main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don’t think the look is that different from his look on Rebels. As I said before just the shape of his head and his eyes. Does he look different from other Pau’ans seen in ROTS? Yes because the Grand Inquisitor looks different in Rebels as well. That is what I attribute to dark side influence.

2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I laughed out loud at this

you're not wrong, but still.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    When you have an alien in major role you gotta sarcifice a little, like with Ahsoka, who dosent have as long lekkus like in animation.

whostheBossk and Konrad Pietrzak like this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, that's a hard comparison, because animation, especially the highly stylized kind of Rebels, is very different from live action. That's why people are referring to the ROTS design. Because that is the original, George approved, design for live action Pau'ans. Rebels was an interpretation of that. It seems logical that a live action design for GI would be closer to other live action examples of Pau'ans.

But, it doesn't mean that anyone has to dislike this new design. I just don't think it looks nearly as good or professional as the ROTS designs. Nor very accurate to the design George chose for Pau'ans.

5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    May I add the unfinished Crystal Crisis arc? A few Pau'an examples there, js.

6. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    Great debate.

7. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    It was within the context of a joke, no worries there. There is a design behind the figure, though, and I do feels it differs from Medon.
    I agree. Everyone has every right to like it or not like it, and many have presented sound reasoning behind both feelings.

8. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Palps' look was corrupted by frying himself. Maybe the GI fried himself too but for Pau'ans it has the opposite effect and smooths out their lines / head shape.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Medon also seems to be a very elderly Pu’an. Makes perfect sense that a younger member of the species would have smoother skin. This kind of variety among the same alien species increases my suspension of disbelief.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Not to get into this age-old debate too much, but I think The Rise of Skywalker answered that with some finality. Before he gets restored and is basically a rotting corpse, he looks more like his TPM/AOTC self, but once he has his full powers back, without getting fried, he's good ol' post-ROTS Palps.
    This indicates, to me, that deformed Sidious is his true face, corrupted by his powers and the Dark Side.

11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Perspectives, some people like them, others don't, nothing can ever change those individual likes and dislikes. What ever works for the viewer to enjoy the show is up to viewer because enjoying the show is the most important factor.

12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Seems like I warmed up very quickly to live action Inquisitors. In fact, the Grand Inquisitor looked great with a cape.

13. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Indeed! To me that look makes a lot of sense for him. I mean, felt strange to have a character named the GRAND Inquisitor not having a cape in a galaxy where big egos like Krennic and Gideon have one... and our dear scoundrel Lando has like 20!

14. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    For the record I am excited for Kenobi I think the series looks ace for the most part, but that doesn’t mean I can’t criticise the bad Grand Inquisitor design and the Sonic the Hedgehog make over is the perfect example that it can be worth pointing out bad designs.

The Grand Inquisitors original design looked very unique and memorable for a dark side user as he looked like a proper Paun (as he is meant to), but his live action counterpart just looks like a typical dark side user, at this point it’s generic and pretty forgettable.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I think the live action GI looks much better than the GI in Rebels. By a lot.

16. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    What about Fifth Brother, generally speaking? He's been one of my favorite Inquisitors since his introduction, but I was originally unsure about his looks in live action. Not that he looks bad, only different to what I expected. Then I noticed that low, whispering voice interacting with Reva in the trailer is Sung Kang´s! Considering Philip Anthony Rodriguez gave Fifth Brother a very distinctive voice (that I think is an important part of the character) Kang´s version sounded pretty good to me...

17. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I think he looks like Chairman L.C. Clench of X-S Tech.

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
  19. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Tell me about the lightsaber. It looks awesome.

It is phenomenal. It's double ended, as you've seen in some of the early-release artwork. So he can use it with one or both of the ends. He can turn it into a whirling blade. He can fly with it. It's pretty kick-ass.

Does this mean we're seeing flying inquisitors in Kenobi? He explicitly said he hasn't seen rebels, so i don't know how else he'd know this.

Ithorians and cwustudent like this.
  20. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Perhaps! I imagine that even if he didn't see Rebels, he informed himself / was informed about the basics of the character, though:

"So I would be completely open to it. I loved playing the part and would love to see what happened if he were to interact. Or, if you read his kind of timeline, there are some really fascinating things where he is turned into a hologram, and he decides to jump to his own death because he says that there's some things that are worse than death, referencing Vader's punishment. And obviously our period doesn't cover that. So if they decide to explore that, I would think that would be pretty thrilling."

I really liked the bit about the Grand Inquisitor being someone who loves hearing his own voice. Nice contrast with Vader!

21. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Good point, but I wouldn't exactly say it's a crucial detail.

Ithorians likes this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I am looking forward to seeing the Inquisitors in the live action tv series. I mean we have them in the animated series, comics, and video game so it going to look cool just to see it in live action. While I love the animation, when it comes to star wars there is something to be said to be able to see either a live action movie or a live action tv series.

Ithorians likes this.
  23. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    So no one has posted about Kenobi 1& 2? No discussion about the Grand Inquisitor?

24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    An unexpected development... may be the Grand Inquisitor will think twice before questioning Reva now?

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe the GI

In Rebels is a different guy, we just saw the OG GI die, hence the visual discrepancy

clone commander bossk likes this.