main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Tarot Trio Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Seldes_Katne, Sep 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I’m pleased to announce that my story for this challenge is now up! It’s a one-shot in three sections with Glockel and Telfien of the Rose Evergreen:

Nine Down, One to Go

I hope this does justice to this unique challenge—thanks again, @Seldes_Katne ! :)

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I haven't written anything since the pandemic started. Maybe this will help. Could I please try the Ghost Deck with Past, Present, Future? I'm feeling a Christmas Carol vibe here. Thank you!

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    HOORAY to see you back, Diva! [:D]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    THIS a thousand times. It's so good to see you back and looking to write again, Diva! [:D]

5. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I hope I can help you with that, @divapilot. These are the cards I pulled for you:

[​IMG]

Past: The 7 of Coins (or Pentacles). Steady progress toward a goal. Taking stock of where you're at. Putting in hard work that will eventually pay off. Assessment and future planning. Note that bright light between the trees in the center; is that an oncoming vehicle? Something on fire? Sanctuary? The light at the end of the tunnel?

Present: The 2 of Cups. Unity. Mutual benefit. Possible romance. While the picture on the card suggests a romance or marriage, this card can also signify a partnership of any kind, particularly one that both parties find agreeable. If there has been a disagreement or dispute, this card can stand for a compromise or resolution to the problem. The 2 of cups can also mean an exchange of favors or paying something back.

Future: Death. This is one of the most interesting cards in the Tarot, and one I always talk about when I'm showing the cards to someone new. Death often seems to be a scary card. It can, of course, signify an actual death, although that seems uncommon. More often it signals a change, a permanent change from which there is no going back. (I've seen the Death card interpreted as "Transformation" in some tarot decks.) The example I use with school students is to ask them what grade they are in (for example, 7th grade) and then point out that a permanent, non-lethal change was their graduation from 6th grade. That part of their life is over, and they can't go back again. The butterfly cannot return to a caterpillar state.

In many situations, this can be positive -- you are safely out of an abusive relationship, you've paid off your debts and burned the mortgage papers, you've graduated from college with your degree.

The cards are open to many interpretations, of course. You may look at one of the cards and choose to take the picture literally. Or you may notice a detail that really stands out. I've given you the general, standard meanings of the cards, but you can decide for yourself what they are telling you. Let me know if you have any questions.

I hope this inspires your writing. Best of luck.

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Definitely a layout to conjure with! (or scribble to, so to speak)

amidalachick and Findswoman like this.