main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Got a question? Ask it here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kabers, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    'Cause it sounds better than "Greater-than-and-Less-than-Wings" >::<

2. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    I never understood 'S-foils' either. I'd have called them Cross Flaps.

"lock cross flaps in to attack position"

3. MisterBobbyPin

MisterBobbyPin Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2022
    Why is there only one decease that's ever mentioned in Star Wars? And why is it so easy to cure diseases in Star Wars?

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Are you talking about "diseases" and which one are you specifically talking about having been mentioned?

5. MisterBobbyPin

MisterBobbyPin Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2022
    Yes, I apparently cant type well. That Blue Shadow Virus that had a two episode arc in Clone Wars.

6. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    There have been other diseases in the expanded universe. I think the scientific knowledge of biological engineering and cloning allows them to design and manufacture cures and treatments, and the number of planets with unique animals and plants means there are many with medicinal properties, like the plant on the moons of Iego that cured the blue shadow virus.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. CloneBlooper

Dec 20, 2002
    Why didn’t Yoda tell his colleagues where he was from?

Subtext Mining likes this.
  8. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Actually it’s very odd if you realize that there is no such thing as an X in Star Wars. Their letters of galactic basic are not like our alphabet so any of the ships with letter based wing names make no sense!

CloneBlooper likes this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The High Galactic alphabet was introduced to rectify that.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How old is Palpatine by the time of TPM?

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    "Newcanon" Palpatine is a little older than "Legends" Palpatine. Newcanon Palpatine was born 84 BBY, Legends Palpatine was born 82BBY.

And since the invasion of Naboo takes place in 32 BBY in both timelines then that means Newcanon Palpatine was around 52 in TPM, and Legends Palpatine around 50 in TPM.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  12. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    What is it with Lucas' "obsession" with dangerous heights/depths in the SW universe? In each of the Lucas episodes someone either falls to their death or jumps and survives. In ANH why does the DS need so many deep shafts with only narrow guardrail-less bridges to cross them? When those stormtroopers fall down, where does artificial gravity pull them? To the "south pole" or the center? If center then gravity would lessen the closer you get, as with a planet. At a planet's core there would be weightlessness, right?
    Again in ESB Luke is fighting Vader right in the middle of an extremely high shaft before he "jumps" down.
    In ROTJ yet again the Emperor "falls" to his death down an extremely high shaft before hitting the reactor or whatever.
    The final duel in TPM takes place on a maze of narrow bridges over a great depth. Maul falls down another shaft after he is hit by Obi-Wan.
    In AOTC Anakin jumps from the speeder at a great altitude above the streets of Coruscant.
    In ROTS height becomes a challenge once again when Anakin and Obi-Wan are inside the elevator shaft aboard Grievous' ship. Why does the ship need such a long elevator anyway? In fact, why does the DS need all those abysses/shafts? Mace apparently falls to his death as well! He is not directly killed by either Anakin or Sidious.
    I think the SW universe would be a nightmare for acrophobes like myself. :D
    I know dangerous heights exist in our world as well. But in SW there seem to be unnecessarily many, such as inside structures like the DS or the reactor on Theed.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    We know that some artificial gravity on Death Stars is aligned perpendicular to the core - anything in the equatorial trench, for example, since when the Falcon (in ANH) and shuttles (in RoTJ) land, they sit on the deck, and people walk on the deck, and "down" is not toward the core.

When fighter ships attack, they fly over the surface, and when shot down, the damaged ships fall toward the surface - so that artificial gravity is toward the core - just, not the artificial gravity in the equatorial trench landing bays.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    More of a technical question than anything story related, but why are the deleted scenes from the original trilogy so low quality? Lots of fuzz and noise and the like, while the movies themselves look pretty pristine. Is it just that they declined to restore the scenes up to the same standard as the movies? The few deleted scenes reincorporated into the Special Editions look fine (Jabba in ANH, meeting Biggs), so why is it just the rest that aren't up to scratch?

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  15. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Personally, I'd have called them "X-foils".

16. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    One of my theories is that he himself doesn't know. He was found as a baby or toddler on a ship, at a spaceport, on Coruscant or something. His planet must be somewhere in the uncharted regions and nobody has encountered others of his kind.

Yaddle being around kind of throws a wrench into this, unless she was found too. Maybe with Yoda :p

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Yoda not knowing-I am not sure. Even if Yoda did not actually know where he was born, he seems to be the type who would try to discover it over his long lifespan.

18. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    What’s the number of the AOTC scene in which Anakin confesses to Padmé about what he did to the Tusken? I mean, the duel between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan in ANH is Scene 38. But what’s the number of this scene? Also, what’s the number of the scene where Leia kisses Luke to make Han jealous? And what’s the number of the ROTJ scene in wich they placed “JediRocks” in the Special Editions?

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm going to assume that you're referring to the chapters:

The Emotional Jedi likes this.
  20. CloneBlooper

Dec 20, 2002
    I’ve been thinking about this, and I’ve decided that Yoda and his ilk are some kind of fungus that sprout up in random locations throughout the galaxy. If a passer-by should pick said fungus and carefully cultivate it over a number years, they then (the fungus) slowly turn into a baby Yoda.

[​IMG]

Case closed.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  21. The Emotional Jedi

May 18, 2021
    Is the Yoda/Dooku duel on Geonosis mentioned in any books or comics belonging to the old Clone Wars Multimedia Project?

I ask this question because I'm creating my own AOTC fan edit, and I've cut that duel from the film. I don’t exactly remember all the details from the books and comics, because since I don't own them in paper form then I don’t have a chance to go and check on them whenever I want, but I want my edit to contradict as few things as possible from the old Expanded Universe. So, I need someone to refresh my memory.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But why?

23. The Emotional Jedi

May 18, 2021
    I appreciate that duel, but I like more the idea that Yoda only fought once in all six films, that is, against Darth Sidious in Revenge of the Sith.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  24. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I sort of agree with this in that you are preserving the mystique of Yoda. But you could say the same thing about Anakin or Obi Wan as well.

25. TFWBWYA

TFWBWYA Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2022
    What is with Star Wars and losing limbs ? I've never gotten a good answer for this. And I've always wondered about it.