main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Isn't Daniel Logan a little too old to play a 13 year old Boba? Like 15-20 years too old?

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    he did a decent job at voicing a pubescent Boba in TCW. That was him. He's only 5'6, so that's believable for a Younger Boba. They would only need another actor if they have him take off his helmet.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I feel like if they don’t tell that original arc now it’s just very unfair. We know the duel 100% happened

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    It's kinda reaching Siege of Mandalore status isn't it?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would say so. Since it’s such a mentioned or referenced event

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    I was literally saying that with a friend of mine. Add in the rumors that some arcs are being turned into animated movies, and you have a perfect set up for animating this arc.

7. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I've always said, I think there are three TCW stories left that NEED to be told in animation because of their importance to Lucas's saga in terms of finality and wrapping up character growth in TCW:

- Bounty Hunters
    - Son of Dathomir
    - Dark Disciple

8. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    Those are the exact same stories I was thinking of. I get them not making all 52 episodes, but yeah, those particular 16 episodes are stories we need, because of the reasons you already said. We already know how the stories for Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padmé, Yoda, and the clones end. So what we NEED to see is more the endings of the characters that weren't in the films.

9. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Don't get me wrong I'd eagerly watch any arc they give me. Those are the last Lucas-influenced stories we could get (unless they start developing Underworld again).

SeparatistFan likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think Son of Dathomir and DD will be told in animation even though I really wish they would be.

11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Those three arcs also have the advantage of being among the more developed arcs. Bounty Hunters has almost all the voice acting, the first half of DD has its animatics, Son of Dathomir has a lot of completed assets and character models. From a budget pov they have an advantage over any of the other arcs, especially given their in-built marketability.

While I'd like to see a finished Utapau or Kashyyyk, those simply don't have the narrative importance or draw they'd need to be successful on their own. It really just makes me sad that they didn't do a full 20 ep season back in 2020. Keep the 12 they finished, add in SoD and Bounty Hunters, then do DD as some kind of 8 ep miniseries. That's what I would have done ;)

12. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Has there been much else in terms of hope for these important arcs getting animated?

All I’m aware of is that tweet from Jordan Maison last year.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No and Jordan has lost some credibility.

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I think the Kashyyyk arc is an important Clone Wars arc given the characters and situation involved leading up to Episode 3. I always wanted to see Yoda’s partnership with the Wookiees. Plus it has the Bad Batch who have now been elevated to an upper echelon given their series. It could be a good one off flashback connected to both series.

I also wonder if Filoni has held off on producing this one until he could possibly partner with Lucas again. I see a lot of George’s personal elements in this one dating back to his backstory to the very original Star Wars as it delves into Wookiee culture and their relationship with nature. Not to mention George’s key characters Yoda and Chewbacca. From the anecdotes we heard, I think George was more involved in the development of this arc. Filoni could be holding out hope to work with George once again if they could possibly bring him back to produce this… and maybe even in live action?

15. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    How come?

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just gotten a few things wrong since then.

CampOfSorgan and SeparatistFan like this.
  17. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    Well, another article, from a site called The Direct, gave the following quote when talking about how the TBOBF finale references TCW.
    "There's an unending hunger for content set during The Clone Wars, and there will always be until everything that went unfinished sees the light of day. While Season 7 was a massive hit on Disney+ and the Siege of Mandalore arc served as the perfect conclusion to the series, there are still a number of tales worth being told.
    Right at the top of the list is the bounty hunter arc, and the importance of seeing it fully realized in animation has grown significantly given the events of The Book of Boba Fett. With the latest live-action series providing the conclusion to the rivalry between Cad Bane and Boba Fett, it seems only natural that fans get the opportunity to see the beginning of it as well.
    While Dave Filoni has previously ruled out future seasons of The Clone Wars, there have been rumors that some of the unfinished arcs may be adapted into animated movies. If there were ever a time to do this, it would be now. Boba Fett remains highly relevant, and with Cad Bane still under the spotlight despite his death, there would be a mass appeal for an extended film that could tell the story of the arc in one go."

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-clone-wars-unreleased-scene-boba-fett-finale

SeparatistFan and Darkslayer like this.
  18. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Rumors = From this topic, ha ha

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    Anyone else hopeful there could be a surprise in store at Celebration this week in regards to the incomplete arcs?

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sadly not it seems although we now have a prequel to TCW so that’s cool

SeparatistFan likes this.
  21. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    If TCW was successful enough to spawn prequel and sequel shows for itself then it was successful enough to have its remaining two seasons finished. I will die on this hill if I must. [face_not_talking]

Moll, Darkslayer, Daveisbored and 4 others like this.
  22. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Looks like the kashyyyk arc might be making it's way into bad batch season 2.

Slater and cwustudent like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s not like the animation style being to expensive is an excuse anymore. With Bad Batch and Tales of the Jedi using the same style. I have a feeling over the years they have figured out how to make it cheaper.

24. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    Yeah, but it's not going to be the same story if it is. It's going to be Imperial Era, and with Gungi, rather than Clone Wars era and with Yoda. Sick of them taking Lucas's concepts and twisting them.

SeparatistFan and Darkslayer like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it’s very possible the bad batch reference their time on the planet during the war