main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

As wonderful as it was to see Holland, Garfield, and Maguire portraying three different Spider-Men, it was great to see Dafoe, Molina, and Foxx as the villains. Also, it was nice to hear Church and Ifans in the film, and Church did some good voice-acting. Ifans did, too, but he wasn't in it quite as much as the others. I gotta admit I love his line in which he mocks the notion that MJ is Holland's Peter's girlfriend. It was neat that Dafoe did most of his own stunts. Foxx was clearly having the time of his life, and I loved his evil laugh toward the end. Ha ha. He was so cool throughout the film. Molina as Doc Ock actually somewhat influenced how some of the villains in my novel's third part fight in one scene. I had already established that Vefkelnin humans can supernaturally extend their fingernails or even toenails into claws of any length, and they are both flexible and incredibly hard. So, anyway, two villains actually stab their toe claws into concrete and walk like spiders, and they use their finger claws as weapons. The point was to keep themselves elevated above their opponents. Kinda similar to Doc Ock and his tentacles.

BigAl6ft6 and Thena like this.
  2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Having watched the bonus features on the blu-ray, I'm not sure we can accurately say Dafoe did "most" of his own stunts, but he certainly did more than I would have imagined! But part of me felt bad when watching the movie and I wished desperately to make sure certain scenes were done by a stuntman, because someone his age shouldn't be pushing himself too hard!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    That's true. He is 66. I have a DVD player connected to my computer, but I can't play Blu-rays unless I visit my friend's house.

Spider-Man has been one of my favorite heroes since the mid-1999s, when I discovered the original animated series. This movie is a real joy.

soitscometothis and Thena like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's so that, between the two of them, you can establish a Bat-ting average.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

:p

7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Sony just announced an upcoming movie based on Marvel's El Muerto

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Every few weeks, Sony finds a new bottom to the barrel and starts scraping.

9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    He's the first Latino superhero to get his own movie AFAIK. As a Latina fan, I'm willing to give Sony the benefit of the doubt until the movie is out.
    If they really botch it up, they will definitely never hear the end of it from the Latinx fans!

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    False.

Blue Beetle was already announced by DC, with one of the stars of Cobra Kai and is actually based on a property someone might have heard of.
    What to know about Blue Beetle, DC's first Latino superhero film

Yodaminch likes this.
  11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Blue Beetle was originally announced as an HBOMax project. IIRC. They have since said they want to release it theatrically, but when it comes to WB, I am deeply skeptical about their release plans being subject to change at the last minute.
    Whichever one reaches theaters first, I hope they will both be good.

Also confirmed today: Venom 3

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, Sony really earned the benefit of the doubt after Venom, and Venom: Let There Be Carnage, and Morbius, to say nothing of the Ghost Rider films, or their handling of two subsequent Spider-Man series.

I absolutely think there should be better Latino representation in media period, not just in superhero films, and I freaking love Bad Bunny. But this is just… stupid.

S. Raw Rats likes this.
  13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    So.... don't buy a ticket. Problem solved!

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    A lot of people from Puerto Rico I know just absolutely love Bad Bunny, he’s like the biggest thing for them.

Thena likes this.
  15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Sony really seems intent on driving the value of Spider-Man movies into the ground.

I first saw this advertised as a Marvel movie and briefly wondered if Feige had lost his mind. Seeing that it’s Sony makes so much more sense.

Someone needs to stop them. Especially Rothman.

Ghost likes this.
  16. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Putting my foot down very firmly on this Sony universe and making it known that I will only be watching their Venom installments (and hoping that Venom and Eddie settle down, get married, and kiss more on screen).

[​IMG]

This is cinema, baby.

17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    But wait, there's more!

Sarge likes this.
  18. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    So according to Forbes... (unverified Venom 3 rumors within the spoiler tag):
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...stly-a-sony-casting-wishlist/?sh=561104453326

Doing some Googling, looking to see what Marvel's Xenophage is, finding out that they're a parasitic alien race that devours Symbiotes and uhhhh, wait???? That's a shockingly cool concept?????? Weird gross alien bugs are always neat.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Hey @bstnsx704 - some of us don't particularly enjoy reading a synopsis of a movie that won't be out for a few years. Any chance you could spoiler tag please? Thanks

20. S. Raw Rats

S. Raw Rats Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2021
    I'm latinxxxxxxxxxxxx and try not to ever be the buzzkill who craps on things people like, but I'll just say touting diversity firsties with a lame, stereotypically Mexican character who only appeared in like two issues of a comic book ever doesn't do much for me. That it's Sony's version of the "MCU" (which is kind of the Gobots of superhero movie franchises--when you wanted a Transformer and got a Gobot it was a let down) is just icing on the poo cake. El Tremendo Mierda.

21. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I guess reactions are strong, indeed!

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, I hope they haven’t done live action Miles Morales because they’re gonna let Marvel make the film.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why?

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Because I want Morales in the MCU. And because I want the film to actually be good.

25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Live-action Miles Morales has the potential to be bigger than Black Panther, so it definitely would be better as a full-blown MCU movie