main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Owen Lars (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Man it’s great seeing him in this show. I heard he would be in it, but great to get the actor back

2. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Very accomplished actor too, this series could be bigger than Ben Hutt.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That is a very solemn look of solemnity from Lars.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Badass Owen Lars here we come, let Owen kill one Inquisitor.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That would be grand. Hope he does do some damage to the Empire wile protecting his family.

6. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It felt very surreal seeing Joel in costume again... and I was almost as excited at seeing Owen as I was Obi-Wan.... So much to take in, and so much to like...

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Having an inquisitor have a face off with Owen I think is too much,lol.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, she'd better have those units in the South Ridge repaired by midday, or there'll be hell to pay!

9. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Wouldnt surprise me if he went off on a random tangent like that with the kinda writing we been getting ,lol.

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    He'll probably convince her to leave behind her dark side ways, by offering her a job on the farm. That's how they diffuse a confrontation on Tatooine.

"Then you can work for me."

Mostly Handless, Sproj and wobbits like this.
  11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    stroke of good casting by Lucas when still an unknown. To have back and to be used more than in PT and a chance to play off dramatically could be exciting

12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    He's obviously going to call Obi-Wan a wizard before the series is over.

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Lots of crazy wizards on Tatooine coming and going and some staying, probably explains why that term is so popular there,lol.

14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Definitely good to see him back. Love the way he's staring down that Inquisitor.

15. Wu Wei Jedi

Wu Wei Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 8, 2021
    Good acting.Liked that scene immediatley.

16. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Young Luke will say Ben's 'wizard' and Owen's use of the word in the original film is a snarky callback :p

I can really see Phil Brown's Owen in that image of Joel's Owen glaring at Reva, which is a pleasant surprise. Very curious to get a better look at Beru.

Shaak Ti and Mostly Handless like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I think Uncle Owen should be the one to give Galen Erso the idea to place a fatal flaw in the Death Star reactor.

LedReader, Mostly Handless and Sproj like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Edgerton is a powerhouse of an actor. His recent performances in The King and The Green Knight are incredible. He’s going to bring a lot to this show.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I always recommend Warrior for a great Joel Edgarton performance. And he’s a dad there, great litmus for playing a parental figure.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Owen's going to have his hands full preventing that Luke from going on adventures, such as riding with the Mos Vespa crews, going off to the academy to become a pilot, killing womp rats in Beggar's Canyon, playing those wizard video games at Tosche Station, not to mention all that spice and deathsticks being so available.

Keeping Luke in line. An Inquisitor doesn't stand a chance against firepower of that magnitude.

Mostly Handless and MercenaryAce like this.
  21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I’m glad that Owen is back.

As a kid, I never really cared about the character. He was just kind of there at the beginning and had to die for Luke’s story to begin, and then I don’t recall him ever being mentioned again.

Now when I see characters like Spider-Man and how writers treat him and his relationship to Uncle Ben/Aunt May, it has started to retroactively bug me that the people that raised Luke have no impact on Luke’s life or journey.

I can’t speak to Joel Edgerton because Im not familiar with him outside of AOTC, but I hear many praise him as an actor. But I’m all for more Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, and I’d appreciate it if they got more posthumous nods post-ANH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valiowk, Shaak Ti and Mostly Handless like this.
  22. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    I wouldn’t mess around with Owen, he had that dark side look when the Jawas tried to push off R5 with a bad motivator.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Owen to blow some Tuskens away, he wants pay back for his stepmother...

Shaak Ti likes this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So an odd thought, but how far would Owen go to protect Luke from Inquisitors? Or Vader. People do things they would never think of before (betrayal etc) when backed up against a wall.

25. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I think he will make it his mission to lie as low as possible. To the extent of being slightly oppressive or overly-protective to Luke. Which probably helps keep Luke alive, but also away from crazy ol' wizards.

Tuskens? Probably keeps a safe distance too.