main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Kessel Run | 12 Weeks, 11 Writing Prompts, 1 Wild Fanfic Challenge | Thanks for a great Run!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ViariSkywalker , Jan 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
  3. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I am leaning towards something Studio Ghibli related for Week 9.

4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Ooh, this is a really interesting prompt! I don't know very much about poetry, but it is such a beautiful and unique form of writing and I'm excited to do some research into some of the different types. :D

I also have a quick question. Would it be okay to do a found poem for this (with credit given to whatever sources I'd pull from, of course) or should it be something completely original?

5. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Hey, I'm over here trying to write an acrostic sonnet, thank you very much. [face_not_talking]

To be consistent with the rest of the challenge, the poem should be completely original. (I do think found poems are very cool, though, and if you wanted to do one as a bonus unofficial entry - maybe during Week 11? - that would be more than fine! ;))

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I think you complicated that one all by yourself. [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

Still, you may have a point. Good luck, you absolute madwoman, you! ;) [:D]

And good luck to everyone! It's beyond awesome, the quality storytelling that this challenge continues to inspire! =D=

7. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Not gonna lie, I sort of wanted to tear my hair out there for a little while, but I managed to finish something... [face_whistling] [face_batting]

My Week 9: "From Lonely Moon, to Lovely Sun"

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  8. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Of course it's on poetry week that you finish your own prompt in - what, twelve hours? You epic show-off, you :p

9. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    [face_whistling] [face_batting]

10. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    I can hardly believe it myself, but week nine (aka Gabri looks up the actual mechanics of blank verse for the first time in her life and discovers the allure of iambic pentameter, and not just because it's fun to say) is up: Restoration

11. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A poem from a 9 year old daughter for her father in Daddy day that includes some of the Dunai elder language with a translation in basic from Tarko

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
  14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Here is my week 9 poem—an ancient Lasat hymn to the Warrior, Child, and Fool, to which Shulma added something of her very own:

Song to the Four

15. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Week 9. And now for something completely different.... Death Star.

16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    So had to draw the get out of jail free card this week... and wrote a story of my characters in a Wild West Setting:
    The Magnificent Seven (Minus Two)

That said, if the run where to happen again next year... this might be a prompt to change, as at least in my opinion its extremly difficult to create poetry as a non native speaker... Though I might be alone with that.

17. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Hi Anedon! So the "get out of jail free" prompt has to follow specific guidelines as well. Per the original post:

You still have time to write an entry that fulfills this prompt, or if you would like to take the bye week and give yourself an extra couple weeks to try the poetry again, you could also do that. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

18. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I will post my poem tomorrow.

19. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Must have overlooked that.

Here is now my actual entry for this week:
    Dear Mom

Keeping the cowgirl story as a bonus Episode of sorts...

20. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Well, it's Monday again, and we've reached our very last secret prompt! I know poetry week was pretty challenging (and you still have until tonight at 11:59 EST to get those poems posted), but you guys really rose to the challenge! With that said, here is your final secret prompt...

* * Week 10 * *

• Write a story between 100 and 400 words, and include these three words: galvanize, cavalier, adversary
    • Word limit = 100-400 words
    • Entries due Monday, March 21st at 11:59pm EST

Your entries are due one week from today! A few other notes: for those of you who have utilized the "bye week" option, Week 11 will be your last chance to post those fics, and then your long vignettes are due at the end of Week 12, which is Monday, April 4th. I will post reminders about these the next couple Mondays as well.

If you have any questions about this week's prompt or about the remainder of the Kessel Run, don't hesitate to ask here or shoot me a PM! Happy writing, everyone! [face_dancing]

~~

21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
  22. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
  23. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Week 10 is finished: Testy

24. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
  25. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I don't know if I'll be able to do the long vignette (2000 words is about 1500 words past my limit, it seems :p) so I just wanted to pop in here now to say a big thank you to @ViariSkywalker for hosting this wonderful, creative challenge and coming up with all these awesome prompts! I honestly didn't think I'd get past the first week or two but I managed to do something for all 10 and that's a lot more writing than I've done in a long time. So, once again, thank you @ViariSkywalker! :)

A big round of applause and congratulations to all the other participants as well! Whether you made it through one week or all of them, you wrote something that didn't exist before and that's an accomplishment. Way to go! =D=:)