main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    And we also now know the real reason he stepped down from directing the Fantastic Four film. Looks like he chose Star Wars over it.

Krueger and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh, right. Thanks. Films and TV are blurring together for me these days.

3. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    [​IMG]
    The future of SW on TV will be just fine!

4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The assumption is that this group of kids are all Padawan material so just after ROTJ would not fit. The Mandalorian/TBOBF shows us that Luke is only starting up his Academy at that time with Grogu supposedly the first through the door.

I believe that some sources have 10 year old Ben Solo as Luke's first proper pupil in 15 ABY,I really wouldn't be surprised if this was a Young Ben Solo series, realistically it's the only way to go.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm not convinced it's a Jedi story at all to be honest. I certainly hope it is, but considering the time frame (post ROTJ), I doubt it.

MercenaryAce and Mostly Handless like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe not jedi but story about force senstives kids.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  7. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need a Coruscant underworld show. Need to see Star Wars shows moving away from Tatooine now.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Andor for now seems the likley we will see Corucant and Acolyte. Maybe we get more stories starting with them on Corucant.

9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I really enjoy seeing characters out of their usual environment and earlier or later in their timeline, we've seen that slightly with Boba in his series. The building up of the world that character inhibits plus the chance to see further facets of their personality can be fun and what it leads into. So with Kathleen Kennedy's recent comments regarding moving onto new characters, and I might've read it wrong, I hope it's not the end of some characters that have briefly appeared in the movies that could be the basis of new adventures.

my kind of scum likes this.
  10. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Watts? Ok...that is not a good news by any stretch. I mean...ok...i just don't get it. As movies the 3 marvel spiderman are really terrible, is there any person who's not specially a marvel fan and appreciated these films? The design, directing, photography, composition, editing, tone...is there anything to be saved?

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The third one just made almost 2 billion during a pandemic. Seems like a lot of people like them.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I just hope it dosent feel too mutch like an MCU project.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm not much of a Marvel fan at all, but his three Spider-Man movies are pure fun, with some genuine heart.

15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Has that been confirmed? If they are all Force Sensitive that means someone would have had to gather them together. Force Sensitives are extremely rare throughout the GFFA, four of them, the same age on the same planet would just not happen without someone bringing them together.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Not seen the third one yet but have to agree with the first two being fun and having heart.

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I also agree that they were fun and had heart. And also moxy.

Sarge likes this.
  18. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    This is their chance to recast Luke, they need to rip the band aid eventually.

And Leía…Han already done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    They just announced that they will not be recasting these parts so you might want to abandon this hope.

2Cleva likes this.
  20. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Despite what you are demanding it's not going to happen. KK stated a while back that none of the OT 3 would be recast inside their existing onscreen timelines. To this day she has stuck to that promise, CGI helping portray Luke between trilogies (but still acted by Hamill), more CGI wizardry for Carrie in the ST movies, and all three recast with younger actors before their debuts in ANH.

21. Vasco_Rojo

Apr 21, 2016
    Oh did not see that…but anyway…not the first time producers change their minds or direction.

22. Vasco_Rojo

Apr 21, 2016
    I am not demanding anything, but for the sake of storytelling they would be better off recasting and allow themselves to use legacy characters freely, specially if they want to keep exploring the post ROTJ era with this new series, mandalorian, boba, etc.

23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    That's what some people keep asking. Yet, here we are, a decade of Disney ownership and none of the OT3 have been recast within their own onscreen timelines. They are not going to back down now, especially as they will soon start to explore timelines and storylines further away from the Saga.

Quite frankly, the effort they put into creating the Luke for TBOBF would make re-casting just to save money pretty pointless.

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Hot take but I think any story involving the big three should stick to animation, and doge the whole recasting/cgi-monster issue entirely. Yeah, I know there is kind of a weird but widespread attitude out there that treats live action as automatically better than animation, but I think animation has a lot going for it, especially in regards to the kinds of actions and designs you can make work onscreen.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Like, I can't put my finger on why, but I am getting kind of a "Ewoks duology" vibe, but then at this point anything is possible.

Well, I suppose the people making it have a lot locked down, but we know nothing so everything is effectively possible from our point of view.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, beyond its time period (and even that is a broad area, depending on how exact the reference to the Mandalorian timeline is). We don't know if any of them are force sensitive at this point.* If they will be trapped on a distant world, saving space et (...wait) from the empire, or taking classes with star wars ms frizzle. All possibilities.

* I mean, I would bet good money that at least one of the kids is force sensitive because that is how star wars rolls....

25. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    They don't want to recast for a number of reasons, but one important reason is that it's nearly impossible to recast characters like Luke, Han, and Leia successfully because the actors who played them are too synonymous with the roles; they essentially are the character.

And then when you have someone like Harrison Ford, as KK observes in the Vanity interview, one of the biggest stars Hollywood has ever known, replacing that kind of unique presence and charisma is just unlikely to happen. It's not enough to get a "good" performance from a new actor when the original character and actor are both icons; something more is required, and for lack of a better word, I'll call it magic. Magic is hard to come by.

2Cleva and CrazyOldJedi like this.