main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Now this is something that certainly interests me. Care to elaborate please :)

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I know it's different continuities, but I still can't help but wonder if this would've finally been that Red Squadron at Endor flight roster...

Jeff_Ferguson and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. QuinlanSolo

QuinlanSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2019
    A really minor, pedantic question: was there a question of whether to date these to 1 ABY or 2 ABY? I know Ultimate SW (New ed.) already placed these in 1 ABY, but Marvel Darth Vader (2017) #13 seems to take place in 18 BBY (a year after the declaration of the New Order), and Marvel Star Wars (2015) #45 says it takes place 20 years later (so 2 ABY). I assume 20 years is being taken as an approximation; I just tend to look for OneCanon timeline room wherever I can find it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I see Jason is back on the official website with a Toy Story!

5. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Mutiny on Mon Cala has recently been dated to 19 AFE (After the Formation of the Empire) by Battles That Changed The Galaxy, with Mako-Ta dated to 20 AFE. Converting to BBY / ABY, the Mon Cala story definitely happens in 0 ABY, which likely places Mako-Ta in 1 ABY, corresponding with Ultimate Star Wars (keep in mind there's a gap of several months between the Mon Cala story and Mako-Ta, per Star Wars (2015) #49).

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  6. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I am back! Fun to tell that story. Here's the link if you wanna.

7. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    @jasonfry I don't know if this is something you can answer or if it would be a question for Daniel Wallace since you both wrote The Essential Atlas. But in the Atlas (in The Corporate Sector section on pg.164), it is mentioned that Orman Tagge was Baron when he broke with the Trade Federation around the Invasion of Naboo (which would be 32 BBY). However, Orman Tagge is supposed to have been in his teens during the Clone Wars which is ten years later, meaning Orman would have been only a child. Was this just an error, was this Orman Tagge supposed to be different from the one we know, or is Orman Tagge just a child prodigy?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    darthosaka likes this.
  8. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Sounds like a mistake. Funny, I don't remember that one ever coming up.

Kadar Ordo and darthosaka like this.
  9. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Maybe it's supposed to be Orman Tagge, Sr.? Who died shortly afterwards and his wife took over as head of the Tagge family?

jasonfry and darthosaka like this.
  10. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Sure. I dunno. Maybe. Why not? Sorry, this many years later, a Legends retcon would make my brain explode. I still have the scars from trying to make Dark Empire and the Bantam/Del Rey Legends program fit together in any kind of way that made sense. (Short answer: Not possible.)

Honestly, still kind of amazed we never got yelled at for this mistake. Which probably means we did, a lot, and I've blocked it out.

11. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Not much of a mistake. Just a slight...oversight that creates a new character to fit the timeline ;) I have no problem with that.

To bring up Dark Empire, did you ever come up with a timeline for it? Like how long after the Battle of Bilbringi (The Last Command) and Ciutric Hegemony campaign (Isard's Revenge) did the Clone Emperor launch the assault on the New Republic? And how long did the events of Dark Empire / II / Empire's End / Crimson Empire comics last? And when did the Jedi Academy trilogy begin in 11 ABY? I'm a timeline nut.

Sinrebirth and darthosaka like this.
  12. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    3 ABY-18 ABY Stuff happens that doesn't really fit with other stuff

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  13. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    I've got you there, if you like. Isard's Revenge begins with the battle of Bilbringi from The Last Command. It spans roughly four months duration, from the dialogue and mention of weeks in it, and sees the whole campaign against Delak Krennel play out. At the end, Garm Bel Iblis is at the victory celebration, which implies Coruscant has yet to be attacked. He also leads part of the defence in the short story Retreat from Coruscant, as I recall, so that must take place later. Leia may become pregnant before or after this, around that time.

In Dark Empire 1, months have passed, the NR has retreated from the Core, and has already staged hit and run attacks with captured ISDs. Luke went down with Lando and Wedge at Coruscant a week ago, on one failed raid. And the rest of the story details their rescue, then maybe three days (tops?) of battle at Calamari, simulataneous to Leia and Han trying to reach Luke on Byss.

Then in Dark Empire 2, more months pass, and Leia is six months pregnant. After the raid on Byss led by Lando, a time gap may occur whilst Leia and Han are hiding on New Alderaan. Then they fend off the Imperial acolytes and receive help from Lando, Wedge and maybe the Rogues, reuniting with them, and go to Nespis VIII, where Anakin Solo is born. We know from Ambush at Corellia, I think, that Anakin is 'a year and a half younger' than Jaina and Jacen, so that helps narrow things down.

And finally, in Empire's End, maybe a few weeks have passed, but then the rest of the story wraps up in about three days, whilst Umak Leth is fixing the Galaxy Gun. After that, the New Republic reconvenes on Onderon (per the old endnotes) and later stages an assault on the somewhat more weakly protected Coruscant, after that.

The Jedi Academy trilogy implies maybe six months have passed since then, during which Crimson Empire 1 (and maybe 2) occur. And then Wedge spends 4 months on Coruscant leading some reconstruction work, per I Jedi and a few other references. So that takes us well into 11 ABY (which may begin with Anakin's birth)

Then most of the Jedi Academy trilogy spans 10 weeks, per I Jedi (50 to 70 days) and then a few more months pass whilst Corran hunts Tavira and Mirax, which likely takes us into 12 ABY roughly. That's how I see it, anyway.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    18 months between Jaina & Jacen and Anakin works relatively well.

With their births in 44:8, that takes us to 46:4.

Which is 11 ABY at least.

If we think the entirety of Empire's End to JAT takes eight months, no harm.

Golbolco and darthosaka like this.
  15. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Jason, I have a question about The Bounty Hunter Code. The book has a couple references to Rozatta's, Jango's bounty broker from the Bounty Hunter game, still being in business in the Imperial era, even though its eponymous proprietor was apparently murdered by Montross during the game, which takes place shortly after TPM. Is this a retcon that she actually survived, an indication that someone else took over the business and continued to use the name, or simply an error?

darthosaka likes this.
  16. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I didn't work on that section, so afraid I can't help. Personally, I like the idea that the name stayed in use after the proprietor got gunned down.

17. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    Jason, can I ask a question about the cut content from Warfare that was published on the blog? At one point there's a mention of a (new?) character who is an extremely controversial author. It's said all his books are about depraved villains, with their crimes described in gruesome detail, and that there's a ton of in-universe debate about whether his books are condemning that sort of behavior, endorsing it, or just being gross for the sake of offending people for giggles.

Was the intent there to create a GFFA equivalent to the Marquis de Sade? Because... that pretty much exactly describes the reaction to his work IRL.

No problem if you can't remember, though.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Headsup, Galactic Starcruiser has a map in cabins that features amongst others Anaxes in the Core Worlds. Long live Anaxes, Defender of the Core!

19. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Huh.

darthosaka likes this.
  20. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Give me a little more detail, a screenshot, etc.? I know that material pretty well but can't recall what this was.

21. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    [​IMG]

actually, this Anaxes is in a wrong location too compared to Legends old one... so... 3 Anaxes now, eh?

2 in the Core, one in the Rim that got blown up?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    MercenaryAce and darthosaka like this.
  22. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    We are all Anaxes.

23. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    It's in part 3; the character is a Croke named Asenec.

MercenaryAce and darthosaka like this.
  24. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Ah. Must've been McEwok. Who should be askable....

darthosaka likes this.
  25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    NeoNewAnaxes