main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Mortis Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by I know, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If you had read my comment, you'd see that I explained why it has no relevancy. Not only it has nothing to do with Mortis but it's an opinion based on a premise that Lucas never supported or corroborated.

2. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I did. And I disagreed with it. But I agree it’s a tangential argument not directly relevant to Mortis. But I think both it and Mortis are emblematic of an issue I have with Star Wars in that it seems to present the Jedi and the Force as some profound morally rooted ideology that has something to say to its audience when it often comes across as muddled and confused. Like what message are you trying to say when you have Mortis go into chaos when good and evil are not balanced against each other with a central figure. If the Daughter is good, why would the Father or Anakin need to be there to hold her in check?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Frankly, I've never had a problem with the Mortis arc. There are many ways to view the Force, and the Father, the Son, and the Daughter were intriguing characters. Plus, I like how Luke and Darth Krayt eventually confront Abeloth, and so the Mortis arc is a good set-up for that.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The Mortis arc along with Yoda's force journey arc is probably the most important ones of the clone Wars. One explains how one can become a force ghost. The other gives us soo mutch more insight into the force lore and all. Mortis arc got only more better after Rebels re-introduced them as force gods and they build gateways into a force realm. I think we might see some Mortis related in the Ahsoka show.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A Mortis thread on twitter and how it goes with Japanese.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I agree with what Frederik said. I'm glad that people do like this arc 'cause I mainly heard it criticized on Youtube and elsewhere on the internet when it came out back in the day. I think the portrayals of the Father, Daughter, and Son were good ways to analyze the Force. Plus, I liked how Rebels and Fate of the Jedi both drew upon this arc. Of course, I like FOTJ better than some, but that's another kettle of fish.

My significant other and my sister-figures were really intrigued when they watched the Mortis arc. However, some years ago, I watched it with my former college roommate, and he didn't like the third episode, particularly when Father mind-wipes Anakin. However, I never really had a problem with it. It was necessary for him to do so, and it was interesting to see Anakin temporarily turn to the dark side for less selfish reasons. Son was messing things up, and he could have been a terrible threat to the galaxy had he escaped with Anakin. Also, I like the idea that the galaxy's conflicts just multiply after the deaths of Father, Son, and Daughter. It does a lot to explain why the post-ROTJ EU was so conflict-ridden. Lastly, while Abeloth is an insanely OP character, I like that her re-emergence is a consequence of the loss of the original Ones, and the notion of both Jedi and Sith needing to replace the Ones is a fascinating concept.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Intresting never noticed the father was in Rebels.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    that big mural on the wall is pretty hard to miss

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I was more thinking of the ruined statue of the father.

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I liked the Mortis arc per say, but, I would have felt better without it if it would have gotten the series completed. There are arcs that should have been done that I felt were more in line with star wars. The Mortis arc, along with the Force Priestess arc, and anything with Mother Talzin and the green mist just changes what I have known of star wars. In Rebels, that whole time thing through me through a loop. With that said, we have it and I would definitely like to see more of them in future works. I think there are layers to the Mortis family we don't know about that I would like to know.

11. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I wonder who the Mother of Mortis could be in canon if they introduce a Mother down the line. I doubt they would go the Abeloth route and introduce the Chaos aspect as they did in Legends. Still, if the Father represents balance would the Mother then represent unbalance?
    Or might the Father represent the cosmic force and the Mother the living Force? If so, then the Force priestesses from the Yoda arc could be a good candidate for the Mother.