main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Hawkeye, Introducing Kate Bishop and Pizza Dog

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Apr 19, 2021.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It feels like the Kate Bishop show to me and I’m totally fine with that.

2. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Seriously!!! That dude is a Rittenhouse clone!

Rylo Ken likes this.
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I like this show. The watch:

Could be Stark tech, a nanotech suit or gauntlet. Or, it could belong to Ant-Man? In comics Clint was Goliath.

4. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Somehow Rittenhouse returned.

Rylo Ken and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Rogers: The Musical absolutely needs to happen Props to Marvel for writing an entire four and a half minute show tune for a maybe two minute scene.

:cool::D[face_laugh]^:)^=D=

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Something I never knew I needed until I saw it:

The walking scene, where Kate thinks Clint is being chivalrous and he explains its lines of sound transmission.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I really don't see this is the Kate Bishop show, she was in the first episode more to establish her character, but it's definitely a two-hander buddy cop show, kind of like how Falcon and Winter Solider was. In fact, I was kinda hoping that episode #1 = all Kate and episode #2 = all Clint but they had them meet up at the end of episode 1.

Jedi Ben, Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Well Disney does have some experience putting on Broadway musicals :D

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Caught the first episode today (hopefully will get the second done tomorrow). Overall, about what I expected from the first episode base don the trailer- it's primarily setup for everything, so you can understand why they'd kick it off with two episodes. The Fraction cover-inspired title sequence brought a big smile to my face (and I've only read the first dozen issues so far).

Timeline-wise, we were bringing up the "is it Xmas 2024 or Xmas 2025?" question in the main MCU thread. With 2024 making the most sense given the other MCU show settings, but with a creative involved saying it was 2 years after Endgame (thus, 2025) that is also on the table (and setting it over a year after after FFH/NWH).

Going by the first episode (and this isn't really a spoiler since the TV report presence was in the trailer), we have a TV reporter specifying that it has been "years" (plural) since Ronin was last seen. So, that would support 2025, unless the reporter was intending to speak specifically about being seen in NYC (and, thus, not counting his appearances in Mexico and Japan), which could theoretically allow for a 2024 setting if Ronin hadn't been in NYC since 2022 (or earlier).

But, leaning towards 2025 and the 2 years statement being true, thus far based on just the first episode.

The only question about plot elements so far (and maybe episode 2 addresses this):

Was Ronin's sword shown to be collapsible in Endgame? I'm pretty sure it wasn't, since he makes a deal out of cleaning and sheathing the blade at the start after the Yakuza are finished off and, I believe, removes it from a scabbard as a whole towards the end of the film when dealing with the Outriders going after him and the Gauntlet.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Master_Lok and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  10. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    eleanor guility of something i just know.

11. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    The watch might contain Star-Lord's Awesome Mix Vol. 4, since Vol.3 is on a Zune.
    My nickname for Pizza Dog is Popeye. The day after watching episode 1, I was asked if we were going to watch more of Hawkeye, and I jokingly pretended that I thought they said Popeye. Now with Popeye the Dog, I can continue calling this show Popeye, and people might think I said Hawkeye.

Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Lalo sent me here.

EHT likes this.
  13. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    A very subtle, but neat easter egg:

The Hotel where the"auction" took place in the first episode was the same place Wilson Fisk was living in the third and final season of Daredevil

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Or not an Easter egg at all but a potentially very important clue.

Rew, Master_Lok and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Possibly; it all depends on how it ties into the Stane Tower.

Master_Lok and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So after another rewatch…
    I think it’s Kate’s father who was into something shady and Eleanor has been trying to clean up his mess ever since. I don’t think she’s bad herself but perhaps the villains are using her and her security firm because that’s her way of getting out.

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Plausible

nilzo antonio likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Finished episode two.

The LARP bit fell a little flat but the rest was pretty fun. It's a good mix of her listening to Clint and doing her own thing (was fearing they'd do the cliche thing where she'd just start ignoring him from the outset and immediately get into trouble).

Also, Blind Wave had the best observation:

Waiter: "Dinner is on us."
    Clint: "No, that's not necessary."
    Waiter: "But it is. You saved our city."
    Blind Wave: "Falcon: Can't get a loan."

[face_laugh]

19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Ugh, guess I’ll be skipping through Endgame to see if that is the case as I
    remember his sword is whole in each scene in Endgame too.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    That’s why if they named the series for the subplot, it would be Systemic Racism and The Way We Treat Our Veterans

21. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I know that Jacques is supposed to look guilty as hell right now... but it's Vera "Do you need someone to play a mother with a dirty secret? 'Cause I can do that in my sleep" Farmiga.

Either way, I'm actually intrigued by all the directions that part of the plot can go. Farmiga could be a baddie and we get her classic but awesome flawed matriarch routine, or it could be Tony Dalton being given an excuse to stroke his mustache (which we can already tell he'd enjoy in a gratuitously but entertaining fashion) as Jacques, or something to do with her dad. Either way, Kate's going to have a complicated family situation, and I'm in.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    Also... the family was having money issues so bad they would have to sell the penthouse... dad dies and mom suddenly is the ceo of the company and can replace the irreplaceable bell towers, was the life insurance policy that heavy or what :oops:

Jack is interesting in that he told armand to **** off away from eleanor during the auction, im wondering how this will play out... if shes evil and so is jack and old dude was actually innocent or what...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don’t the think so. Being connected to the Avengers makes me think it’s Stark Tech. And the only watch we saw from Tony was this:

[​IMG]

So, it’s a stretch, but maybe they want it as a prelude to interests that lead to the events of Armor Wars?

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    re. "Save the City" which remains amazing

First off I love that they say "Avengers Unite!" in the chorus which is just a smidge off from "Avengers Assemble!" catchphrase (although there is an "Avengers Assemble" line somewhere in the verses). and the "I could do this all day" chorus is great. Although I wonder how in-universe the songwriters would know that Cap said "I could do this all day!" ("I know, I know!"). Like he said it in one on one brawls without spectators, y'know. Either it's a coincidence that's the line got in there. But also Cap was frozen for a few decades and probably had a few biographies written about him so maybe during the "Howling Commandos WWII period" he said that a bunch of times and entered into his mythology/history. Probably that, I can buy that.

25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    @The2ndQuest I rewatched Clint’s scenes in Endgame
    Every shot featuring him wielding the katana features a full sword. There’s only one shot that looks like it appeared out of nowhere in the tunnel. Technically, Barton could have pulled it out of the sheath complete as he always does.

Though I do have some theories about the
    collapsible version of the Ronin sword.

Clint is shown modifying arrowheads in the Hawkeye series, so he could have made a collapsible version of the katana, but never used it, as Clint retired Ronin before he could.

As far the auctioneers obtaining the Ronin suit and new katana, these could have been stolen.

I am not sure how I feel about the collapsible version of the Ronin katana. I absolutely love the hints of Clint practicing kenjitsu and possibly bits of Iaido (in the manner of how he “cleanses” the blade by dragging it across his arm) in Endgame.

I am also curious as to what martial art(s) Jeremy Renner studied growing up (He mentioned training but not a specific discipline in this Men’s Health UK interview.))

Anyway,
    I think the Endgame Ronin sword is not modified to be collapsible, and the one in the Hawkeye series is a different version of the Ronin sword.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2021
    The2ndQuest likes this.