main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Cad Bane in TBOBF (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DannyD, Feb 2, 2022.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Agreed. I would've liked for him to have more of a role in the series-or perhaps just not kill him off yet. It really seemed like a waste-just having Bane show up for a couple brief showdowns and stare-offs and that's it. He's gone. Dead, after all we'd seen from him before the days of the Empire. I mean, where was he all this time? What has he been up to? Dont just show him in like two scenes just to kill him...

TaradosGon, Sproj and Darkslayer like this.
  2. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    This is well done:

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I’m clinging on to that blinking light as my ray of hope here, lol.

DARTH_BELO and Sproj like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am someone who wants him dead as I am tired of people coming back. But even I think he’s alive at this point

Django Fett, Darkslayer and Lomer2012 like this.
  5. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    Yes, these constant resurrections are so boring and banal at that stage. My only reason for believing/hoping that he will not come back is that I don't see how they can come up with a better death scene. After all he was killed by a legend he himself helped create: his former protégée that happens to be the son of his former mentor. How can you realistically beat this? He is absolutely not suited for redemption nor has he another nemesis at that level (after that deaths of Obi-Wan and Anakin). Ahsoka has some history with him, true, but such a confrontation will still be less emotionally charged; plus Bane's battles with the Jedi are better suited for animation format (the flying boots will look ridiculous in live action). Maybe Omega can play this role, especially if Bane manages to get his revenge on Boba. I am not counting Hunter since, even if he is alive, he will be ancient and barely able to move by that time.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Go back in time with Cad Bane before book of boba fett, he is in his eatly to mid 70's by now. Old ranger.

7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think the blinking light was there in case they decide to bring him back. But for now. i think the intention is that Boba killed him. Like they probably wanted back in Clone Wars.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  8. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I think he's dead, but fully expect to see him again in Bad Batch or even one of the other love action series set earlier. I still think we'll see the Fett and Bane duel from the Clone Wars unfinished arc at some point too.

9. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I love them love action tv shows :p

10. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    "Love action"? I've been gone a week and Star Wars has gone in a completely different direction...

11. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    ^

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Cad Bane's lived longer then most characters in the Galaxy, only few like Dooku and Palpatine surpass him in that area.

TadoFett likes this.
  13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If he is alive I only hope they never try and make him a good guy!!!

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Star Wars is all about redemption.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But not all characters get redeemed like Palpatine, Maul and Jabba. Cad Bane is such character. He would kill children if the pay was good.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    Lomer2012 and Darkslayer like this.
  16. Lomer2012

Dec 23, 2016
    I agree that he is not suited for redemption, but he still had some semblance of a twisted honor code. For instance, as a matter of principle, he didn't allow Moralo Eval to murder the disguised Obi-Wan (as Rako Hardeen) by changing the announced rules of the survivor game.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Movies about rebellions are built on hope.

Sarge likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The only character who I think was not redeemable was palpatine

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    A near naked Boba Fett can survive getting brutalized, electro spiked knuckled punched to the skull, bitten and back broken by a ovegrown wookie. Then same Wookie survives multiple stab wounds. Poor Cad got the crap end of the gaffi stick by the writers,lol.

Lomer2012 likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He’s also old. We can say whatever we like about alien biology but the opposite can be just as true we have no idea

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn’t say Maul was completely irredeemable. His perspective is warped by a lifetime of being under Palpatine’s tutelage but in the end he definitely seems genuine in his desire to see Palpatine defeated.

“Is he the Chosen One?”

“He is.”

“He will avenge us.”

In his dying moments I think he comes to recognize that Palpatine betrayed both him and the Jedi and he holds onto the hope that the Jedi Chosen One will defeat him. So I think he got a small measure of redemption in those final moments. As much as Maul is capable of it.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Maul is not irredeemable, no one is, but if you try that it just won’t work. George wrote Qui-Gon to be the most likable in TPM and Maul killed him. And Maul killed Obi-Wan’s love interest when both were unarmed in cold blood. So while he does have human qualities like his love for Savage, it would be a very tough sell to the audience.

Count Yubnub and Vasco_Rojo like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am like 99% sure palpatine was not reedamble

clone commander bossk likes this.
  24. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Still. 1%...

25. Lomer2012

Dec 23, 2016
    Well, they did redeem Vader (killed hundreds of Jedi, including children and his teacher, cut his son's hand and delivered him to the Emperor, was part of group that supported blowing up Alderaan) and Kylo Ren (killed his father, tried to kill his uncle (he didn't know that he was fighting a force projection), tried to destroy his mother's organization, killed Lor San Tekka, an old family friend, and supported blowing up the Hosnian system). Maul is a modest villain compared with them (he had much less impressive murder count and he genuinely cared about his mother and his brother and even had a soft spot for old man Palpatine). However, he was not part of the privileged Skywalker bloodline and so drew the short straw:).

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.