main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT EW.com 2002 rewatch reviews: Attack of The Clones for it's 20th

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by jaimestarr, May 18, 2022.

1. jaimestarr

jaimestarr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2004
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    best.opening.post everrr.

"click this link and talk, yo"

well, for a start, I wouldn't call it the strangest.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    jaimestarr likes this.
  3. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I gave the article a look but they seemed to spend more time referencing Mandalorian and Kenobi than AOTC.

4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Damn, they even brought up the Geonosis hangar argument, talk about trailing behind the JCF :p

I'm not a fan of the whole 'bring up positive point about the movie then immediately strike it down with counterarguments' style of writing. Kind of feels like hollow praise, especially with all the talk about the movie being somehow 'muddled' in its storytelling intentions. Movie's always made sense to me.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  5. jaimestarr

jaimestarr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2004
    It's a bit interesting to me because they seem like fans that have come to accept (borderline love) AOTC despite the faults they see with it.

6. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Ugh at the line in the article about anyone who thinks Clones is a good movie is “blinded by nostalgia.” Typical garbage viewpoint.

7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Ok darkspine. Like this is a cool post and all but like, we need a conversation about #HangarGate. The biggest SW controversy since Gungans having the last line in ROTJ.

8. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Yeah, but like, how was Kenobi planning to bring Jango back in that single seat fighter? :p[face_laugh]

Dandelo, darkspine10 and Deliveranze like this.
  9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014

Dagobahsystem and Deliveranze like this.
  10. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    And to paraphrase further a lyric by Paul Simon from Kodachrome:

"When I think back to all the crap I heard about the prequels, it's a wonder I can think at all." ;)

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Garbage indeed. Thanks for saving me a click.

12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    this is actually a good point though :p

far more than the Hangar complaint [face_laugh]

13. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    He'd use his trusty Shrink-O-Matic 9000 on him.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    Dandelo likes this.
  14. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    I assume he can call a republic corvette from The Phantom Menace with some police officers to bring him in. He calls in back up this way in the Anakin & Obi-wan comic mini series

15. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Was that really ever an issue? Drug Jango unconcious and put him in some cargo hold? OR tie up Boba and have Kenobi fly Jango back to Coruscant with the Slave I. Certainly his flying skills were enough? He must have flown all kinds of space craft during his Jedi days? If not, what good was he as a pilot anyway, when even Luke did better in ANH? R4 could easily have piloted the Jedi fighter with an unconscious or tied up passenger back in any case.

KyleKartan and Deliveranze like this.
  16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Plus the fighter has a cargo space that Obi-Wan emptied in the fight against Jango in the Geonosis system. Just make some space and toss him in there

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  17. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Not to mention, Obi-Wan was on a fact finding mission. It wasn’t about capturing anyone at that point. He didn’t know he would find Jango at Kamino.

18. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    You have no idea , they argued it for years!

19. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Come on, a Jedi should have been prepared! Or are they really meant to be complete morons? He met Jango on Coruscant already. So what did he think? The next day he found out that that same guy who tried to kill him, Padmé and Anakin was behind ERASING part of a map? No intellectual connection there? What do Jedi learn at the temple anyway? It can't be putting 2 and 2 together.:rolleyes:NOBODY in the council got suspicious at all, apart from a sarcastic remark from Yoda?
    Oh, there's an assassin out there who is also behind hacking into "top secret" Jedi archives. So better send a lone Jedi with a single droid to check things out? I'm sure they had absolutely no backup? Just ONE single one-man-ship to bring possible captives back???
    Is anyone really trying to convince me that ALL the Republic had was one-man fighters?[face_laugh]
    And Jango is so hopelessly overhyped anyway. Not ONE strike unit could have been sent to capture him? FAIL Jedi.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    whostheBossk likes this.