main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Who is your favorite female Sith/Dark Jedi?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SateleNovelist11, Mar 19, 2020.

?

Who is your favorite female Sith/Dark Jedi?

1. Darth Traya, Lord of Betrayal

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. Darth Zannah, second Banite Lord

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. Asajj Ventress, Dark Jedi acolyte of Darth Tyranus

18 vote(s)
    25.7%
  5. Vergere, teacher of Lumiya and Darth Caedus

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Darth Maladi, Sith scientist and physician for Darth Krayt

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Darth Talon, Hand of Darth Krayt

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Tahiri Veila, apprentice of Darth Caedus

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. Aurra Sing, Dark Jedi

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. Alema Rar, Dark Jedi

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  11. Vestara Khai, former member of the Lost Tribe of Sith

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Well, my answer would be Darth Zannah (obviously), but also Lumiya and Darth Traya.

Kato Sai and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Probably Shaa from the vader comic.

3. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  4. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Darth Zannah is something else. I'm thinking about reading the Bane trilogy again during the summer before my sister-figures from Texas visit. Zannah may not be the greatest warrior of all time, but she could defeat Grievous and more prequel-era Jedi than one may think.

5. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    That is pretty much how I see it too

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  6. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

Yeah, she is not to be underestimated. She is very intelligent and ruthless.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Yeah she did train under Darth Bane Which Is no small thing

8. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    She also slayed Bane, when he was trying to do Essence Transfer on her. Zannah really is underrated, she needs to be canonized.

9. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  10. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Damn right. She, Darth Traya, and Lumiya are among the Sith who, if they were real, would give me nightmares.

Kato Sai and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Depending on your Force alignment, maybe nightmares you don’t want to wake from. :D

12. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Well, it was said that Zannah was very attractive. Hehehe.

Kato Sai likes this.
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Darksiders always are.

“Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy has gone over to the Dark Side.
    —Kira Carsen, on the typical Sith wardrobe, SW The Old Republic

14. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Githany was also very attractive. But Darth Bane dismissed her as having never truly understood the dark side. This was partially due to her refusal to leave Lord Kaan after Bane helped the old Sith to fashion the Thought Bomb. It’s just as well because Zannah turned out to be a much more interesting apprentice.

Kato Sai likes this.
  15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Who do you think would be a great live action Zannah?

16. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I am not sure of any Actress that could do her Justice

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Rosmund Pike would make a great Zannah. She scared the Sith out of me in Gone Girl.

[​IMG]

She can go from this sweet smile to serial killer in a second.

18. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Part of what makes Tahiri interesting as a Sith is Anakin’s return aside, what Jacen offers is a chance at self actualization.

Tahiri is a broken woman, who is lost and rudderless after the NJO. Siding with Jacen is a chance to truly come into her own, to achieve something beyond being the solo wife that could have been.

Caedus’ pitch is “you don’t have to be this rudderless spoke on a wheel, achieve a real destiny, do something truly real, and overcome your own inadequacy and sense of failure and loss”.

It’s an offer Tahiri I think does want-she doesn’t want to just be a random Jedi tagging along with the solos, or a lost loner with no purpose.

It’s somewhat similar to Cognus-who Bane offers a meaningful life too.

That’s something I think we should see and emphasize more-the pitch to be a Sith shouldn’t always be “powaaahh!” per se and more “this path is a way to achieve your true potential, freed of the bounds and self chaining lies you live with now, a truly satisfying life, a meaningful life that allows you to indeed break your chains and be the greatest you can be and more”.

Kato Sai and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    That is the Sith sales pitch, “fulfill your destiny.” Its very attractive to the abused, broken, and downtrodden. In fact, its the most effective recruiting tool, because the Jedi while do help the downtrodden, they don’t offer for them to join the Jedi, that is reserved for those who are chosen.

Sith: Many are Called
    Jedi: Few Are Chosen

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Sith: But not all who are called are worthy.

By Sith standards, Tahiri failed. She was too weak, too gentle, too attached to a dead man.

Kato Sai likes this.
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Very true, “By its very nature, the dark side invites rivalry and strife. This is the greatest strength of the Sith: it culls the weak from our order.
    Drew Karpyshyn, Star Wars, The Darth Bane Series: Path of Destruction, Rule of Two, Dynasty of Evil

22. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Excellent idea. She was robbed of that Oscar in 2014 for Gone Girl.

By the way, I'm not sure where else I could put this, but I had a hilarious dream on Sunday night. I dreamt that I was eating at a restaurant, and there was this picture of Ludo Kressh that he had signed. My server told me that he had contributed it to the restaurant.

Trust me. I've had plenty of wild, funny, and adorable dreams.

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    This monologue makes me sure Rosmund Pike is the right choice for Darth Zannah:

“Look at you, sitting there. You think you’re good people. You’re not good people. Trust me, there’s no such thing as good people. I used to be like you… thinking that working hard and playing fair would lead to success and happiness. It doesn’t. Playing fair is a joke invented by rich people to keep the rest of us poor.
    And I’ve been poor. It doesn’t agree with me. ’Cause there’s two types of people in this world: the people who take… and those getting took. Predators and prey. Lions and lambs. My name is Marla Grayson, and I’m not a lamb. I am a ****ing lioness.” -I Care A Lot

24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    One thing I like about Zannah is how seriously she takes being a Sith-it is a religion for her, and the core of who she is and what she cares about. It's rare to see such...convicted would be the right word? Female villains? Who aren't motivated by revenge, or even the pursuit of power or something material-but a commitment to a cause that is sincere, and disciplined devotion that she has given her life too.

Her line to the newly born Cognus at the end of Dynasty of Evil really makes that clear-"the Sith are eternal" when Cognus tentatively asks if Bane has seized control of her body. She knows she won't live forever, but the Sith Order that will endure forever, she has no doubt.

An actress for Zannah would need to be able to handle both the cold sorceress aspect of the character and the underlying zeal and commitment.

SateleNovelist11 and Kato Sai like this.
  25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Zannah’s approach to being a Sith is more realistic. The Order survives and is eternal, and so the greatest legacy is to leave knowledge for future generations of Sith to glean from. For instance Darth Revan’s holocron is full of great wisdom about being a Sith.

Last edited: May 7, 2022