main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Which Star Wars works will you be revisiting to get ready for Kenobi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Glitterstimm, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Movies, tv shows, books, comics, games, there’s no shortage of interesting material to get ready for Obi-wan and Anakin/Vader’s return to live action. What will you be getting into?

I’ll be rewatching some of my favorite TCW arcs, but I don’t think I’ve got the stamina for a full series binge. Tarkovsky’s Clone Wars might be on the menu though, in some ways I like it even more than Filoni’s. Might try to get an old copy of TPM’s novelization to read through, I love that one, might pick up AOTC and ROTS as well. And I’ll be watching the PT of course.

Any recommendations for comics that might be interesting? Whether new or Dark Horse? I’ve read the comics adaptations of the PT, and some of the new Vader ones, but not much else that’s immediately relevant.

2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    There was a Legends (Dark Horse) comic series that was a "journal of Obi-Wan on Tatooine" thing that I might try and dig out for a re-read. It was set between ROTS and ANH and might have some interesting comparisons/links with the new series.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    CampOfSorgan and Glitterstimm like this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    They're from the canon Marvel line. They were quite early on in the ongoing Star Wars comic series.

At least I think so?

Wu Wei Jedi and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’ll definitely watch the PT right before it’s released. While it’s not a revisit I’d also like to read the Brotherhood novel.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is most likely the extent of what I'll do. Maybe play through Fallen Order, what with the whole Inquisitor storyline (as if I'd need an excuse to play that again. :p ).

6. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I could be remembering them wrong. They could indeed be early in the Marvel line. In which case, definitely worth a re-read. :)

7. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    I’ve played through Fallen Order twice, so not feeling an urgent need to revisit it even though it was an Inquisitor-heavy ballad. Although after playing Sekiro, I wonder if I could blaze through it speedrun-style, running past minor enemies is very doable. [face_thinking]

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd like to think that Filoni would be taking TCW into the mix as well as the PT movies.

All I'm asking for is a name-drop by either Hayden or Ewan and I'll be satisfied.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  9. Wu Wei Jedi

Wu Wei Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 8, 2021
    Darth Vader Marvel canon series 1 - 25.

10. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I have A LOT to catch up on. For the most part, I stopped following Star Wars after ROTS (is that abbreviation still used anymore? Lol.)

But I’m thinking ROTS and ANH since the series takes place between those film episodes.

11. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm hoping to finish up my re-watch of TCW and watch RotS before Kenobi.

12. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Will rewatch the PT & some good TCW eps featuring Kenobi.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm definitely redoing the maze on the back of the C3POs Cereal box.

14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    My plan is to marathon the PT on May the 4th and Revenge of the 5th, but apart from that I'll just be replaying the new Lego Star Wars game over and over.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    PT rewatch definitely.

And I was also thinking of a Kenobi-centric TCW arc but all I can think of is the one where Obi-Wan is cosplaying as a bounty hunter and his face-off with Maul episodes. I can't think of anything other really Kenobi-heavy in TCW. I mean, he's in it a lot but which ones where he's the star and central to his character arc.

16. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    The Zygerrian storyline in season 4 is pretty good, but Obi-wan is mostly playing second fiddle to Anakin, as usual.

CampOfSorgan and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    There's the Mandalore arc in the second season. I always liked Obi-Wan's relationship with Satine. It's quite possible that it'll be referenced in OWK.

18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    This is so wizard, Chorus. I'm sure you'll do it this time.

Finish the maze, of course.

19. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    I think I am just going to re-visit Episode III from Mustafar on. I think I'll be fine with that.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  20. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    If not a whole PT rewatch it will definitely be ROTS just before the first two episodes of Kenobi air.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Given that Mace Windu will be turning up in the show, I am watching all of Samuel Jackson’s movies in preparation. Can’t wait.

22. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Some good ones in there:

Snokes on a Plane
    Captain Plasvel
    Shaakti Brown
    Sci-ulp Fiction
    Coach Windu
    The Long Drop Goodnight
    Shafts
    X6X6X
    Kill Jedi: Volume 2
    Baskar Man
    Windu Unhinged
    The Hateful Sheev
    Vong: Skull Island
    Avengers: Order 66
    Hitman's Wife's Jedi
    Windu Glass

23. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Watching the PT (all 3 but extra emphasis on AOTC and ROTS for both Ewan and Hayden), and Lego SW free roaming the PT era

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    None.

This show is going to be written so that it's accessible to mainstream audiences who haven't seen anything with OWK in decades. That is the way of things, the way of Disney. And if I have all the traditional OWK canon fresh in my mind, every little detail in the new stories that doesn't match perfectly with the old stories will jump out at me and annoy me. It's better to go in with no preconceptions or prejudices. Let it tell its own story without it being tied down to what came before.

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    This is the way.

Darth Dnej, CampOfSorgan and Sarge like this.