main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Anaheim Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 18, 2019.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    That would be amazing but I think most of us will have caved and watched it :D
    (plus I don't know anyone with a sound system!)

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm still hoping we'll hear news about a screening event. It'd be ridiculous not to do one when Celebration is happening right on those days.

3. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    There is literally a big gap on Thursday afternoon on all 3 main stages that is perfect for it. Crossing every finger I have for it.

Amon_Amarth and BobaThrowsaFett like this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    It's easier for you since duloks only have eight.

5. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I rented one in Anaheim in 2015 for an event I hosted and it was almost $500 for 2 speakers and a mic and board. It was a major pain picking up and dropping off too. I can travel with a projector but traveling with a sound system is outside of my scope. I brought it with me to Orlando in 2017 and my buddy and I laid down the tv in the hotel and projected onto the wall in our room. Sound sucked though because we were using a laptop.

I think it would be fun to do an outside screening but finding a space and not getting arrested and having decent sound all kill the idea pretty quickly.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    $500, we could almost buy our own ship for that! :p

Yeah, it's a great idea in theory but the practical stuff kills it pretty quick. If they don't do something official it will be one of the biggest missed opportunities in SWC memory.

7. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I even considered buying a system on amazon and having it delivered to the hotel then selling it to pawn shop on my way out but even the logistics of that weren't worth it. With amazon easy returns it may not be the worst idea again. Venue is the next hurdle. I paid 2500 for a meeting space for 200 people in the hilton. That was 7 years ago so I'm sure the price has gone up. We could sell tickets but then we'd get arrested for violating copyright laws. I miss the days of easy get togethers for movie and tv screenings.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, hosting it definitely has potential legal issues. But man would have been epic!

9. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Just do what I'm doing: bringing a fire stick 4K to my hotel room and using my phone as a hot spot to connect to Disney+, assuming we don't have a screening of course.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    That's the plan. I just wanted a better quality screen [face_laugh]

11. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Connections sent my hotel itinerary today.

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Same. I was getting close to calling.

StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  13. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I’ve received mine too though it seems they’ve told the Residence Inn there’s only 1 guest when there’s been 3 guests on the booking ever since I first made it with Connections!

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    As long as you're triplets and enter the hotel one at a time you'll be fine.

15. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Looks like everything has switched over to hotel-side now. I still have a room to cancel, and couldn't figure out how to do it hotel-side.