main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Acolyte Official “The Acolyte” Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 22, 2020.

1. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    I wonder how much Leslye is in contact with the HighRepublic crew. According to her statements, she is quite familiar with the EU at least in the 90s and 00s

Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    We don't know for sure but during the article she did make a joke that her pets are becoming quite familiar with the High Republic era as they poke their noses in while her zoom calls are going on. So there is probably a good chance she is talking to the novel crew.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

Based on the timeline, and if this show really is about the Sith, it will likely be about Plagueis' master. That is, unless they're totally ignoring everything George and the EU established about Plagueis. With the Rule OF Two in effect, there aren't a lot of options on which Sith to feature. Plagueis was alive and active at some point between TPM and when this series is supposed to take place. It just remains to be seen how much leeway the timeline allows for, and how much time passes during the events of this series. If there are no time jumps, and the series takes place over just a few years, then it's unlikely Plagueis will feature.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The Muun species can live for few hundred years. So Plagueis could be a young accountent at banking clan. By the time he trains Palpatine it hinted he is 150 years old

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    whostheBossk likes this.
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    But the book is no longer canon. We don't even know if Plagueis is still a Muun in the canon. It's likely he would be, since George picked that, but there's no guarantee that they will respect anything that was established in the novel.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    If we by just designs for Darth plagueis the wise, then it was a toss between Muun and Numodian when GL had this character thought out and both could live long lives, both are business species.

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    This is all a blank page, so they can really do whatever. I took it for granted that Amandla Stenberg will be the titular acolyte, which could mean that she’s an apprentice to Plagueis before Palpatine, that she’s Plagueis’ future master. Or she could be more like Asajj and be associated with the Sith but not a Sith herself, or like “The Phantom Menace” the “Acolyte” might not refer to the main character of the story.

The fact that the name Tenebrous has appeared in canon also would make me think that he would also canonically be Plagueis’ master.

Yoda is aware of the Rule of Two in TPM, and while Ki-Adi and Mace believe the Sith extinct, Qui-Gon, Yoda and Mace all seem to believe it possible.

The show could also play into that, of how the Sith came back on the radar with the Jedi.

But in regards to the Sith. Maul was an apprentice since childhood, but other than him. Dooku was an old man who was a Sith for 13ish years. Vader turned as a young man and was a Sith for like 23ish years. Asajj and Krell who expressed interest in being Sith both lived relatively short lives after falling. Kylo Ren fell for less than a decade.

Palpatine is the long lived anomaly. One hundred years before TPM need not even feature Tenebrous. There could have been 5 Sith masters in that time. Plagueis or Tenebrous could have been turned when they were old like Dooku for all we know.

Kylo Ren, Vader, and Dooku all got too big for their breeches relatively early in their apprenticeships and considered overthrowing their masters. I get the sense that the life of a Sith is nasty, brutish and short (again, Palpatine being the major exception)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    The Pro Scoundrel is right. If they were going to use Plagueis, a definite possibility given the timeline, the creators could pick any type of alien they wanted to.

But it does seem more likely we'll see Plagueis's master. Wasn't his master a Bith in the old canon? I doubt they'd go with that.

However, some have speculated that this series will have no Sith at all, which I find unlikely. Headland says specifically she's interested in showing how the Sith could have corrupted the Republic enough for a Sith Lord to take it over undetected.

That implies this is a Sith rising story through and through.

9. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Please give us new sith, it's way more intersting.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Plagueis was said to be a Muun in a recent reference book so he is Muun in canon. Still… I don’t want him to be in this show.

11. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I don't want to have to look at a muun for that long [face_laugh]

12. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    But movies and shows contradict these books all the time. I don't think LFL takes them very seriously as canon.

@clone commander bossk Should Plagueis's master still be a Bith? A Bith Sith?

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I would live to see a Bith Sith.

14. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Ever heard of Darth Tenebrous?

[​IMG]

15. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    If I had to guess we won't see any familiar Sith in the show. If Plagueis does make some sort of appearance it probably wouldn't be until closer to the end of the shows run (and definitely not in the first season).

Regarding Tenebrous I don't know how necessary it really would be to officially have Plagueis's master have that name (if Plagueis does appear in the show). Tenebrous hasn't been mentioned in any actual stories and only had two mentions in non story material (one from 2015 and the other was Rise of Skywalker visual dictionary). Basically all the Wook can come up with to say about that character (other than it was the name of Plagueis's master) is that he/she was the namesake of one of the Sith legions.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  16. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Oh yeah, I'm not saying he'll be in it I was just showing Chiznuk that a bith sith existed.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  17. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Yep. And I was writing up that post before I even saw yours. So me saying that had nothing to do with your post.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep. I’ve read the Darth Plagueis novel. I wouldn’t mind if he or she (I know Tenebrous is male in the novel but they could change that) were in the show.

19. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Ah, ok.

20. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    I can guarantee that the main characters name won't be Tenebrous. As if it were all anybody would talk about would be Plagueis......Plagueis......Plagueis........and nothing else would matter. I imagine this show will be much more about Sith history than it will be the future of the Sith.

I doubt it is any coincidence at all that the High Republic novels havn't said squat about the Sith.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Obviously Tenebrous wouldn’t be the main character. It would be cool to have an alien Sith Master though since we’ve had Palpatine the human this whole time.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Darth Tenebrous would be alive at this time and likley the shows Acolytes master. He would be new character for new fans and casuals. Darth plagueis comes in later in the shows as a rival to the Acolyte. Both of the sith Tenebrous and Plagueis were the masterminds of infiltrating the goverment before Palpatine.

23. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    A Bith Sith could pretty fantastic. They could have a really creepy voice emit from his mask and he could also play in a metal band!

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He could have almost that Darth vader feel with a breathing tube. And his family is in the music business, Tatooine band are his distant cousins. A horryfied translator module for him.

25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think it would be interesting if this took place pre-Tenebrous with characters like Tenebrous and/or Plagueis popping up as their pre-Sith personas.

It would be something that the really nerdy Star Wars fans could piece together as to who this Muun and Bith are, but they wouldn’t be essential to the story.

Kind of like if Dooku popped up in a pre-TPM story. You would know he’s a future Sith lord even though that future evil isn’t relevant to the particular story at hand.

If we meet Plagueis but under his pre-Sith name and nerdy fans eventually deduce who he is and Pablo can give a wink and a nod to fans that get it, but we never actually see him as a Sith Lord yet but just some banker whose career the preceding Sith Lords are “watching with great interest.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk