main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny All Aboard the Hype Train to June 2023!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by choccy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  2. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    3 weeks now :D

hey gang i missed like the last 10 pages of chat. anyone feel like updating me?

still no news on what is going on in this film huh?

3. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Yeah, I don't think there's too much to report on.

I feel like the last major news I can recall was on-location filming in Italy and Morocco, but that was a long time ago. Last images I saw that I can remember were of Ford filming in Sicily. There were also some photos of Banderas and Ford together, but I can't remember if that was also in Sicily, or if it was Morocco (or elsewhere). A few days before Christmas, Banderas tweeted he was leaving London after working on Indy to head back home to Málaga. Dunno if he's done with the film, or if that just a holiday break.

Sounds like everything has been going smoothly, as far as I can tell. Probably about a month or so left of production.

There were also a couple images floating around of some Lucasfilm materials for employees highlighting current projects. There was an Indy 5 temporary logo on there. It was just the standard Indiana Jones franchise logo, with a 5 attached to it.

I think that's probably it?

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  4. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Lets hope the Maestro is staying healthy and fit to write the music for the movie. I'd love him to end his musical journey with Indy V after he wrote all 3 ST movie scores.

He is like Paul and Ringo and Mick and Keith a living musical legend! His legacy will survive us all!

5. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013

Yeah, I hoping the same. Additionally, I hope he'll be able to score Spielberg's The Fabelmans. It's due for release in November, but I haven't heard anything yet about the composer for the film. It's a coming of age drama heavily inspired by Spielberg's life, and it's also a film that Spielberg has written the screenplay for (something he rarely does). Given their friendship and history together, it would seem Williams would be the perfect fit for the film. I'm hoping it happens.

6. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think he’ll be able do it. Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park are films of my childhood, and they simply wouldn’t be the same without this genius.

7. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
    John Williams recently celebrated his 90th birthday!! =D=

There's been a couple of different news updates and retrospectives that have appeared recently in celebration of his birthday, and we have finally received confirmation that he is indeed scoring Spielberg's The Fablemans! Awesome news. In addition to that film, he of course has Indy V. He also has a variety of concert dates in Austria and the US planned for the year.

And lastly, just announced today, Williams is also scoring the main theme for the Kenobi show. All great news!

Anyways, speaking of news, we haven't had much Indy news lately huh. I'd imagine production should be nearing completion by now, if it hasn't already wrapped.

Sarge likes this.
  8. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
  9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Now that this is close to wrapping up production am I right in saying its been filmed on location in England, Italy and Morocco, with Scotland doubling for the US? It seems to have been filming forever.

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think it was Sicilia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013

I think that's a wrap!

12. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Indeed it is!

GunganSlayer and Immortiss like this.
  13. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
    Such great news Indy/Lucasfilm fans! No more filming delays! On to post-production!

14. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Gosh, I can’t wait for this film to come out. Everything we’ve seen so far looks promising! I really hope Karen Allen returns. I think I mentioned it in this thread earlier, but in spite of its flaws, one thing I loved about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was that it felt like a genuine, satisfying conclusion to his story with him finally (maybe) retiring and marrying Marion. It’ll be interesting to see how they conclude the franchise with this one. 2023 can’t come soon enough!

GunganSlayer likes this.
  15. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I never took Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as a retirement at all - in fact, the wedding scene outright refuted that. Mutt may have reached for the hat, but Indy snatched it out from under him and put it on. There is only one Indiana Jones, and he has plenty more adventures to go on yet.

16. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    He might be Professor Emeritus.

“Part-time”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 and GunganSlayer like this.
  17. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I do too, I really do hope so (same for Shia), but it seems unlikely

Last I heard, she said she hadn't even been contacted by anyone at Lucasfilm. Could always hope she just has to cover it up due to NDA, but I suppose we'll see

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  18. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Also if she has a very minor role one they may be waiting to film it during pick ups/reshoots later in post production. Not unlike how Marvel has sometimes filmed cameos or post credits scenes a few weeks out from release.

19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Heard a rumour that Indy will fight a 7ft tall "superman"...

Anyone shed more light on this?

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    How tall was that German airplane mechanic in Raiders?

21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Pat Roach was 6ft 4&1/2in.

Sarge likes this.
  22. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    I gotta be completely honest, the main thing that I am looking forward to with Indiana Jones 5 is the possibility of another Lego Indy game, which is something I have been wanting for years...

23. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Why is Spielberg not directing?

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    He is producing. He is doing West Side Story and other projects. I just don't think doing a fourth Indy sequel interests him at this point.

25. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013