main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Mods (Mos Vespas Ride Or Die) Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Pro Scoundrel , Feb 20, 2022.

?

Favorite Mod?

1. Red Mod

2. Blue Mod

3. Green Mod

4. Yellow Mod

5. Thundercat

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yeah I didn't like them because they felt like modern teenagers cosplaying Star Trek and ending up in Star Wars. But you know what, I also really liked the cheesy slow chase, I thought it was so bad it was great. Also, I don't mind story tellers taking risks, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Hopefully more work than don't.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    What a horrible group of misfits. I think the director was attempting Alita Battle Angel and trying to be Star Wars cool with a throwback to racing, like a nugget for George to swallow. They're so dumb looking and acting and not to mention so outve place for a hostile environment desert planet with two suns its not even funny. Half the time this show doesnt even try to take their planet they're on seriously. They have a fetish for cybernetic parts, and the dude they went to to have it done is like a filthy tattoo artist. The whole thing with Fennec somehow surviving after Djarin pronounced her dead at the scene and Boba bringing her to this guy on an alien camel creature journey and somehow she dont even die or even die of infection on that operating table is equally dumb.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I guess you think Luke getting a replacement hand as realistic as his own or Anakin surviving being roasted alive or Darth Maul surviving being dissected as dumb?

These films/tv require the audience to believe such things...

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well no, their (Luke, Anakin and Maul) battle injuries and prosthetics is not the same thing as the fetish mods they do on their own bodies to "enhance" themselves. Deliberate mod was something Grievous had done to himself , to make himself "better" on kinda equal footing as a Force user(in his mind). Remember both Maul and Anakin despised Grievous for being a mechanical monstrosity. Kenobi looked disdainfully down upon Vader as more "machine than man" . Jedi and Sith Lords like Maul and Vader did not like their own cybernetics they were forced to use(but they made the best of it) - and Luke was deadly afraid of turning into one like his old man . Fennec's survival and operation is just out there.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I was referring to what you said about Fennec. Fennec is as near to Anakin/Vader as you can get, Obi-Wan left Anakin for dead, Palps arrived and salvaged a barely alive Anakin. The same happened with Fennec although the injuries were different. Fennec's injuries were more similar to Maul in that there wasn't any loss of blood that would lead to imminent death, the wound would be cauterized and there wouldn't be any danger of infection.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That was as dumb as SW gets, which is a pretty high bar to clear.

Cos Palpatine likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Here's a chilling thought: the Mos Vespas were all alive and well at the end of TBOBF, and potentially available for another series.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Except in slow motion.

EHT likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I have negative zero problems with more Drash, please

[​IMG]

Glitterstimm likes this.
  12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The biggest problem was how rubbish their body mods were; stiletto heels, inbuilt cigarette lighters, clumsy replacement eyes and a mechanical arm that is still joined to the natural hand would have Bond's Q peeing his pants with laughter.

EHT, Bor Mullet and Sproj like this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    what you don't want a mechanical forearm? more power behind the human hand, yo!

14. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Here's a thought, I guess they would love Luke 'I-have-a-robot-hand' Skywalker. In fact, imagine if Darth Vader (albeit it only in ghost form now) came along!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Big difference being Luke and Anakin didn't volunteer to be de-limbed and Luke's hand (certainly when new) was indistinguishable from the real thing.

Only thing it's good for is a slight advantage in arm wrestling competitions.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    And making the pimp hand strong.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe Drash was the leader in Mos Espa of both those things and wanted to get it reinforced, works for me.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  18. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Maybe the arm implant meant she could give even higher high 5s or reach the top shelf in the library.

As daft as the Vespa chase was, I kinda liked the inclusion of these characters and the rebellious, techno-mod cyberpunk vibe they brought in.

Thank heavens Luke was cosseted away as a moisture farmer during his teenage years though. He might've ended up more mod'ed than his Dad by the time they met.

19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Off topic but when I see comments like this I always have to do mental arithmetic to work out where the discussed characters are in the timeline. The big problem is that places like Tatooine have not changed one bit in the last 70 years so there's no visual clues.

20. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    True. Nor are they homogenous.

(My quoted comment was light-hearted).

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The chase scene reminded me of the wacky comedy chase movies from the 70s ala Blues Brothers which I am pretty sure was intentional

22. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

Breaking news, crossover mod from another Disney project confirmed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The biggest complaint is about the speed of the scooters and their stilted way of moving, pretty sure that's bad FX and not intentional. Nothing else much wrong with the chase, just another one in a long line of chase sequences.

24. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I felt maybe they could have worked on a colorful place like Coruscant. And if they were made to look grittier and less goofy. But Tatooine is an earth toned desert world with American Western and Middle Eastern influences. Bright colored, high tech, and immaculate is inherently going to look out of place in a world that looks like it it would fry electronics and scratch paint every daily dust storm. Phantom menace pod racers look perfect for Tatooine- high tech but in a diesel punk and study way that doesn’t look out of place with its world.

Riv_Shiel and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Other than it's general goofiness. They should have just played the Sabre Dance and been done with it.