the prompter, "We have been brought here to present the nominees and, eventually, the winner of the Best RPG. The nominees are Genesis Gate lead by Darth Elu, The Sage of the Ryujin lead by Shadowsun, and Star Wars: Episode X: DUEL OF THE FATES lead by Sinrebirth."

Kirstine was livid. The woman was used to getting her way, used to those around her living in fear for their lives, used to everyone bowing down to her and some willing to die for her. This was out of her realm of understanding, beyond her minimal comprehension and she duly stared at what she now realised was nothing more than an oversize garden tree, with utter disgust and venom. She almost let her rage overtake her logic, almost. Turning back to the audience, "worthy nominations." Slipping one elongated and beautifully manicured nail into the side of the envelope, she ripped it open and pulled out the card, reading the result through her teeth.

"And the winner is
    Star Wars: Episode X: DUEL OF THE FATES lead by Sinrebirth.
    Please come to the stage and accept your award from this......over powered and under educated garden plant!"
    She shot Renn a glare before spinning and striding from the stage. This event had been a mistake from the word go and she was 100% sure her press secretary would not see the end of the day.

Renn smiled serenely as the woman went to leave. His eyes flashed for a moment, setting up a trip hazard for her just in front of her feet, right before she reached the curtain. He nodded to the audience, "A very worthy winner."

A scream was heard as the woman fell, cursing and vile obscenities littered with expletives rang out from the side stage.

(Thanks to @darthbernael for this fun bit. ;) )

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    With a flounce, he leapt to the stage, having been completely driven from it.

He was himself, because he could be no other, and accepted the award with a warm smile - a genuine one.

"Well this is a surprise. But a welcome one. Episode X: Duel of the Fates is among my favourite games and projects, and it just has oodles of talent within it. I could not have done this game without so much enthusiasm from the cast. @CosmoHender and Barriss Ofee; @TheSilentInfluence and @HanSolo29, both picking up characters from the Resurrection and Knights of the Last Republic games; @galactic-vagabond422, providing us with the pilots perspective with Rhoen Aquilla of the Last Stand game, and also the abortive After the Awakening series; @QueenSabe7 for her sublime Rey; @Shadowsun for the frankly delightful Vicrul, may he rest in peace, @Mitth_Fisto and his irascible power broker, @darthbernael for his cranky not-green imp, and also @Jerjerrod-Lennox, for the Agent plotline which will thread forward. We also had @Kurisan and @Kalio_Dynkos, and though they did not finish the game, they did contribute to its shape and form and for that I am immensely grateful."

"The game was a truly brilliant and positive experience, and with the support of the original script for Episode IX, we added some truly personal moments to the epic arc of the Battle of Coruscant. My favourite moments? Barriss becoming a Sunrider; Xundel and his quest to resurrect the Protectors taking him to a very curious cast of characters; Vicrul taking a swing at Snoke; Aryan Graul's snide interactions with Hux and Kylo Ren; Tirran Huxley's delightful manipulation of Hux and the Lost Boys to his own advantage; Saint Rhoen's three miracles; the misadventures of Johnson and Rose Tico; the finale showdown between Rey and Kylo Ren (and her turning down Poe!)."

He looks almost tearful. This is a truly magical moment for him - for the cast of the game.

"It's simply amazing. Thank you, my friends. You have made this happen - not me. I look forward to Episode XI: The Hidden Temple, starting soon."

16. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Renn chuckled, this entire experience had been fun. "Congratulations, @Sinrebirth, I believe it was a very good story." he said before he slipped off stage and back to his seat with Helinith and Tamus.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    rolls eyes and applauds at the ego :p

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Wow!!! :eek:

The ability to beat both Genesis Gate and Saga of the Ryujin simply cannot be underestimated!!! [face_hypnotized]

Congratulations @Sinrebirth!! Bravisimo! =D==D==D=

Masterclass I tell ya!:-B

20. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
  21. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Congratulations @Sinrebirth! A truly deserving winner and the only one of those three that we have seen the conclusion of, I know I and the rest of the cast are eager to see how the saga continues.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    "I had intended to make a second speech to drum up some positivity towards the rest of the brilliant cast of Episode X by extension, because we do have the makings of a Trilogy at this point." He gestures into the crowd. "The delightful @greyjedi125 sat on the secret of Ben Solo's recompletion and survival for the best part of a year, after all, and now @Adalia-Durron has joined our ranks as no less than three characters, picking up at Last Stand, Black Sheep and Black Squadron. Also we have @JediMasterAnne, who has joined the game as the infamous child of Feyna, the original to the alternate we met in Twilight of the Force, continuing her own story from the Resurrection game. @Lady_Belligerent has also joined to play ADMIRAL DAALA! Which is a personal favourite of mine. On top of that, @Corellian_Outrider has joined the game as Ahsoka Tano, which is a minor squee in and of itself."

A broad grin. "Episode XI is looking to be quite the epic game, but the cast is not yet solidified! So if you're interested in joining a game which continues both Legends and the Sequel Trilogy onwards against the return of Snoke, you're welcome in. Between our returning cast, our new cast, and the expansion of players own character base by CosmoHender, darthbernael, Shadowsun and others, taking on several characters at once in some cases..."

"... it is potentially a very, very fun game to come - but not because of me barely so - but because of the players, who are, frankly, mad to join me on this interconnected adventure."

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  24. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Duel of the Fates definitely deserved the win, since the game was what brought me back to this site. And even when I joined, I had no idea just how much fun I would end up having or how many other games I would end up joining as a result of my association with Duel of the Fates. I am honestly honored to have been part of Duel of the Fates and to be involved in Episode XI as well.

So a huge thanks to @Sinrebirth and to my fellow players for taking me on this incredible journey. I was not expecting to become part of a larger universe when I made my character form back in December last year... but I am now and I am really excited to see the direction that this universe goes in next.

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Congratulations to the cast and the director of Star Wars: Episode X: Duel of the Fates!

Very tough competition and well deserved to be accompanied by Genesis Gate and Saga of the Ryujin as the three nominees for the award.

Ahsoka gave a beaming smile and bowed her head in acknowledgment. “Thank you, and also thank you for having me on board. It has been exciting thus far and unexpected...” Gives a small nod over in Barriss’ direction, “ ...I am eager to see how things will play out.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.