main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Which Star Wars works will you be revisiting to get ready for Kenobi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Glitterstimm, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The Glove of Darth Vader series. I bet this show features those characters!

2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Watched TPM and AOTC last night, epic as always. Gonna start getting into TCW tonight, will save ROTS for Thursday

DarthFixxxer and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Tomorrow, wednesday and thursday, time for watch the prequels.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    added two more to my watchlist, not exactly Kenobi-centric true, but the Siege of Mandalore/series finale arc of The Clone Wars (Maul does jabber about Kenobi a lot because he does that) and the pilot episode of Bad Batch. Mostly because they both run concurrently with RotS and Order 66, setting the table for the darkness of the Empire which is the time period the show is set in.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  5. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Nothing because I have to see if it's worthy of fitting between the movies. As it's Disney there is a good chance they'll get it really wrong. Maybe they'll do something really unexpected and make something really good or at least enjoyable.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  6. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Rewatched PT. Still find Ewanś performance in ROTS as something worth a ton of credit. He sort of takes full charge of his characters drive and motivation, but also feels like the engine to fuel other characters drive. Authority acting. Its like he now knows the full picture of George`s intentions of a bigger story, and gets to fulfil his wishes he had for the Obi Wan role and its place in the trilogy. Watching TPM, well, it reminded me of how great the lightsaber duel with Maul and Qui Gon is. That lifted the roof on the premiere i remember, and still has the energy and emotional stakes to grab me, It also reminded me on how that scene should have been left isolated ( not split with 3 other battles) and longer. Not killing Maul ( he would have been a great threat thoughout the trilogy), skip the useless and generic Gungan battle, and even Anakins copy/ paste OT spaceship routine feels not needed ( how much better with Anakin witnessing Qui Gon dying, with his future master Obi Wan). Nevermind. Love the Tatooine scenes in TPM, even if Ewans scenes mostly is about to abide Qui Gon, and his journey only really starts at the end of the film.

Glitterstimm and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I watched some random episodes of the clone wars show this week, also the last handful episodes of the bad batch, about to start a re-watch of the PT, don’t know if I’ll get through all of them or maybe I’ll just skip past parts

Glitterstimm likes this.
  8. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    The prequels have been re-watched. My body is ready.

9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Written on Monday afternoon.... I guess this means you must bend space and time if you want to watch all of TCW between Monday night and Thursday night :p

133 episodes = ~45 hours , I guess it's doable if you watch 15 hours a day, but I kinda hope you didn't [face_laugh]

On topic, I will watch my favorite scenes in the three prequels, possibly focus on Revenge Of The Sith a little bit more, and then just a couple of hours before the premiere I might watch the last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars.

wobbits and Glitterstimm like this.
  10. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Lol, nah, just watched the TCW movie (great music in that one btw), and the Obi-wan/Mandalore episodes from season 2.

BigAl6ft6 and DarthFixxxer like this.
  11. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I finished up the PT a couple of days ago. That’ll probably be it because that’s all I have time for since it comes out in a couple of days. Had I more time I would’ve read the Master & Apprentice novel for the first time and the Obi-Wan & Anakin comic for the first time. I wouldn’t mind getting back into The Clone Wars but I think I’ll wait to watch that and Rebels when Ahsoka is closer to premiering.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  12. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I'm in the middle of finishing ROTS..so at the very least I watched the PT. Its Ewan and Hayden after all.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Glitterstimm and JoshieHewls like this.
  13. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Watching the Clone wars movie tonight with my young kids. Seems like a nice warm up. We read children’s adaptions of the prequels this week and I showed them the Kenobi and Anakin saber duel up until the part where he was burned because they’re still young. My wife is a little hesitant to show them Kenobi due to violence (the hanging feet from the trailer
    had her worried it would be too dark) but they ended up watching Mando S2 with us (they kept sneaking down to watch and we eventually gave in) and loving it and I told her violence should be fairly comparable.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Getting ready to hit play on ROTS

15. Oswin Oswald

Oswin Oswald Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 16, 2017
    I just listened to the soundtracks before watching Kenobi.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I went back to my 40 year old, yellowed ViewMaster Star Wars slides and then finally opened my vintage box of C3POs Cereal and ate it to prepare for this .

17. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Can you hear Obi-Wan's beard and smell the music?

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes. That is exactly why I prepared this way.

Bor Mullet and Lulu Mars like this.
  19. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I thought shoot I should've prepared now lol. But maybe after I'll watch the PT and this again. I'm definitely watching ANH after.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m really glad I read Finnegan’s Wake in preparation for the show.

Count Yubnub likes this.