main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well it was master Yoda who knighted Kanan trough appariton of the Grand Inquisitor as a jedi knight. And yes the relationship between Kanan and Ezra is special. Mutch better then the prequel jedi order from before TPM to the clone wars.

2. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Was it? I don't think that was confirmed. Either way, should have actually been Yoda, not through an apparition.

Their relationship is special but I don't think you can say it's better than the Prequel Jedi Order just because of it being more informal. I don't think any Master/ Apprentice relationship is better than another really, they're all different and slightly unique. At least the main ones we've seen anyway.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  4. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Much better than every single previous relationship between a Jedi master and student? How do you know that? We have a great example of a relationship in The Phantom Menace where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon love and respect one another

The Shadow Emperor and Sudooku like this.
  5. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    That's one movie vs three and a half seasons though, so of course the one with more screentime is going to look better by comparison since there's more examples of it
    Same way TCW fleshed out Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship compared to what little we saw in AotC and RotS

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

We might not see Kanan anymore after hos brief appearance in Bad Batch Premiere, and seeing his story in Rebels tv show. At least not with Freddie Prince JR. Maybe someone else takes over for him in live action if he does appear in Ahsoka or orher live action. Doubtful anyone would take over for him in animation as Kanan, as it would be kind of jarring. Im big fan of Kanan Jarrus in Rebels, so I kind of hope we see him again.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  7. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Kanan's story's already been told. There's no where where it would make sense for him to show up.

Riv_Shiel, Count Yubnub and Sudooku like this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree there isn't really anywhere for Kanan to show up that make senses. Even if you want to entertain Team Ghost showing up in Andor it doesn't makes sense. It makes more sense than ever why Team Ghost was mostly doing their own thing and avoiding getting involved for a fourth of the show.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Flashbacks.

Or they find a way to "save" him which doesn't cheapen his heroic sacrifice. So he cones back with Ezra.

Kanan didn't deserve to die. A shame he did when he could have been lost like Ezra instead of dying to show why he wasn't around in the OT.

10. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I think it was a great moment and I wouldn't want to undercut it.

Aah Fisto and Sudooku like this.
  11. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Kanan’s death is one of my favourite scenes in all Star Wars. It’s a chillingly beautiful moment of sacrifice and a perfect end to Kanan’s physical arc. (Being that the lothwolves carry on his arc after his physical death). It plays a crucial role in the arcs of the rest of the crew too

As much as I love him as a character. There’s is no way on earth I would want that emotional scene being cheapened by him being ‘saved’ in any way.

12. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I wish, it had happened for Palpatine that final way too. Now his "end" in Ep. VI feels so shallow suddenly.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Five years ago. Soon to be continnued in live action.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  14. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Wow, it doesn't feel that long.

I love those episodes, proves that animation can be just as good as if not better than live action.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I've started rewatching Rebels in preparation for Ahsoka. About halfway through season 1 now (Empire Day), and it's a lot of fun. I always thought this show was great from the start, and that's still true. It's pure Star Wars; fun, great characters, action-packed and with a lot of heart.

Lothal is such an underrated location too. I know a lot of people wanted the show to leave the planet more during the first season, but I always thought its more local setting was a strength rather than a weakness. We get to know Lothal better than most SW planets, which is why — IMO — we go on to really care about its fate throughout the series. Can't wait to get another look at it in Ahsoka. The glimpses we get in the trailer look fantastic.

This will be my third or fourth complete rewatch of the show, and I find it to be as good now as it was when it first aired. Absolutely one of my favorite SW stories ever.

Ghost Ryder and Happy Sando like this.
  16. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    @TCF-1138,
    Do you think that Lothal will appear in the coming series?

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, it's in the trailers. Though I doubt it'll be featuring that much.

I watched Path of the Jedi today, and I noticed a fun little detail: when Kanan and Ezra leave the Jedi Temple, Kanan notes that what's in the temple is "the past". Considering that it's a portal to the World Between Worlds, that's a very fitting description.

Ghost Ryder, Sudooku and darkspine10 like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I honestly thought it was longer. As we have gotten in animation 2 seasons of Bad Batch 2 seasons of Resistance, 1 season of TOTJ and 2 seasons of Visions.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Agreed; that focus sets the stage well for Season 4, and even earlier parts like Siege of Lothal. What actually got me most excited about seeing it in live action is the highway. I think that, despite it having little to no narrative significance, seeing it utilized in live action brings back all the hijinks from Season 1, in particular, and may bode well for other things Filoni included.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    TCW finished now onto Rebels. I am cutting out the bad batch because it’s recent enough that I remember it’s plot and anything that will be useful for Ahsoka. (Tantiss) I remember very well.

I am not going to touch TCW for a long time. I have reached my limit on that.

21. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Am not surprised; you really rattled through it! Well, at least Rebels is half the length!

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea. Already finished season 1 of rebels as I am pulling an all nighter tonight to fix my sleep schedule lol.

no what I needed was just new characters. One can only watch Ahsoka role her eyes one to many times before one loses their mind.

Happy Sando likes this.
  23. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Whatever could you mean...? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

At least she rolls her eyes a lot less in Rebels, otherwise you might've hit the second season too soon!

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was mostly joking about the eye rolls. But it’s really hard to binge a show like TCW. Cause it’s so long. Ideally. I should have given myself more time. To watch it. But I still enjoyed season 7 enough to finish it in one day even if episodes 5-8 were not the best to say the least.

since I am making such good time on rebels I so expect to rewatch bad batch as well before Ahsoka. That way I can be prepared.

25. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Which was better, Clone Wars or Rebels?

A tough, tough call. Very different shows, too. Rebels is a more conventional story. And it was such a great such.

Clone Wars was more sprawling with a lot of different types of stories within. Ambitious. The development of Ashoka was amazing. Remember when everyone hated her?

As I write about it, I'm hard pressed to say which.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023