main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Before the Saga She Said the Word (2022 FanFic Winter Olympics) Obi-Wan & Satine Triathlon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Mar 18, 2022.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Title: She Said the Word
    Co-Author(s):
    N/A
    Timeframe: 39 BBY-19 BBY
    Genre: Drama, Angst, Romance
    Canonicity: AU
    Type: Multiple One-shots
    Character(s): Obi-Wan Kenobi, Satine Kryze, Korkie Kryze, Anakin Skywalker
    Summary: Satine survives Maul’s attack and finally says the word to Obi-Wan
    Last Updated:
    March 2022
    Other Relevant Information: These stories were written for the awesome 2022 Fanfiction Winter Olympics, hosted by the always amazing @devilinthedetails
    Download Link(s): Coming by end of 2023
    Disclaimer: Star Wars was created by George Lucas. LucasFilm Ltd. and all its content are currently owned and distributed by the Walt Disney Company. No copyright infringement is intended.

/////

Selected Triathlon Events are:

1. 500 Word Speed Skate: A 500-word story featuring your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme
    2. Fantastical Free Skate: A 430-word story featuring your character, couple, family or friendship that contains a fantastical element
    3. Single Sentence Ski Jumping: A story starring your character, couple, family or friendship told in a single sentence

Index of Triathlon Events

I. How Can I Live / Single Sentence Ski Jumping | 39 BBY

II. He Said Yes / 500 Word Speed Skate | 19 BBY

III. New Beginnings / Fantastical Freek Skate | 19 BBY

/////

Title: How Can I Live
    Co-Authors: N/A
    Timeframe: 39 BBY
    Genre: Angst?
    Canonicity:
    AU
    Type: Single-sentence
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi (not mentioned by name), Satine Kryze (not mentioned by name)
    Summary: Obi-Wan imagines having to live without Satine
    Last updated: March 2022
    Other Relevant Information: For How Can I Live, I chose the Single Sentence Ski Jumping, which was to write a story starring your character, couple, family, or friendship told in a single sentence.

/////

How Can I Live / Single Sentence Ski Jumping | 39 BBY

Try as he might, he’d never been able to imagine his life without the Jedi until the moment came when he was forced to imagine his life without her.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024 at 10:35 PM
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a difficult decision for him

JediMaster_Jen and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I do hope you go for more fanfics with those two characters... [face_praying]

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  4. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Very much so. Thanks for reading. :)

I have written one other with them. Kinda sad, though. Thank you for reading. :)

5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    You had me with "Obi-Wan/Satine". :D

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  6. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    :D Yeah, I love them too.

Title: He Said Yes
    Timeframe: 19 BBY
    Genre: Romance, a bit of Drama
    Type: Short, Series
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Satine Kryze, Anakin Skywalker
    Summary: Obi-Wan makes his choice and goes to Satine on Mandalore
    Other relevant information: For He Said Yes, I chose the 500 Word Speed Skate, which was to write a 500 word story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship with any theme.

/////

He Said Yes
    / 500 Word Speed Skate | 19 BBY

AU in that Satine survives rather than being killed by Maul, who was in turn killed by Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan and Anakin had not been back on Coruscant for very long when the communication had come through. Anakin had been in the room when his former master had activated the message and Satine’s face had appeared before them.

”Obi-Wan, I did not ask you when you and Master Qui-Gon protected me all those years ago. I was too prideful then and too sure I did not need anyone. Weeks ago, I again watched you walk away, your words ringing in my ears that had I asked, you would have stayed.”

Anakin’s ears perked up at that. He stared at his friend, unsurprised when Obi-Wan didn’t meet his gaze.

”I’m asking now, my love. I need you.”

Anakin grinned while Obi-Wan’s eyes were still glued to Satine’s face.

“Shall I help you pack, Master?” he questioned the older man.

His words stirred Obi-Wan from his stupor. He turned to face Anakin and spoke softly.

“Why would I need to pack?” he questioned.

Anakin frowned. “Well…you are going to her, right?”

Obi-Wan shut down the message and sat down on the couch. He ran his hands through his hair as Anakin sat beside him.

“I want to,” Obi-Wan revealed in an anguished voice. “I…”

“You love her,” Anakin finished for him. “Yeah, I know. Obi-Wan…go. You’ve served the Jedi your entire life. Perhaps it’s time for you now, to do something for you.”

Obi-Wan pondered the words as Anakin left. He slid to his knees and meditated and hours later, he found himself standing before his fellow council members explaining why he had chosen to leave the Jedi Order and join Satine on Mandalore.

Satine was awaiting Obi-Wan’s arrival, her regal bearing and impassive face belying the anticipation she felt at seeing her love again after only a few weeks. She hadn’t truly believed that he would come to her; would not believe it fully until she saw him.

The ship descended slowly, touching down gently in front of the palace. As the ramp opened and she saw Obi-Wan revealed, she was stunned by his appearance. He was not in clone armor nor was he clothed in standard issue Jedi apparel. He wore simple trousers and a blue shirt which brought out the color of his crystal-clear blue eyes. She noticed the lightsaber dangling from his belt as well.

As he approached, her guards moved back.

“Satine,” his cultured voice called her name softly.

She smiled brilliantly as her hands came up to cradle his cheeks. “You shaved.”

He retuned her smile with a roguish grin of his own. “I could not deprive you of my handsome face, my dear.”

In front of her guards, Satine pulled Obi-Wan’s head down and connected their lips in the first kiss they’d shared since they were teenagers.

“Mother!” a voice sounded from behind the couple.

Obi-Wan pulled back from Satine but kept his arms around her waist as she turned in his embrace.

The moment his eyes landed on the running Korkie Kryze, his gaze drifted to her face.

“Did he just call you…mother?”

Last edited: May 6, 2023
    Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  7. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    With minutes to spare, here is the conclusion to my triathlon.

Title: New Beginnings
    Timeframe: 19 BBY
    Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst
    Type: Short, Series
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Satine Kryze, Korkie Kryze
    Summary: After reuniting with Satine, Obi-Wan discovers she hid their son from him
    Other relevant information: For New Beginnings, I chose the Fantastical Free Skate, which was to write a 430 word story featuring your character, couple, family, or friendship that contains a fantastical element.

/////

New Beginnings
    / Fantastical Free Skate | 19 BBY

“I believed you knew…”

“How could I have known?!” Obi-Wan yelled as he whirled around to face her. “You…why didn’t you tell me?”

Her own anger rising, Satine yelled back. “I did tell you! You didn’t care!”

He frowned. “What do you mean you told me?”

Satine sat down on a bench overlooking the gardens and sighed. “When I discovered my pregnancy, I sent a message to the Jedi Temple for you. When weeks went by and there was no answer, I…”

Obi-Wan sat down beside her and took her hands in his. “Satine, I never received a message. If I had, I would have been here for you.”

Tears gathered in her eyes. “You…you really didn’t know?”

He held her face in his hands, forcing her eyes to meet his. “I swear to you, I did not know. I don’t know what happened to your message, but I never received it. Qui-Gon knew how I felt about you. I imagine he or Master Yoda intercepted your message and never told me.”

“Would Qui-Gon…would he have really done that to you?” she questioned. “I got the impression that he loved you like a son. Would he have so callously kept you from your own?”

His smiled when he caught sight of Korkie. He wondered how he could have missed the resemblance.

“Mother, Fa…Obi-Wan,” Korkie stammered his greeting. “Mother, you have communique from Aunt Bo.”

Satine stood and headed inside while Obi-Wan stood and placed a hand on his son’s shoulder.

“You can call me Father, if you wish,” he told the young man.

Korkie grinned as he replied. “I didn’t know if you’d…I did not want to make you uncomfortable. But, I would like to call you Father.”

Months later, Oni-Wan was awakened in the middle of the night by the sound of Satine retching in the fresher. He climbed from bed and walked into the room and knelt behind her, softly rubbing her back.

“Darling, you’ve been sick for weeks now,” he pleaded with her. “Don’t you think it’s time to see a healer?”

“I’m not sick, my love,” she told him softly. “I’ve already seen a healer. I wanted to wait to tell you on your birthday.”

“Tell me what?” he questioned; helping her back to their bed.

She took his hand in hers and rested it against her abdomen.

“You’re going to be a father again,” she revealed softly.

Obi-Wan’s smile could have lit the palace for months. He kissed her softly and wondered at how his life had managed to become exactly what he wanted.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great triatlon with a very nice outcome for Obi-Wan and Satine. Leaving the Jedi was the right thing to do.
    I love how you described their relation and becoming a couple with children

Kahara and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Have I mentioned I ship Obitine? Also, Korkie Kryze is absolutely a Kenobi. I will die on this hill.

Kahara and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thank you! I felt like it was the right decision for him. :) Thanks for reading.

I'll join you on that hill. LOL. Thanks for reading. :)

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! I am so happy I came in to read this. I love that Anakin encouraged Obi-Wan not to miss his chance with Satine. Their reunion and sequel was delightful. They're a family and it's growing. [face_mischief]