main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Rangers of the New Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 10, 2020.

1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    So...

I guess there's never going to be a revival and most of this stuff will only be used piecemeal over the course of several shows?

Sorry, just catching up on the, err, "status" of this show.

2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Unless Gina somehow gets uncancelled, it's probably dead.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Cobb Vanth series.

4. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Lucky for Cobb, Boba took Cad Bane out.

5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well it's a good thing you aren't the majority of Star Wars fandom now

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Mando plus will adress this show if it becomes part of Mandalorian seasons 3 and 4 or if it will become something else

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Gina’s barely even an actor. There’s little good reason to base the fate of a show on the social media fate of an MMA fighter.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  9. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    Kind of glad that Carano revealed herself to be a total nutjob, we really dodged a Cara Dune spinoff-shaped bullet there.

The Chalk Jedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I toss that into the not happening bin

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I can't even fathom how bad a show with Carano as the lead would've been. She objectively cannot act.

That said, it's never been confirmed that she was the main character in the planned show. It may be that Cobb Vanth was central to it from the beginning, and that Cara Dune would've simply been part of the "Rangers" crew.

12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    What has been confirmed;

'Rangers of the New Republic
    Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, this new live-action series from executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni will intersect with future stories and culminate into a climactic story event.'

That's it. Nothing else.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm not sure how they can transfer ideas for this over to TM in the latter episodes of season 3 and the seasons that follow. The seem to be two contrasting stories, one set within the world of the Mandalorians and their desire to return home to reclaim their system and the other a group of law enforcers in the vacuum of what was once the Empire. May be it's as simple as any Cobb Vanth stories... but that's it because any future participation by GC seems dead in the water.

14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Simple really - have the Manadalorians team up with the New Republic.

The NR did get a big increase in presence in the second season over the first, establishing that the NR is actively expanding in the ring and investigating everything related to Gideon's imperial operation.

I could easily see that continue with the New Republic rangers in the rim and the Mandalorians increasingly working together against remaining imperial forces, and thus the major metaplot points of RotNR being folded into the Mandalorian, though naturally one would lose the difference in perspective and whatever characters the show would have introduced, except perhaps one or two of the most important ones,

Agreed. I have my frustrations with that show, but that was in part because it was close to greatness. Just some more narrative focus, and more episodes directed by Bryce Howard and less by Robert Rodriguez, would have gone a long way.

Cos Palpatine likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Cobb Vanth vould join a new republic takk force and help clean out crime syndicates and imperial holdouts. Gideon will scenes with new republic in Mandalorian season 3. Recast Cara Dune if you must.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    Sproj likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I really like the idea of the New Republic assisting in the retaking of Mandalore.

17. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I will say it again, I liked Cara Dune.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So did I. But I’m also totally okay with the actress being dropped for her awful views.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Awful views, awful acting. That doesn’t mean she wasn’t likable in the show. She was. But she can be likable while still being a bad actor.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope they find a way to do this show or make a replacement, about the new republic. lets see the start of a corrupt republic and senate.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d rather see a New Republic that works for a while. As a vindication for the heroism in the OT. Including by helping to bring justice back to the Mandalorians. The corruption plot-line can start later, in the Bloodline timeline. Not least as I think we need stories about democracy working right now.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah I think since its already corrupt by Bloodline, we can start to see it with hints of with some officials.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, but I'd like to see the heroic aspects of it more at first.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think you can still have that with some shady officials.

25. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Not even sure if this is still in production. Either way, it's hard to get invested in it with the lack of details about its premise.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think it would have made more sense for Cobb to become the Daimyo of Tatooine.

clone commander bossk and Sarge like this.