main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Oola’s sister back for revenge

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ve mentioned it before, but building off Fennec freeing the Twi’lek slave in the post-credit sequence, I believe Boba and Fennec’s policy will be to free all Twi’lek’s, that this will lead to significant Twi’lek support for Boba’s leadership in the underworld, and that there will be leaders among them (such as Beal’s character) who will either be key allies, or will complicate things (for example, it could be that Beal’s character was profiting from providing Twi’lek slaves to the underworld, and Boba’s liberating glee will annoy her). Either way, I think we’ll be seeing an interesting plot along these lines.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think this is more likely. Beals’ character seems to be relatively well off so I’m guessing she’s a person of some importance in the underworld.

The Chalk Jedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. That’s exactly what made me suspect such a storyline. She looks like she could be a rich Madame of sorts who’s profited from delivering “high quality slaves” to rich and powerful criminals.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I already don’t like it. However I mean that in a good way

The Chalk Jedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Left for dead on the sands of Tatooine."
    So all doubt is gone, we will see what happens after the Sarlacc.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett-character-posters
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

So it's 7 episodes not 9? Yet another Maison lie [face_liarliar][face_laugh]

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Oh, so one episode less then Mandalorian, i hope all episodes are 40 minutes long. It ends on Feburar 9th. Also what are we thinking off this picture?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Too bad Maison was wrong there. But seven episodes of Boba Fett goodness taking place after Return of the Jedi is still unbelievably cool. And running time-wise, it's still something like the equivalent of two full feature films.

EDIT:
    He looks less scarred than in The Mandalorian, so while it might be him healing from the injuries from the Sarlacc, it's probably chronologically after Mando.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I im' 99% sure that the tuskens are the flashback to ROTJ.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    All I know is that poor old Vanee needs to be who comes and fetches him from his bacta tank.

No rest for the weary.

EHT and Intergalactic Lawman like this.
  14. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Really curious why would Boba ever want to rule and take over Jabba's place. From his appearances in the OT and The Clone Wars, it always seemed to me that he was just a simple man with a certain set principles he inherited from his father. But it never occurred to me that he was ever after any sort of power. He wanted to be the best at his job, but he still wanted to just work for someone else and make a living for himself. Like his father before him, he was just a bounty hunter, just a simple man making his way in the universe. Interesting what gave him so much ambition after surviving the Sarlacc.

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I wouldn't call Jordan Maison a liar, but he's definitely on a bad run with SW scoops at the moment.

And it could just be the way the trailer is cut together, but this really makes it look as though the Tusken's save Boba from the sarlacc.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He lied, or he said he heard it was 9 episodes and that information was wrong? It would be a lie if he knew it was 7 episodes and instead said it was 9. And what would be the purpose of that?

Just a tiny bit of critical thinking would be nice to see from time to time.

PymParticles likes this.
  17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Technically it would also be a lie if he had no idea but still said that he heard there were nine episodes.

Though I have no idea about the guy's morals, so whether he lied or not I don't know - I've just noticed that he tends be wrong about things.

18. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    It would also be a lie if he didn't hear anything from anyone, and made it up out of whole cloth. But I doubt that's the case. The simple answer is SW rumor types aren't reporters in a technical sense of the term and tend to lack discernment; however, there's some value they bring if you're looking for content or general expectations.

Edit: Or what TCF said.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah seems Jordan and other leakers been wrong mutch recently. they wtill right on something but on others they wrong on.

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think Lucasfilm runs a tight ship, that's the problem. Maybe they've upped security. Because I've noticed that, as of late, usually semi-reliable scoopers have gotten more wrong than right when it comes to SW. Can't be a coincidence.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  21. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    It definitely feels like something changed in Boba, and it feels like its something either tied to legacy or to a contempt for the Underworld.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It's all about legacy for Boba Fett, his father installed the importance of legacy on his son. His father was the best bounty hunter of this time and Boba becaome the same in his time, maybe even better. But being a bounty hunter isn't proffitable anymore, so become a crime boss.

godisawesome likes this.
  23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I would, he's been doing this since 2015. Almost every week back in September '15 he would go ''TFA trailer is coming this week and I know it's exact contents''. Name one legitimate leak he has had that hasn't originated from someone else or been something obvious that anyone with a brain could guess?

I feel like there's cause to be suspicious of his scoops when he started purging some of his old tweets just as r/swl recently started creating scooper credibility profiles on their discord. (and it was on the very day that his name started coming up in chat that he started to delete stuff)

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Bounty hunting is a tough life; I'm sure it takes a toll on the human body. Could be he's just feeling like he's getting too old for all the fighting, and he's thinking about settling down in a management role so he's not waking up with nothing but aches and pains every morning. And if you're going into management, better to be at the top than in the middle.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    My guess is that he heard one person kind of in the know say there were 9 episodes, didn’t corroborate with a couple other reliable sources, and repeated what he heard. Not a lie. Just…sloppy journalism, if you can even call it that.
    He’s unreliable. That’s proven. I’m with you there. But there’s no proof of him lying.

In an internet world where it’s difficult to discern between real information and nonsense, I think it’s important not to add to the confusion with unsubstantiated claims, that’s all.

“Liar” might be satisfying to say when one of these bottom-feeders gets something wrong. But it contributes to the misinformation noise.