main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Pandemics in the Age of Globalization: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion: See OP Warning

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Jan 21, 2020.

1. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Nah, they’ll just shoot it with their AR-15‘s. We’ll be back to that soon enough.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    And this is part of the problem. We need vaccines that not only prevent you from getting sick, but also prevent you from spreading it. As long as every single person is a potential Typhoid Mary, can we ever truly achieve herd immunity? Or am I missing something here?

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Are you less likely to spread it compared to those unvaccinated or does it not matter?

4. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    It's still worth remembering that all data we have is that vaccination significantly reduces the infection rate. Even going with every single person is a potential Typhoid Mary, they're all significantly less likely to be one than the unvaccinated are. Transmission doesn't have to be set to 0, it just has to be reduced such that 1000 infected people infect less than 1000 new people, and making it so most of those people are less likely to get infected will drive things downward.

Rew, Runjedirun, Juliet316 and 2 others like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The real problem is still the dumbasses who won’t get vaccinated

6. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Congratulations to you and to your wife, @DarkGingerJedi ! Many happy returns of your little boy's day :)

7. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Why is South Africa having problems vaccinated it’s population and when will Africa get vaccinated since only 10 percent of the population has received only one does?

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Whenever either A.) they open up the patents.

B.) when we start shipping vaccines over there in mass quantities

9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    When every deer in North America is a possible Typhoid Mary we may already be sunk on herd immunity.

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh deer.

Lordban likes this.
  11. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    That’s not really how herd immunity works as far as I’m aware, and I don’t think these vaccines protect against transmission enough to attain such a thing in any case. That’s what I’ve read on the subject at least.

12. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Omicron detected in Australia

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Reads like a snippet of Star Trek dialogue.

Vaderize03 and DarthTunick like this.
  14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Is it know yet that the booster shot can fight of the omicron variant if tested positive?

I got my booster shot last month

15. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
  16. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    black_saber likes this.
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Or the bigger ones who want to punish businesses for having mask mandates.

I'm surprised the Guardians of Plague actually haven't tried stopping the distribution of vaccines yet. We've only seen at least one school here in Florida which banned teachers from getting the vaccine and/or forcing students to quarantine if they did.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    “I killed that guy with my AR-15 because I was defending myself from COVID” is totally an excuse we’ll hear soon.

19. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    More like "I killed that guy with my AR-15 because I was defending myself from the vaccinated."

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i just read on the fox propaganda network this morning their hosts, none of which are or have ever been reporters, said the new variant is made up by democrats and every two years we'll get one.

Luke02 likes this.
  21. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Democrats are both completely incompetent, and also capable of creating and updating a global fake virus and plandemic every couple of months for the sole purpose of targeting Republicans.

And Republicans assume this, because its what they themselves would do if they could in their darkest fantasies...and continue to do with programs such as gerrymandering and voter fraud audits and storming the Capitol to overthrow the government

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Creating a virus to target people you don't like is basically the plot of No Time to Die. Nice try, Fox News.

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Is fox trying to explain away the fact that overwhelming amounts of the people who end up in hospital due to the virus are republican by saying it’s because it’s all manufactured by the democrats and not because said people don’t take the vaccine

Count Yubnub likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Planning their next whataboutism to try to deflect from their commentary about being glad that Kylo Rittenhouse killed “leftists” and defend their “right” to kill people they don’t like by claiming that “Democrats are doing it by manufacturing viruses!”