main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series TBOBF Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 14, 2021.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    There isn't any evidence. There's just Grace Randolph making things up. That's it.
    Again, we have nothing to suggest he's lying other than Grace Randolph's make believe. If you take Grace Randolph seriously then you should go home and rethink your life.

Just assuming the actor is lying , so that you can continue to believe youtubers is the way to madness. Why not start posting Super Shadow theories? Once you believe one, you might as well believe them all.

S. Raw Rats, EHT and TCF-1138 like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    @Daxon101 Enough man. You have a real knack for deteriorating the quality of conversation here (which admittedly has a pretty low baseline to begin with). :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I didn't think it would be a fan favorable theory anyway.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We already have a perfectly serviceable Fan Fiction forum.

Riv_Shiel and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Sometimes a low bass line is a great thing!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Honestly, this analysis here better explains why the Book of Boba Fett was made as Mandalorian Season 2.5 rather than going straight to The Mandalorian Season 3. It's clear they want Din to somewhat regress back to his old self after giving up Grogu, before we see him getting kicked out of his Clan and establishing the new status quo with his new N-1 fighter ship. And of course, Grogu join Mando on his own terms after a little Jedi training.

The problem is that had these episodes been part of Season 3's opening, it would have been seen as too rushed and retreading old familiar tropes of the first few episodes. Like everyone knows that Grogu will come back sooner or later, and the N-1 Starfighter having that little Grogu seat is just screaming Grogu leaves Luke to reunite with Mando. But having four episodes about Boba establishing himself as the new boss of Tatooine and flashbacks of his whereabouts since ROTJ offers a nice buffer zone and gives the audience something to anticipate beyond Mando reuniting with Grogu. Like, when he gets his starfighter, we know that Fennec will arrive with an offer to Mando of helping Boba drive out the Pykes from Tatooine. We're just wondering when it will happen and start looking at the background to see what is changing.

Boba's overarching goal of reinventing himself as a Daimyo of Tatooine rather than a common bounty hunter also helps audience see why the creators have seemingly regressed Din back to his old ways. It isn't to redo the beats again, but rather to show just how out of place and character it is for Din to go back to his old life again. The bounty hunting career is cutting out anymore and Din needs to forge a new path like Boba or otherwise meet a lonely end like Jango and Cad Bane did.

7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Do the mods have their own thread yet?

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You mean the Unban Request forum?

Oh, wait, you meant the other mods.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  10. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Yes, I was thinking it might be fun to discuss ways to improve the mods from Boba Fett. Our mods here can't be improved.

11. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

Reposting this in here because it is hilariously relevant and accurate.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You must unlearn what you have learned. :yoda:

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Ever since Cammie and Fixer showed up I hoped these guys would turn up...
    [​IMG]
    I'd imagine they'd have taken over Jabba's Mos Eisley operation until the Pykes showed up, they're perfect fodder for Boba too...
    [​IMG]
    After all Boba has previous experience of backing them up...

14. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    So it looks like no one was willing to humiliate themselves by creating a thread on the Mods. And neither am I. But I will pose the following question: do you think we will see these characters again? And if we do, do you think they will be revised a bit to make them less goofy?

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  15. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Did they make Amy Sedaris less goofy after her first appearance in The Mandalorian? Nope. What about that blue Star Trek looking alien from the very first episode of Mando? He came back in series 2 and was still fairly goofy. So again, Nope.

Sarge and CampOfSorgan like this.
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  17. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Made one.
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-mods-mos-vespas-ride-or-die-thread-spoilers.50057272/

Sarge and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  18. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    Sarge and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Which is good, keep pressing on I say! Embrace the goofiness since at the end of the day Star Wars is goofy.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah! It’s just goofy all the time at all times and it can’t and shouldn’t be anything else ever.

CampOfSorgan and Riv_Shiel like this.
  21. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    The goofiness is part of the charm, which is why for aliens I tend to prefer silly masks to CGI.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    All things in moderation.

To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven. A time for goofy, and a time for not-goofy.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This. Star Wars at its best strikes a perfect balance between highly believable and wonderfully goofy. That’s why even slight missteps can feel so major. It’s a tightrope. And RR definitely fell off of it.

S. Raw Rats, 3sm1r and Sarge like this.
  24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    An issue i find with the Mandalorian and TBOB is that sometimes the goofy characters feel like they hired comedians into roles to use their written material about Star Wars

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  25. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Was Paz Vizsla seriously going to kill Din? I know they weren’t on the best terms, but I thought they were cool enough to not kill each other.

clone commander bossk likes this.