main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series TBOBF Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 14, 2021.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Right! The rumor I started hasn’t been properly debunked either. You know, that Pedro Pascal ate a puppy every morning for breakfast while filming season 2. I googled it and I don’t see any articles debunking it.

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This is the reason why i feel like being more a Expanded Universe Fan than a film person has mentality prepared me (And other EU fans) more for the modern age of Star Wars than other folks.

3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well Pedro has owned and lost alot of puppies that year. So it's all very plausible.

I guess the question is. whether the rumors are plausible and whether there is enough evidence against them.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ffs man

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No, that’s not the question. The question is is there any evidence for this baseless rumor. And the answer is no.

6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The best part of chapters 1 to 4 of TBOBF in regards to the Mandalorian series is how much better it makes Mando’s unexpected return in chapter 5 than the same episode would have been as the first chapter of The Mandalorian Season 3.

Chapter 5 is basically Mando repeating all his greatest moments from earlier episodes. ‘I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold.’ The bounty denies it’s them. Cool fight. We meet a new flamboyant client. The armorer has new wisdom and makes bescar armor. Mando is healed. Big Vizla challenges Mando again. Mando is potentially sent on another quest for redemption in the springs of Mandalor. Mando goes back to Mos Eisly and pals around with Peli Motto and her droids. Mando rebuilds a spaceship in a montage. Jawas provide weirdness and humor. A flight scene followed by Rebel pilots stopping Mando for a traffic violation.

So much being the same goes over much better after four chapters focused on Boba than if the series went directly from Luke’s rescue to Mando being classic Mando.

I don’t understand what Pascal would be unhappy about. The high profile role is a huge career boost for other opportunities. Playing Din opens the door to a long career and the projects he is dedicated to. It seems the time commitment can be very flexible - so the series isn’t stopping him taking other work. At his least involved Pascal is still the equivalent of James Earl Jones to Darth Vader.

I guess if he’s only paid scale for voice acting he’d have a reason. Maybe he’s uncomfortable doing PR as the series lead when he’s rarely actually on set. At one of the Star Wars celebrations before the series premiered I got the distinct impression it was the first time Pascal had hung out with his onscreen costars.

The positives seem to far outweigh the drawbacks.

Shadao likes this.
  7. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Perhaps there is. and perhaps its been right under our noses since TBOB was announced.

Why did we get TBOB where they have us 2 episodes of the Mandalorian inserted in there? instead of just doing Mando 3? Maybe because they were put in a tight spot and had to fill that spot with something ASAP till things could be sorted with pascal.

8. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Of course will be people around that watched mando 1 and 2, didn't watch BOBF, and will watch mando 3 and won't understand why Mando and Grogu are together again (i believe at least the 1st episide will be a ''last time on mandoverse'' to explain for some of these people.

9. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Edit: I don't care.

10. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    Best of the best episode….and this raised the viewership towards the finale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    Star Wars may be an interconnected universe……but it is a much smaller one than MCU….even though the playground is the galaxy, there are far less main characters than in Marvel. The entire saga revolved around the Skywalkers, while Marvel has trilogies for every single member of the avengers for example.

Hence the struggle in the SW universe to expand and why they keep revisiting secondary characters with less story gravitas. The High Republic is an effort to expand the Universe, and makes strategic sense. But for now, the abundance of cameos or stand alone series behind these secondary characters from the original movies is what is limiting the creative expansion of the franchise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh yea but that still wouldn’t explain the increase over Mando. Nor do I think the subscription base would either as many of those subscribers came for Marvel stuff of Pixar. Plus if they came from different parts of the world their viewing habits could be for none of the Disney properties we think of. Yes I don’t doubt that thousands maybe even millions of people tuned into Boba due to Din and Grogu, but that wouldn’t explain the 36% increase over Mando season 2 final.

13. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    You are reading too much into this 36% number.
    The increase in subscriptions since Mando2 is way larger than +36%, so it's very hard to make an apples with apples comparison between the two shows.

14. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    True. Those episodes are the "real Mando 2.5". Mixing them with TBOBF does relinquish them of the repetition somewhat. They were a very entertaining catch up. :)

I suppose it means we can "move into" the Mando S3 story quicker which could be a clever move...

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s almost like you are the personification of misinformation.

Riv_Shiel and cwustudent like this.
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Nowhere has he stated any of his claims as fact.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Then there is no point in his posting them.

They have been officially debunked, and their original source is one of the least trustworthy bottom-feeders on the internet.

The purpose of misinformation is to dilute trust in facts, and sow confusion through the power of suggestion. It seldom requires any evidence, just an insinuation. And that is exactly what Daxon101 continues to do.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Riv_Shiel likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Oh, yeah? Then why haven't I found any evidence refuting his claims? :p

Ipso facto. Case close. o_O:rolleyes:

Riv_Shiel, Bor Mullet and 3sm1r like this.
  19. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    A baseless rumor is not supposed to be debunked in order to be dismissed. The responsibility is up to the person who makes the claim, to back it up with convincing evidence. It's not up to the target of the rumor to debunk something that has no credibility in the first place.

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I guess I just didn’t understand the hostility is all.

21. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    It's been going on for awhile, and people get frustrated. It happens. Unfortunately, some just want to cling to any malarkey that gets posted by dishonest opportunists.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The world is getting ripped apart by disinformation. So it's pretty understandable to get, at the very least, annoyed by it here.

23. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I think its very possible it could be true. I think how TBOB turned out could be a result of that. Maybe its not an attractive notion to think that maybe there could have been some issues behind the scenes on the best show in the world "The Mandalorian". But thats part of speculation.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    But you have nothing to base that on, and it's been debunked by the actor in question. That is the point. Holding on to a suspicion that's been refuted, and ignoring the many more likely reasons for the problems of TBOBF is not helpful, because it just muddies the waters of the discussion.
    We've been discussing many likely behind the scenes issues. No one has a problem with that.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  25. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think it would be in the best interest for said actor to NOT debunk it though. Thats kinda the thing. If he has his own issues with the production he will likely deal with them with the studio and not tell the world about it. Why would we find out this stuff from him exactly?

Now everyone is so keen to find reasons why the people involved with the Mandalorian didn't come up with another masterful peace of media with The Book of Boba Fett. And while i like The Book of Boba Fett i can say there were a few decisions that puzzled me and felt abit like they were writing it as they went along at times. So yeah I'm gonna say that maybe there could be some evidence in TBOB itself. Let alone 2 episodes of the mandalorian being planted in TBOB to everyone's confusion.

Its like a detective investigating a crime. Sure you could look at the evidence. Or just accept that your suspect said it wasn't them. So case closed.

I mean would it really be out of the realm of possibility that Pascal might not be happy with his role in the show? He is playing a character who barely gets any face time. And he is an actor who wants meat to work with. He is an actor whose being credited for a show that he really isn't involved with all that much considering he is meant to the star.

Now sure i could be totally wrong. But again, thats part of speculation based on events.