main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Yee-ha!

I'm so happy right now! :D

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Just rewatched S6 episode The Lost Ones. I have to say the episode makes the Jedi look incredibly stupid. They find out Dooku is Tyrannus, had murdered Sifo Dyas and was behind the creation of the Clone Army THAT WAS BEING USED AGAINST HIM and not once do they think hmm maybe The Clones can't be trusted or why would Dooku do that. They don't even inform the Chancellor there Head of Government. Nope they just carry on as normal o_O

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  3. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    That's not what happened.
    They really didn't have any choice at this point. They were too far into the game. They formed comradeship with the clones, and they didn't have any reason to doubt them, not this late into the game, considering they took the army in the first place without questions. It was the final year of the war. At this point, they couldn't withdraw, they couldn't abandon their men, they had to commit. It was too late. It was too late when they attacked Geonosis. They couldn't tell the Chancellor, who may have his own interests in mind, they also couldn't tell the Senate, who were not exactly warm on them, either. The public already had low support for the Jedi, and the Jedi were concerned plenty about that.

You saw Ahsoka's trial, all of it was reinforced there. People like Tarkin wait for any slightest opportunity to incriminate the Jedi by any means necessary. Common people see them as warmongers, not peace keepers. If the fact that a Jedi ordered the clone army is revealed (and Dooku was a Jedi, which is known, the fact that he is now a Sith is irrelevant to anyone but the Jedi - barely anyone else in the Galaxy actually knows the difference), it's over for them. Palpatine/Tarkin/Senate could just say that the Jedi orchestrated the war, they were in cahoots with Dooku, and they wanted to gain more power for themselves.

The moment the Jedi joined the war they lost, they ensnared themselves, they were pawns of the corrupt Senate, they were politically compromised, and they couldn't see their way out of it. And when there was an opportunity to do something, they didn't do anything. All who gain power are afraid to lose it.

4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Just finished rewatching TCW. I'm not much interested in SW as I was when TCW was on... but man, I still love TCW so much. I miss it. I really wished we had got the whole 8 or was it 9 series? We were fortunate it was revived for Disney+.
    Is there any hope of Season 7 being released on blu-ray at all?

5. silentfault

Mar 5, 2021
    I feel you :(
    It was originally supposed to be 8 seasons:
    [​IMG]
    I doubt there will be Blu-Ray release any time soon - if ever - considering it's all on streaming service these days, and they've gotta milk those subscribers.
    Maybe on the 20th anniversary, some collectors edition will come up, if we are lucky.

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I still wish we could get the Utapau arc fully animated... That was the arc that I had been most looking forward to. Having animated storyboards are not the same...

7. IJjones41

IJjones41 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2021
    I was disappointed . . . especially with the last season. Season Seven had 12 episodes and Ahsoka served as the lead in two-thirds of the season. Anakin, Obi-Wan and the others were only prominent in the first 4 episodes. Also, Dave Filoni made a blooper in Episode 7.11. In it, Ahsoka had a meeting with the holographic images of some of the Jedi Council members. Filoni began with Mace stating his opinion of a plot to destroy the Jedi. Then he completely erased Mundi's suggestion that Palpatine be removed from power and instead continued with Mace's line that such a move would be dangerous and the Jedi would have to take over Senate, before Yoda had also added that such a move would be dangerous before agreeing to it. Why did Filoni do that? And why was Aayla Secura at the meeting in this episode, when she clearly wasn't in "Revenge of the Sith"? What was that about?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  8. silentfault

Mar 5, 2021
    ^
    This has got to be trolling at this point, or it's some kind of multi-layered irony.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. IJjones41

Nov 13, 2021
    I see that I was wrong about Aayla Secura not being at that meeting in the movie. Although why she was there is a mystery to me, considering she was not a Council member. But I stand by my other criticisms of how the series had ended.

10. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    She was a popular comics character, it was one of that fan service kind of thing.

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Who said she needed to be a Council member? That's not a Jedi Council meeting.

12. IJjones41

Nov 13, 2021
    I just cannot see the Jedi Council members discuss removing Palpatine from office and taking over the Senate in the presence of those who were not a part of the Council. And yes, I'm blaming Lucas for this.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  13. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    OK, i was watching the yougling arc of the clone wras and right at the end here is a shot of the republic fleet. Believe it or not Hounds Tooth (Bossk's ship) is right there!

This was probably just an asset reuse but i'm taking it as a sign that Bossk did some work for the republic during the clone war.

[​IMG]

14. silentfault

Mar 5, 2021
    Doubtful, considering he conspired with Aurra Sing and Boba Fett, who took down a Republic Cruiser and killed its entire crew, and then he held Republic officers and troopers hostage. And then he was arrested at the end of Season 2 with Boba Fett. So the Republic most definitely had him on the watch list, considering his crimes and that he escaped from prison. Don't think he could have worked for them with such track record :)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  15. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Hmmm, wonder why he was there then...

16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Probably not him. We see that freighter model in other episodes, in fact it made its debut in the season 4 bounty hunter arc as a different ship.

TetsuAero and cwustudent like this.
  17. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Really? I haven't noticed it in other places before.

18. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Cad Bane and Moralo Eval try to escape Nal Hutta with one in Friends and Enemies. It then later shows up in the Youngling arc as you noted, and again in the Pyke arc of season 7.

19. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I'll keep my eye out next time i watch those episodes.

20. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Been rewatching The Clone Wars after getting introduced to The Book of Boba Fett and The Mandalorian, to see the evolution of Star Wars TV shows. Some things are clicking for me now that didn't before. I get the need to individualize the prominent clone characters. It's just the clones that are in close contact with the Jedi who develop more individuality, most of the background clones are still "shiny." And really the only major clone character we saw in the films, Cody, was unique, so the idea was there since RotS. One detail TCW didn't capture about Cody was his uniquely shaved hair on the left side of his head, which alluded to his individuality.
    [​IMG]
    I had forgotten how the Order 66 arc explained the aberrant behavior of some of the clones, that they were influenced to be more creative by the Jedi. Cody does allude to a long history of service alongside Obi-Wan during which they have bonded in RotS, when he says "Come on, when have I ever let you down." The clones in AotC are just numbers, like organic droids, but by RotS the commanders working under Jedi have unique armor and names. Oddball, Cody, Gree, Neyo, Kagi, etc. And Anakin does see the clones as individuals in RotS. So all the ideas were there, perhaps a bit subtly, in RotS, and they were then fleshed out in TCW.

I also get that they jumped straight into the Anakin from the beginning of RotS, in terms of his characterization and voice. I guess that's fine since the micro-series already covered the ground right after AotC to his knighting. I still prefer Mat Lucas' Anakin to Matt Lanter's, though.

I'm still not a big fan of Ahsoka in this show. I get the idea to give Anakin a padawan, but I don't really like her character. A lot of it has to do with Ashley Eckstein's voice. I prefer Rosario Dawson. This is probably an unpopular opinion.

21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I miss this show, so its nice when someone posts here. :)
    I watched some episodes leading up to Hunt for Ziro, bcs I enjoy the Hutt plot-line. I think I'm only just realizing: if Lucas hadn't decided to release the feature film, it would've been part of season one, and we'd probably have a different series premiere and season one finale.
    Good point.

22. silentfault

Mar 5, 2021
    The idea of unique clones was there since Republic Commando, which was before RotS, when Lucas told the dev team to make all the clones unique, each with a different paintjob, voice and personality quirks, as opposed to just plain white troopers we saw in Attack of the Clones.

And even regular clone troopers in that game had a sense of humor and weren't just meat droids. So he had the idea of the clones being unique and developing as people for a while, and of course TCW being his project, is consistent with that. The films just did not care about the clones all that much, they were more in the background, and we did not get to see it a lot, except Cody. The scene in the hangar is pretty much the only thing, with all the clones listening to Obi-Wan being unmasked (thus highlighting their humanity, and not just presenting them as faceless stormtroopers), one even has a different haircut, and they are all there chatting and smiling, etc.
    [​IMG]
    So whenever someone says "clones had too much personality all of the sudden in TCW," they are very, very wrong :)

23. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    I like how the only other non-cgi clone in this scene is the "young adult clone" actor, Bodie Taylor, from AOTC cameoing.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh man, now I can't unsee the terrible CG on the other faces. [face_sick]

Don't think I knew Taylor was in ROTS at all though, that's rad.

25. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    In the Clone Wars animated show you mean? I don't think that's true. We see Anakin go through a lot before we reach Season 7, which coincides with ROTS. I would say that the Anakin in Clone Wars is neither the Anakin of II, nor of III. He is the Anakin in between. I mean, it's not like it felt a different character at all between the end of AOTC and the beginning of ROTS anyway.
    Yeah, I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion, but Ahsoka from TCW is my favorite character in Star Wars. All of Star Wars.

Thank you for all the above.