main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Black Krrsantan

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Jan 11, 2022.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Wasn't sure if there was a thread for this named character...

Black Krrsantan. A comic-based, Wookie bounty hunter making his debut TV appearance in the Book of Boba Fett.

I thought he had a great onscreen presence/appearance, even if it was brief. A different portrayal of the honourable and powerful, but often downtrodden, Wookies.

A fearsome and dangerous hunter with a cool name.

What do others think?

What's BK's future role in TBOBF? Merely a cameo or something more?

Does his appearance suggest a Dr.Aphra/Black Krrsantan TV spinoff or will they stay in comics?

When can we expect to hear him roar?

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    He looks great. Hope to see more of him.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    *Wookiee. ;)

Black Krrsantan is a fun character in the comics, and I was thrilled to see him in live action. I'm certain he'll show up again. I don't think they'd go out of their way to faithfully recreate a popular comic book character like that and only have him in a small cameo, not to mention that he works for the twins, and they're no doubt important for the show going forward.

The more interesting question is if this means we might get Aphra at some point - and/or the homicidal droids.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He looked great on screen. And the introduction was really great. It worked for fans who just watch the shows. A new scary looking Wookiee is definitely a moment where you’re gonna hold your breath even if you’re not familiar with the character. And it works great for those familiar with the comics as it puts a definite spotlight on him for a moment and let’s us all geek out! Perfectly done!

5. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yep his intro was done really well last week for those who know who he is and those who don't, great stuff.

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Certainly a better appearance than the Wookiee we saw in Chapter 1.

7. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    I’m guessing Dokk Strassi has many many more Wookiee pelts other than the one he tributed to Boba. Would like to see Black Krrsantin wipe the floor with Strassi’s crew. Then suddenly Bossk emerges from the shadows.

8. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Oh nice, that was dead pan humour.

Count Yubnub and Beef_Sweetener like this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Loved him in the comics, so was super excited to see his live action debut. And my goodness he was amazing in today’s episode! They’ve made him one of the most menacing, ferocious and powerful characters to date. Prrfection.

Now give me that Aphra / Krrsantan TV show please!

10. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    I was legit scared by Krrsantan when he attacked Boba Fett. Forget the arms being pulled out of your sockets, this guy wants to give the biggest and final bear hug of your life. It's not wise to upset a Wookie indeed.

11. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yeah he has been a cool introduction but not a fan of everyone just walking it off straight after, detracts from him being scary. It seemed like Boba had his back broken and then he just gets up and walks away.

Def Trooper, B3 and Sarge like this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I was hoping that Krrsantan was going to be Boba Fett's beast who he feeds dissidents to like how we found Chewy on Mimban. To those of us who know his backstory that would be just desserts for him and not simply wookie cruelty. But he's probably too intelligent to play the role of the beast and Boba recognized this.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Sarge, Shadao and theorenwulf like this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    BK was the highlight of today's episode. Loved to see a truly scary Wookiee on screen. I hope we'll get to see more of him.

14. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    BK was really amazing in this episode. I found the scene were Boba saw him off a bit weird though because with his advice to BK it seemed like they didn't know each other and they do work closely together in the comics and the line in Episode 2 about the fighting pits also made it seem like they were aquainted. But since the shows dialogues are written a bit clunkily anyway, maybe it was just that.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    While I do hope he comes back presumably to pay Boba back for releasing him, I wouldn't be upset if this was his last appearance this season, that was a terrific fight. Boba be like "Wookiee hugs- never again".
    On the contrary, the "nothing personal" line seemed to solidify they had history together.

16. theorenwulf

Jul 12, 2015
    True, but the line after that felt a bit clunky and impersonal and gave quite a different impression. But like I said that is probably just a bit of clunky writing and not an indication of them ignoring the comics like I saw someone on Reddit claimed. The last episode already made that clear enough.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    And he’s gone never to be seen again

RetropME likes this.
  18. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    No-one's ever really... ehhh, you know.

DLCV and clone commander bossk like this.
  19. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Like...why wouldn't Boba or Fennec have pointed a blaster rifle down into the pit and executed him on the spot again? :rolleyes:

Wanting to be better than Jabba I get. I'm warming to his new mindset overall too, in respect to all the tusken family bond stuff we've been witnessing. Heart-of-hearts though, isn't it a little odd & strange just how naive this dude's being presented as? He offs Fortuna without doing a little research on the lay of the land on the ground post-Jabba? This fellow bounty hunter Krrsantan (who he has history with, and knows how absolutely vicious he is even by the standards of this line of work) comes within an inch of snuffing him out, Boba lets that stand? In an episode where he's shown multiple times reiterating how he has to project an air of ruthless strength to build a rep with the locals?

It's a little straining on credibility. Rebuffing Fennec over threatening to blow the mayor's number two away on the spot was the same. Like...you know by now, 100% for a fact, that this guy's been messing with you, lying to you, and is in league with a competitor. You don't know who yet, but you know the guy's an enemy. Don't you make an example, show you mean business, right there and then? "You're down a top functionary. Keep down this road you're next."

He's a new better Boba, great, on board with it. But his goal here is crime lord, he's not Mister ****ing Rogers. Fun as Krssantan is, narratively he should be a corpse as of now.

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    He owes Boba, I doubt that'll be the last you see of him.

Bor Mullet, Riv_Shiel, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  21. Shadao

Oct 31, 2017
    From what I understand, this is another Tuesday for Bounty Hunter life. Bounty Hunters do attempt to kill each other for the money but literally stop when they’re not on payroll.

Plus, a Wookie in debt is more useful alive than dead. Same cannot be said for a two faced mayor.

22. theorenwulf

Jul 12, 2015
    While I can see your point, I don't really think that offing BK wiuld have gained Boba much. The Hutts made it pretty clear that they didn't want hil back and therefore letting him go instead of killing him or reselling him into slavery, BK owes him one now. And I'm pretty sure that that might turn out to be an asset down the line. And since they were willing to let him be sold into slavery I don't think BK is taking a contract for those Hutts again anytime soon, this wasn't personal after all, it was just business.
    And I don't really think the locals factor into it as unlike the attempt by then Ninjas this wasn't really very public. Sure if he killed BK and paraded his corps around he might get some street credit but I'm not sure if that really outweighs BK being in his debt.

23. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    I'm talking about before the Hutts turn up, Theoren. Right in the moment, before he knows the Twins have come into some new pertinent intelligence and now want off-world. Right there in the middle of the night after Krrsantan's been cornered in the pit, Boba's mind logically would be at "I've just staved off an assassination" - he knew it was coming, now it's come. The Hutts have threatened him, now they've openly acted against him with lethal force.

Respect kind of goes both ways. If he wants to treat the locals better and gain respect through generous deeds, that's great. But he's also demanding respect from the no-good crims, openly musing to friends about how he has to retaliate because it's what's expected, what's necessary to be Daimyo.

Say the Hutts hadn't changed their minds (which Boba had no reason to think they had until the visit), word's gonna travel. He's got a notorious/criminally-famous bounty hunter in his basement, the Hutts are going to want him back, and they're going to be sending more forces. It's open gang war now, they've gone for first blood. That's not going to stay quiet on Tatooine for long, Boba sparing Krrsantan's going to get out and seem like he's soft. You don't have anything to lose in figuratively decapitating the Twin's army at that point, depriving them of their top fighting dog. It's eat-or-be-eaten by that point anyway.

With the Hutts backing down it makes sense to make a good-faith offering of their pawn/muscle back. No problem with that. Except that Krrsantan should have a smoking blaster hole in the chest or head by then already. When the break-in/middle-of-the-night-mafia-whack went down, he had no reason to think anything other than the Hutts had acted on their declaration of war. You want to be the Godfather, you've gotta put your foot down with something that severe. The knowledge he was operating on before the next morning came, the rational move is execution. Krrsantan's in the game, he knows the deal, he's not some innocent bystander.

From what we know of Krrsantan, would he even care? The guy's basically Tuco from Breaking Bad if he were 8 foot tall and furry. If anything you'd figure he's got a personal beef with Boba & Friends by now, psychopaths who get off on this stuff don't respect acts of mercy.

24. Shadao

Oct 31, 2017
    Krrsantan is a bounty hunter and Wookiee. Bounty Hunters are noticeable treated like disposable garbage considering that Jabba didn’t put much thought about Greedo’s death. Plus, everyone knows about the gladiator pits with Wookies. They’re worth more alive than dead.

Plus Boba knows Krrsantan enough to understand his value as a bounty Hunter and potential ally for the future.

25. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    I'm sure that's probably the way they're going to go with it, sure. Krrsantan turning heel on the Twins, eventually becoming to Boba what Boba was to Jabba.

Just also pretty sure I won't buy it for a second. This guy's not in the life for the cash prizes or mutual respect, he's seemingly a guy with no code at all who wants the whole galaxy to burn for how cruel it's been to him. I get Boba viewing him as a potential asset.

It's just that while Krrsantan was in that pit Boba had zero reason whatsoever to even muse on the idea that he could be turned into an asset. And to be honest, he probably still can't, this isn't Bane or Dengar or whatever. Krrsantan makes Greedo seem like Yoda, he's probably worse than Bossk. If Boba's going for a "code", for business endeavors through mutual respect, is Krrsantan seriously the dude you want helping enforce that? He'd snap the neck of the first moisture farmer who looked at him sideways.

BRE likes this.