main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. MasterDarkra

MasterDarkra Jedi Master

Apr 26, 2006
    Golbolco and Dream-Thinker like this.
  2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Salla actually dated Han, Sana was just pretending and as far as I can recall has never even shown interest in men.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  3. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Just wondering, what is the timeline for Boba Fett during the Clone Wars in the One Canon? How are the differences between Legends and Canon handled?

4. QuinlanSolo

QuinlanSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2019
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BlXgAaPSr7KHaqI0cFx8moshwtQ-86GoVeeya99DQQk/edit

Golbolco likes this.
  5. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    Okay, I knew this was going to inevitably happen at some point, so here it is. Though I have been enjoying Book of Boba Fett I knew contradictions with the Mandalorian book trilogy, (The Mandalorian Armor, Slave Ship and Hard Merchandise) were forthcoming. And finally here it is. Okay, I guess the part about Dengar finding Fett near the wreckage of the Sail Barge won't work anymore, but maybe if you move certain events in the book trilogy around, maybe some of these things can still happen somewhere? Hmm......[face_thinking]

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I wonder how long One Canon goes until you gotta start really making things untenable?

7. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    At this point, there aren't many seams and its unlikely for more to develop. Boba Fett getting out of the sarlacc is a modest one, TCW vs the CWMMP might be a major one depending on how you look at it. Solo vs Legends is a big seam for me. Because all the continuities are working from the same base with the episodic saga and share ideas, themes, and backgrounds in non-episodic content as well, and take inspiration from one another, the effort it takes to reconcile most content isn't a lot.

I look at the One Canon approach as similar to Stan Lee's no-prize. Spot a continuity error? Don't just point it out, come up with a solution. What do you get for it? Nothing, and sometimes weird looks for being so continuity-obsessed. But you do have fun with it, and get recognized for your efforts.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Precisely, @Golbolco. :)

spends more time on the Six Empire's Era

Golbolco likes this.
  9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I think the biggest issue would've been the galactic map... which they imported 100% from the EU. Problem solved!
    ( also good news for Two Canon people like me. :p)

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anaxes Minor!

That is all I will say.

But the map was a great save.

Especially when Rebel Files includes the 40 ABY Remnant borders in 3 ABY. [face_laugh]

PCCViking, blackmyron and Golbolco like this.
  11. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    So... how has the Book of Boba Fett affected the One Canon so far?

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Boba's many coming out of the Sarlacc pit

13. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    I was referring to the events of the most recent episode.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I take it Grogu would be the first student of ‘this’ academy, for now.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I don’t know I think he’s choosing Din and heading out if there

16. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Ok One Canon madness time:

Two Jedi Academies on two different worlds run by Luke with two different first students/classes... how to reconsile?

For now, with the many trees in the latest episode, this place looks hardly like it will in the flashbacks in TLJ. Jedi did some tree removal right there I bet? Or is that a different world and different academy?

The tight rosters for first classes from Legends seem to be incompatible with the canon candidates needing to be fit in, at least in first class. Second onwards may be more likely though even already crowded.

If the trick to have One Canon start from DE also movies the Jedi academy stuff, then canon's wouldn't be first classes but rather later ones, unless timeline is condensed or shifted somehow. Still two different locations remain in paralell with Yavin IV and this other green world that could be Yavin IV but isn't due to no Massassi temples.

If this is not the Yavin academy, is it a failed one from before DE? He had plenty students leave him there, those from Marvel, Leia, others he met like Kyle, Mara, etc. who only later rejoined post DE. Fits the theme for Grogu too then. But it'd be awkward to have Mandoverse pre-Dark Empire which is One Canons "ROTJ analogue" and may screw up some Luke timelines for One Canon.

@Sinrebirth ???

17. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    I think you can slot The Mandalorian into Luke Skywalker's sabbatical from just before the Black Fleet Crisis begins.

The trick to explain away the two different "first classes" is Luke's style of teaching. When it's first founded, the Praxeum is a seminary for adults, many of which are already half-trained in the ways of the Force. Eventually, with enough adult Jedi trained, Luke decides that it is time to experiment with training children in the style of the padawans of old. Thus Luke goes on sabbatical from the Praxeum to begin the construction of a secondary temple, receives Grogu's contact from the Force, and brings him there to be part of this new experiment.

Presumably, things with Grogu won't move forward. Luke will use the Praxeum to train classes of children, as we see in YJK, but the secondary temple comes to house students like Ben Solo who benefit from the padawan-and-master dynamic... well, at least Luke thought Ben would. The first class from Canon is therefore the first class to abide by the old-school training of Jedi.

ColeFardreamer and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Being as FotJ acknowledges a Jedi school on Dathomir, and the Order maintaining a Temple on Coruscant and another on Ossus I think the precedent for the NJO to have more than one school running already exists. Let alone whatever he has going on with the Jensaarai for example.

I’ve no qualms with it at this stage.

Especially as we say - this is ostensibly between JA and BFC.

19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Ironically,
    while it lacks the temples and gas giant, I thought the planet in the latest episode looked quite a bit more like Yavin IV than the planet seen in the ST flashbacks.

Neither one's been named yet, right? [face_thinking]

ColeFardreamer and Sinrebirth like this.
  20. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    I had assumed the planet Luke was training Grogu on was Tython, since Din had already taken Grogu there and I don't know how he would have been able to find them otherwise.

21. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Someone needs to make fan art of Grogu and Ikrit interacting.

...It is possible that they interact in One Canon, right?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  22. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Currently, no.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Oh, that's a shame... How can i persuade @Sinrebirth to change that? :emperor:

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ikrit is in his Globe until 23 ABY.

Technically BoBF is in 16 ABY.

So it’s possible later on, sure.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  25. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    YES! Ikrit and Grogu artwork can be canon! :emperor:I thought with the "currently" that they referred to the current "canon" of One Canon, not currently as the moment where the post-ROTJ shows are in right now lol, of course i meant it later in the timeline.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022