main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I'm still here but not really. Just very stressed out and trying to cope so I have no energy to read or write or otherwise do much on here.

Mistress_Renata and amidalachick like this.
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't post in the social thread much, because I feel like my life is boring, so there's not much to talk about. But we got a greenhouse and got it set up about the end of February/early March, and last week I planted some carrots, and overall our garden is doing good so far, so I guess there's that.

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Yeah. My life's mostly work nowadays. I do go out sometimes, but mostly just a homebody.

4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm around but I haven't been doing very well mentally and emotionally, either, and I just haven't had much to say here. Big hugs for @gizkaspice and @DarthIshtar and anyone else who needs them. [:D][:D]

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701 oh, that's cool! Gardening and plants are always a good thing!

5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you for giving everyone virtual hugs. Have a couple for yourself. [:D][:D]

gizkaspice and Lady_Misty like this.
  6. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I offer free cyber-hugs and virtual cookies to all who need and/or want them along with a beverage of your choice.

gizkaspice likes this.
  7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Glad that everyone is doing good.

I was gone because I was processing my grief and feelings over finding out that my Nana passed away on Facebook (my cousin Marie posted it and I and my oldest sister both saw it), not being able to make two trips to her home area for her graveside service and her Celebration of Life and having to make a choice which one I was going to attend in person and watch the other over Zoom and just as I was feeling like I was ready to share all this my MIL realized that her allergies might not be allergies but COVID on Saturday and I became congested about the same time and only took a(nother) at home test today because I had a doctor’s appointment and couldn’t go unless I tested negative and I tested positive and Evan had to go to the doctor this morning because he threw up during the night and he also tested positive.

My BIL James tested positive on Sunday night and Lauren sent in a test she did today; so far Eph tested negative but he was kissing me and I wasn’t masking around him because I thought that I was just congested and his throat is scratchy.

The only person who hasn’t done a test is my FIL and he’s been kissing his wife as he doesn’t care that she’s sick.

Supposedly I won’t be contagious on Thursday as my symptoms started on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mistress_Renata and Gamiel like this.
  8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Aw, crumbs. That ain't a fun time. May Force Ghost Qui-Gon be with you, and bring you a hot cup of tea and some chicken soup. [face_coffee][face_chicken]

I hope you feel better soon.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am sorry for your loss, @Lady_Misty . :(

My son sent me information on his college graduation yesterday that will take place on 7 May. Yes, I get two weeks notice and I am scheduled to work that day.

Before you call me a bad mom, he changed his major and he is still working on his new major, but the core courses needed for these two majors made him eligible to get an associates in Biology, so he decided to get that degree...just in case he changes his mind again on majors again. :rolleyes:

Because I knew he had two more semesters on his new line of study I wasn't expecting to go to a graduation until the end of the year.

My other son gave up on college and joined the Army and is now a helicopter mechanic.

I am still working long hours at the hospital but COVID has dropped to almost nothing. Usually the covid patients we have didn't come in for the disease. They are in a car accident and we test everybody in the emergency room and surprise they are positive with no symptoms.

So, you might ask....why am I working long hours? Easy, when the pandemic was raging offers went out for medical personnel to become 'travelers' for a TON of money. So many of our personnel became travelers and left. Then we were short...so we had to hire travelers. It is like some bizarre community exchange system. Somebody in some small town is making $36/hr as a therapist and is offered $100/hr to go to Detroit. They leave and the small town now has to hire travelers from Detroit $100/hr to come to their hospital to work. Maybe just pay everybody more money and they may just stay at their home hospital! The problem is if you start paying people more it is hard to walk that back. It is better to pay people with three month contracts more money and when the pandemic is over you don't renew the contract.

I don't travel because I am too old for that. I don't want to live out of a hotel room or short term rental and then learn a hospitals strange way of doing things and a new charting system. It is too much aggravation.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Thanks [mention]Jedi_Lover [/mention] !

It’s your son’s fault that he didn’t tell you about the change in his graduation date.

My Pappaw was a mechanic on planes in the US Military; forget what branch as his service wasn’t talked about a lot and between him and Nana moving away for about six years, passing away shortly before I turned fourteen and it was only mentioned at his funeral.

I think that I’m on the mend, but I thought that Monday when I thought that I just had congested.

Trying to stay hydrated, have gone through the equivalent of a box of tissues blowing my nose, don’t have much of an appetite but trying to eat.

I am more worried about my son Evan as he hasn’t really eaten the last few days and unless we get liquid Baby Tylenol into him like clockwork he doesn’t want to eat/drink or do anything but be held and fuss and we have to bribe him to take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Sooo... This is my post confirming I'm not dead. However there was an... ummm... incident that landed me in the back of an ambulance which I'm not going to discuss (more embarrassing than anything else - not COVID related, more stupid Millenial). I'm fine now (kinda?) and I don't remember much of it (blacking out is not fun but I'm kinda thankful I did). But I am still so very burned out and completely exhausted because I had to return to work 2 days after.

Is it bad that I'm looking forward to my (completely unrelated) wisdom teeth removal surgery in mid May? I booked 2 weeks off, not that I need it to recover from the surgery... I need it to recover from being me.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ouch, sorry and I hope you recover ASAP.

How many wisdom teeth? All of them? I had all of mine pulled about... fifteen years ago or so. Not too fun, IIRC.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks. I think I really just need some time off. If it wasn't for the two weeks I already have off in May, I would have (and probably should have) taken time off.

Yeah, all four. One is in a particularly bad position so I have to completely go under for it. I've been putting this off for the past 10 years, but I figured it's finally time to get the dentist to stop bugging me about it.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Hope you are taking it easy and get well.

15. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Ah-hah! Not so manic today that I can't remember my password to log in from my phone. Yay!

DarthIshtar and Lady_Misty like this.
  16. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    List of things that went wrong today:
    1. I woke up completely exhausted for no good reason (I was not remotely sleep-deprived by my usual standards) and struggled to wake up even after a can of Monster Energy.
    2. While editing a Word document at work simultaneously with someone else, the fonts kept changing randomly and at one point the entire document was in Wingdings and Greek letters. We later figured out that the other person's computer was glitching and causing random style changes.
    3. I ordered a coffee table four weeks ago and was supposed to get it on the 15th, but as of today's visit it has been pushed back three times and still isn't ready. Allegedly it was on today's truck and will be ready Monday but I don't completely believe them.
    4. On my way from leaving the furniture store I got a nosebleed while driving from all the nose-blowing I've been doing because of how bad allergies are this week. I had to plug my nose with one hand and use the other to steer the car into a fire station driveway, then sit there with tissues stopping it and then drive to a nearby gas station to throw the bloody tissues away and wash my hands.
    5. And at dinner, my plate slipped out of my server's hand and threw my fish, green beans, and carrots all over the place and they had to clean up my booth and remake my food.
    Can I have a mulligan on today? Oh, and I'm still exhausted. Or maybe it's that I'm exhausted again?

Kahara and Lady_Misty like this.
  17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...my father had his knee replaced on Monday (we'll say it happened in time for his birthday), so the hyper-manic state that I got into where all the weird things made total sense REALLY should have been expected. It wasn't, and I was singing the opening song from State Fair on repeat all day yesterday. It isn't on repeat now, so progress.

And... I totally get the exhaustion thing, there, jcgoble. Last night, I was struggling to write a post and kept accidentally collapsing or reverting the window I was getting lake info from.

Kahara, Lady_Misty and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    May the Fourth Be With You.

I’m pretty tired from being sick for three days and getting a migraine from it.

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm sorry. That massively sucks. Migraines need to die at this point.

DaenaBenjen42 and Kahara like this.
  20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    So, somehow like last Spring, I find myself taking over three people's jobs due to various injuries and sicknesses (and this would be 1000 times easier if they had done their freaking jobs up to the point of falling ill). However, I'm on PLANNED medical leave as of Friday soooo its really not going to be my problem much longer.

It's like a train wreck but I'm jumping off REAL soon.

Lady_Misty and DarthIshtar like this.
  21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    May you land safely and manage to tuck and roll away from the flaming wreck!

Briannakin likes this.
  22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hope the leave is good for you and the run-up to it is not too horrific.

I’m going to California on the 20th because it’s been six years since I went to see my brother instead of him coming through town out here. I really need to not be massively stressed out by this week, but lost nearly a day of work when I had to set up my new computer and then discovered things like they lied about the software with which I have to do my job being installed so I was on the phone for an hour and a half just to get adobe creative suite on there.

Lady_Misty and Briannakin like this.
  23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I hope the trip goes well and that massively sucks about them lying about stuff. Why would they do that?!

I have a vacation coming up the first week of August. I have no plans beyond sleeping.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My mantra for the next like day has become "not my circus, not my monkeys". Though it is kinda my circus, I just don't have to deal with it for two weeks.

AND WHO THE HELL LOST THE "HOW TO" GUIDE-BOOK FOR OUR DATA-BASE?!

Sorry. I'm pissed off, this data-base is ancient, and I was trained on it over a year a go and I don't use it much.

I took 2 weeks off to recover so I don't have much planned other than sleeping either.

Kahara and DarthIshtar like this.
  25. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Adulting sucks. That is all.

Kahara, gizkaspice and amidalachick like this.