main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    You cared enough to reply and make an argument, which I questioned. Of course you're free to not reply back.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  4. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    THE best this decade.

CampOfSorgan and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  5. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    [/QUOTE] Who said he had to be in the arc? What does that got to do with the quality of the writing? [/QUOTE]

It was an arc about the Banking clan which San Hill is the chairman of, we see all these banking clan leaders, we see Sidous pulling the strings, but no sign of San Hill, then to make it worse the Republic take over the banking clan at the end of the arc which pretty much writes San Hill out of existence.

Why is San Hill even on the CIS council in ROTS? It no longer makes sense… The only explanation I can think of is that the CIS council leaders lead extremist factions from their own corporations and either left or were kicked out and took a load of their followers and assets with them. But again if this was the case it should have been explained on screen.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    LMAO [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Quick interjection: why does the Bad Batch arc in TCW come after the Walkabout arc, chronologically?

8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Apparently it's due to Anakin's brief appearance over Coruscant in Deal No Deal, whereas in Bad Batch he's in the Outer Rim sieges, which is where he's meant to be right up until the events of ROTS. It's an addition that came from the rewrites in the 2020 cut, adding a line about the sieges to A Distant Echo in the scene with Padme.

As originally planned, there doesn't seem to be much indication of the placement of the two arcs either way (their chrono relation to Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple is also made very messy due to the addition of Maul in the Ahsoka arc).

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's not a reason to have San Hill. Just like you don't necessarily need Nute Gunray for a story involving the Trade Federation.

How? San Hill is still a powerful and wealthy individual, even when the Banking Clan is nationalized by the Republic. The infrastructure that he supplied to the Separatists still exists.

Originally, the arcs were in chronological order.

Bounty Hunters >> Utapau >> Ahsoka's Walkabout >> Bad Batch >> Dark Disciple I >> Kashyyyk >> Son of Dathomir >> etc.

10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm not understanding all the confusion regarding the neutrality of the corporations during the Clone Wars. TCW makes it quite clear in several separate story arcs that the CORPORATIONS are neutral, but some of the leaders (like Nute Gunray) went rogue. It was also made equally clear that these rogue leaders did NOT represent the desires of the actual corporations' public stances.

Slater, Alexrd, cwustudent and 3 others like this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Which is a retcon. The movies present the reality that the entire corporations are not just allied with the Separatists, but basically are the separatists. Lucas went one direction at first but, as he is wont to do, changed his mind and changed the story, contradictions be damned.

12. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    It is not a retcon. Nowhere in the films is it stated that the corporations are officially allied with the CIS. In fact, we see in The Phantom Menace when Lott Dodd objects to Naboo being invaded by the Federation this very concept - that the official stance of these corporations and what an influential individual in that corporation chooses to do are not one and the same. The Clone Wars just elaborated on a concept that was already there.

cwustudent and CampOfSorgan like this.
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, that's objectively false as made evident in the movies. The movies clearly establish (right in the opening crawl) that the separatists are one thing, systems that want to separate from the Republic, which are represented by Dooku. And Dooku, as representative of the Separatists, makes a deal with the corporations to supply armies and weapons to the Separatists.

"As I explained to you earlier, I am quite convinced that 10000 more systems will rally to our cause with your support, gentlemen." - Dooku

A clear distinction between the separatists and the corporations.

And another:

"Do you see any way through negotiations to bring the separatists back into the Republic?" - Queen Jamillia
    "Not if they feel threatened. My guess is they'll turn to the Trade Federation or the Commerce Guild for help." - Padmé

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    upload_2022-2-13_20-26-40.gif
    Holy... I don’t know why I bother. If you two don’t get it at this point...

15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013

cwustudent likes this.
  16. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    The problem is everyone present at that meeting in AOTC is called a Separatist Leader even by the time of TCW season 1 (Gunray and Tambor clearly referred to as Separatist Leaders and Separatist Council mentioned by Hondo)

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As far as the war is concerned, they (along with Dooku) are the Separatist leaders. They are the only Separatist military targets that concern the Jedi and the Republic. The Separatist political body is virtually irrelevant as far as the war goes, yet those are the true separatists (systems that want to separate from the Republic). Not the corporate moguls that made a treaty with the separatists.

Paleof, CampOfSorgan and Darkslayer like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Personally I'd switch the image of Ahsoka, Anakin, and Obi-Wan with Maul on the cover of that collection.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    To what?

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I meant to switch the places. Have the trio of Ahsoka/Anakin/Obi-Wan in the front with Maul in the rear.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  22. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    When does the 4-episode story arc formula start? I'm going through the chronological order and am at #46.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Umbara arc in Season 4 was the first 4-part arc, though the loose Geonosis arc in Season 2 had a unique 5-episode format.

24. Lobey-One Kenobi

Nov 30, 2009
    Cool thanks. I had it in my head that it started with the Pong Krell arc, had that down as episodes 1-4 as well. I like how it is at the minute with lots of episodes in different places but it does mean a lot of storylines feel half-baked.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  25. Lobey-One Kenobi

Nov 30, 2009
    Just finished, didn't realise it had taken me a few weeks! Was really fun to go through again, so many plot lines I'd forgotten about. I feel like they did under-utilize characters like Mundi and Windu though, would have enjoyed seeing some duels with them two against Grievous or Dooku, no matter how brief they had to be.

Onto Rebels.